Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Yahoo announces change in parking rev programs-- "most click charges to drop"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaan

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Seems strange that just before these changes my TQ score has gone from a steady 10 all thru July to a 4 in August.

I am experiencing the EXACT same thing. I have changed nothing in over a month and whats interesting is that if you look at the TQ graph, it trends pretty accurately with the Revenue Graph. That tells me that TQ has changed recently, and TQ is also directly linked to payments.

chois

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are a 7 to 10, I don't think you will see much a difference in the new system. 4 to 6, you will see a small difference. 1 to 3, you should probably look for a new business.

Donny

Hello boys and girls,

Long time no see.

My TQ used to be 10, yet there were ups and downs, now it is 3. :?:
Last month, my TQ was 1.
Of course I didn't make any changes.

So, should I feel lucky because 3 is better than 1 or look for a new business. :lol:

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Donny, thanks for explaining the transition --

perhaps, this "Parked" subsection here at DNForum can be the "go to place" as opposed to that other place ;)

Last edited:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My TQ used to be 10, yet there were ups and downs, now it is 3. :?: Last month, my TQ was 1. Of course I didn't make any changes. So, should I feel lucky because 3 is better than 1 or look for a new business. :lol:

Ditto, I am still a 2 after being a 9-10 for a long time. My traffic is top quality and in good categories plus 90% U.S. based. There is no way it could not be good.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
August pretty much suuuuuuucked...again, just before these changes my TQ score has gone from a steady 10 all thru July to a 4 in August and is now a 3.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yahoo is supposed to come out with one more set of TQ scores, before they are all based on the new system. I think everybody should really see how they do this week and especially next week which is when the new scores come out on Thursday.

Donny

victornumber

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mine dropped also from a 10 for more than a month to a 2 recently.

chois

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My TQ is back to 10 from 3. :)

This means, I don't have to look for a new business, huh?

cheers,

Hello boys and girls,

Long time no see.

My TQ used to be 10, yet there were ups and downs, now it is 3. :?:
Last month, my TQ was 1.
Of course I didn't make any changes.

So, should I feel lucky because 3 is better than 1 or look for a new business. :lol:

Paralegal

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A "10" qualty score, which I believe has been the case every single week anything displayed since starting with Parked in April 2007, became a "2" yesterday. There's no reason for it except Yahoo screwing up.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Amazing a TQ goes from 10 to 3 overnight...Yahoo surely is'nt what they used to be..

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
strange things indeed are going on with the tq.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Amazing a TQ goes from 10 to 3 overnight...Yahoo surely is'nt what they used to be..

Mine was a 9 to 10 range for at least 30 days in a row, then plummeted literally overnight down to a 2 where it languished for a few weeks, then dramatically skyrocketed all the way to an 8 overnight but a week later plunged back to a 2 where it now is :rolleyes:

These wild gyrations can't be attributable to my traffic or domains since everything has been basically the same during the entire wild ride.

Yahoo TQ scoring seems bogus and BS to me. I am doing less and less business with Yahoo, especially YPN, where revenues are now so bad it's hard to believe.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Before Thursday the TQ system was based on a select number of keywords they kept calling it short tail keywords. As of Thursday all keywords are used to calculate your TQ score.

Donny

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Before Thursday the TQ system was based on a select number of keywords they kept calling it short tail keywords. As of Thursday all keywords are used to calculate your TQ score.

Donny

Thanks Donny for the reply thought I don't really understand what it means since I always thought the TQ was based on the advertisers reporting sales or conversions from the clicks and not the keywords themselves or their length?

Anyway, does that also effect WhyPark? I had a .01c click on a long-tail commodity daytrading name there, which was well optimized. I believe commodities trading keywords pay extremely well and probably ranks near the top as far as ppc values go so don't see how a one penny click is possible in that very good category? Was it due to the long-tail?

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I went from a 10 the past couple of months to no score at all. I don't get it. Strangest thing was I'm sure I saw a 10 score for 9/10/2009 but soon after it was gone and replaced with no score.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The TQ score has always been based on conversions at the advertiser level. Let me see if I can explain this a little better. Remember the old Yahoo directory or maybe DMOZ, it was a big category system that attempted to categorize all websites in the catgegory. If you really wanted your site to get a lot of traffic you did whatever it took to get in Yahoo's directory. But not all sites were in the directory, let's say just the top one million. That still meant that 75 million weren't in the directory.

So now back to the TQ system itself. Yahoo has this big category system and let's say the top 50,000 keywords are in the system and those are the only ones that could have a TQ score. And Yahoo only gave TQ scores if the keyword was in their system.

The new system allows all keywords to be able to have a TQ score. Understand, I don't have any manual on how the old or new system works. I've just pieced different things I've learned from different people together over the years.

This does affect WhyPark as well as all Yahoo partners. You will need to talk to the WhyPark staff about something particular with there system. I agree that commodites trading does normally pay very well. The issue could be where the traffic was coming from.

Donny

I went from a 10 the past couple of months to no score at all. I don't get it. Strangest thing was I'm sure I saw a 10 score for 9/10/2009 but soon after it was gone and replaced with no score.

There isn't anything wrong with no score. That just means that you don't have enough traffic to have a score.

Donny

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There isn't anything wrong with no score. That just means that you don't have enough traffic to have a score.

Donny
I thought all that was needed to get a score was having over 100 clicks per day? Would earnings the be the same with no score or a 10 score? I had no score for a long while and then started getting 10's every week. When i was getting these 10's I noticed my earnings really did increase. Now I have no score (despite my clicks remaining above 100/day every day) and earnings are back down again .

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom