Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

wow! new enom look!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hiOsilver said:
The site is now so slow for me that I wonder how we could be talking about the same thing. The new menus totally suck.

Wow strange. I just registered a few names and took less time than normal.

The old design was absulutely horrible but after years of using it navigating was pretty easy.
The new design is much MUCH cleaner. Has less of the horrible brownish orange color.

Hope the speed wasnt just a fluke.

M

mole

Hope that with this new change, their DNS service has also been souped up for reliability, redundancy and speed. I absolutely depend on it.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hiOsilver said:
The site is now so slow for me that I wonder how we could be talking about the same thing. The new menus totally suck.

Same here - like being stuck in quicksand.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hated the colors of the old site, but it was simple and efficient and this new version seems to have problems being like that

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it will take time to get used to it. Overall, probably better than the old site, but since I was so used to navigating the old one, it seems more functional to me.
Seems slower also from here.

I dont like the way they adcertise club drop right there, smack in the middle. It opens all kinds of doors to endusers to think they can enter the market, and make the prices sky rocket...
Thats my most serious concern.
The old site didnt have CD so emphasized in the main page. In fact, it wasnt there.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very nice look.

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FLe8 said:
Pros:
Cons:
They did away with the domain search at the top of each page. This is very useful for someone like myself who is always searching for domains.

I totally agree with you on this. They need to put that search box back at the top of each page. Having to scroll down to the bottom of the page after each domain search in order to do another search is just annoying and unnecessary. That was just stupid design IMHO.

Jon

DNF Regular
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I was never a fan of the old enom design. It looked like it was stuck in the 90's.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
unholy1 said:
Site is so slow though.

Not as painfully slow as Dotster or Godaddy - you can grow a beard waiting for those two to load.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anybody tried using it in Firefox?

One complaint I have so far is trying to locate their contact info. The average
newbie will surely have a hard time looking for it.

unholy1

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
davezan1 said:

Yup...I've been using firefox Only, for the past year or so and it seems ok.
Nice clean look but it was initially very slow to load, seems to have improved though.

davezan1 said:

Interestingly enough it's one of the first pages I look for in a website and it's quite easy actually, I always look in the About Us first.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ed30 said:
Not as painfully slow as Dotster or Godaddy - you can grow a beard waiting for those two to load.

I agree!!

(I've got the beard to prove it ;-) Godaddy used to be my principal registrar)

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
davezan1 said:

Yep, Firefox is all I use. Works fine in FF but havent viewed in IE.

4u-domains

DNF Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, nobody likes change... Took me 2 years to get used to the old version.. :goofy:

It is still quick and if you dont log in you can still do a quick domain availablity check so, along with it being just 4 characters in length, its still the quickest way for me to check domain names...

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
one of the new annoying lack of features is being able to place the domain you are searchiong for on top.
Once you do it now, in order to enter another one, you have to re enter it at the bottom. The old version had both options.

M

mole

Have been in and out over 5 times today, starting to get used to navigating the new layout like where the hell did my transfer orders go. I used to know the old layout on the back of my hand. But I must agree, the old layout looked like something from the 90s. The new layout looks a lot more modern, and the menus remind me of Directi's drop down menus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom