Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Wow...this pisses me off

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevesko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
italiandragon said:
and then what happened with that lawyer?

She was from Macromedia, I explained that the person never registered it and forwarded the reg form. She verified the SN and went away... She explained that they are talking the whole ebay thing seriously and they pay her to monitor every sale of their products... whether she does or not I dont know, but she was sure on top of that sale several years ago.

My point is thats what Google and Yahoo SHOULD be doing this. Clickfraud is a bigger problem for PPC domainers than it is for either Google or its advertisers.... For those of us that rely on PPC ads for 100% of the income of their sites, once advertisers figure out the extent of the fraud, they will stop their adsense campaigns. I just did.

I have a large ecommerce site, I was paying 12-18K per month of my campaign on Adsense content ads, I had very high fraud rates and very low conversion. I just stopped it and saw a small drop in sales, that money is going straight to my bottom link... as more advertisiers figure this out, that will be a major problem for those whos only way of monetizing their sites is PPC.

Steve

Domain Days 2024

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rarethings said:
Exactly. In concept, this practice makes sense. Perhaps they should create a system that randomly gives code checks or some form of checks, but doing this everytime is absurd for end-users.

Imagine someone clicks on an ad for books, and then is required to type in "I am interested in purchasing books." I think an advertiser would pay a lot more for that type of filtered traffic.

Also, for those of you that are against the eBay auction, what about those website owners that display blocks of text ads with no borders and unrelated pictures right up next to the ads? Someone clicks on a link thinking that it will lead to a funny video or game, but it is actually a PPC advertisement for something. That kind of traffic is not of high value to an advertiser either.

Depending on Internet browser, screen size, eyesight, and monitor resolution, sometimes it is not very easy to read what a text ad says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom