Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale $$$ Y you should invest in 3 letter .us $$$

• Thread starter Deleted member 4749
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To further build on Steve's statement above. The value of domains and the new tld's
is very similar to the cycle of raw land.

As the population expands and prospers, the need for more land is needed.

The .com can be visualized as the downtown property which will alway be in demand if it
is in a prime area.

The .org's can be the suburban area of the city. And, the value is continuing to rise.

And, the .info is the next ring of populated area.

Which, makes the .biz and .us the raw land further away from the city.

And, the secret of the underdeveloped tld's is to determine which direction the
population is moving.

Maybe, the .us land will take a little bit longer to be of major value. However, the land
still has value for agricultural use until it is needed.

The additional point to note is that crappy land will have very little potential for appreciation. And, crappy names are the same thing.

Therefore, my strategy is to buy prime or semi-prime locations within each tld cycles.

However, I don't know where to put .net within this example.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.net is the old landfill site that's just turned radioactive.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Richard - .nets are OK - Soft Seller's but OK domains - Beats a .ws domain all day long - Just my thoughts - Steve

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
URLCollection said:
put .nets in the vault - They are just fine with us and have been for years.

Steve, you are "preaching to the choir". I buy .net's all of the time.

Duke and I argue/discuss at least once a week over the potential value of .net.

However, I would appreciate it if you would not tell anyone else in the domain
business that .net's have value. I need to increase my collection! :-D

M

mole

actnow said:
However, I would appreciate it if you would not tell anyone else in the domain business that .net's have value. I need to increase my collection!

.NET's have a chronic 2nd class citizen status. Even .ORGs are loads better, at least they connote, I'm not as dirty as .COM.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK Richard - Duke and I have discussed that as well - "They really are a soft seller" but better than a .ws domain I guess - Edited above - Steve

M

mole

Buydomains have loads of .NET acquired through the drop system, but I doubt they will get many buyers for them. It's like an extension that has now become something between the devil and the deep blue sea. You develop a .net without a .com, and all you are doing is to set yourself up for massive leakage to the .com site. .NET is more a defensive reg than anything else now, imho - used for 404 errors or URL forwarding.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
actnow said:
The .com can be visualized as the downtown property which will alway be in demand if it is in a prime area.

The only difference is that there's still golden opportunities in .com at rock-bottom prices because so many people abandon their prime area locations without explanation (i.e. great names still drop).

The problem is that it's like a lottery and your chances are only improved if you can find the best abandoned locations well before anyone else so you can backorder (and pray). That is why many people -like myself- have proprietary software to assist in this effort.

I would not suggest that other TLDs are not highly lucrative, but IF you have an edge -like I do- then .com is still the most lucrative way to go ...for now. Although, having said that, I have been on the prowl for other prime locations in other extensions as well... never hurts to diversify ;)

Cheers,

Wesley

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting enough I was just offered 100 euros for a .us 3 char I picked up on a drop

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
strongvis said:
Interesting enough I was just offered 100 euros for a .us 3 char I picked up on a drop

mp3.us? : )

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
strongvis said:

See that guys, euros for a .us

D

Deleted member 4749

I guess this kinds of images are beyond inappropriate on professional forums.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Blink said:
Dude, your avatar is disturbing, why do we need to see it?...I guess this (sic) kinds of images are beyond inappropriate on professional forums.

Blink, I dont know you like I know some of the people here...
I'm real easy to get along with.

As far as my avatar goes -
In all actuality, what's inappropriate is someone making childish comments in a public forum like that. Send me a PM if you have something to ask. But dont expect a reply if it's not relative to the essence of my time here.

If the avatar disturbs you, you have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
Just click your User CP - edit options and untick the box next to "Show Avatars". You don't need to see it, Blink. I'm glad to hold your hand and teach you how not to.

Comments out of the blue about someone's avatar, man get a life.

I'll change my avatar when I feel like it.
Be it sooner or later.
:eek:k:

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
I like not having any Avatar at all but many domainers love them so I will not say anything negative about them.

P.S. Why does Blink not have a No Avatar Graphic like I have, which I wish I did not have at all as Blink does not have it?

If you notice his country spot is blank, it seems as if he has his avatar as the country flag.

I hate that no avatar thing, in any event I think I have a more than acceptable avatar.

P.S. This thread is turning from topic to topic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom