Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Yahoo announces change in parking rev programs-- "most click charges to drop"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You did have a score for the 10th, but we did remove it once we got the new scores in yesterday. Yahoo is supposed to give us updated scores every Thursday, but this week they didn't give us scores until Friday. So we removed the identical scores from the previous week and put the new scores up yesterday afternoon.

I always said all you needed was about 100 clicks per week to get a TQ score. That somewhat should be modified to say that you need 100 clicks per day per market to get a TQ score.

Donny

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Appreciate your time and replies Donny but I am really confused about all this. In the past whenever I asked about my TQ score or questioned why it was not better I was always told because my traffic must not be converting for the advertisers. In fact, I was told that recently which I always wondered about being valid because it seemed impossible to judge that, especially for ads or advertiser web-pages which did not involve a direct call to action.

Now it turnes out the TQ is really based on the keywords, and they being longtail and shorttail and the keywords also being in the Yahoo list? That begs the question as to the apparent misinformation in the past about conversions for advertisers being the key?

That also calls to question the validity of the Yahoo keywords list since you indicated before that short-tails somehow come in to play and the fact long-tails in my experience are usually much more targeted and valuable in that respect than short-tails but longtails look like they are nor valued by Y (assuming I am understanding all this correctly).

Last edited:

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TQ is all about conversions and completely based on conversions. In the past if somebody clicked out on "car parts" then it may need to convert at 1 in 200 to be a 10. But if somebody clicked out on "honda accord car parts" they may not have had enough conversion data so basically that click didn't have a TQ. Now they have all of the data that is needed.

Does this make sense?

Donny
Posted via Mobile Device

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All I know is that I am making a mere fraction of what we used to make, that's the bottom line and it's not getting any better, I have went from being a 10, 9 for like over a year straight in the past then down to low 2 or 3 TQ score this year..then back up for months to 10 lately (while rev was lower than ever), now back to 3.. Parked itself seems BETTER than ever company wise, system wise, and ctr% wise and God knows I love them 110% over any other company out there yet the earnings are down down down. I am trying to hang in there but I feel like Yahoo is constantly coming up with new "systems" and "programs" to payout less to us the originators of the traffic they make their money from. Donny, are we going to ever see the old parked/yahoo payouts?

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ohh - wait let me answers this one : NO !

and 1 cent payment per click is an very old issue - i can show you dozens and dozenz of product clicks at whypark that pay good with yahoo and there are still one cent.

( also check your whypark pages - you will find that they take a whole minute to load - every single website it tried in the past 2 days )

that yahoo TQ and payouts is just as i said before : yest another way to screw us over - if you should have a ten - but your payouts where going down in the past 5 days - wait : yahoo has an answer for that too : lets just lower the TQ - that will shut them up !

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have always been extremely happy with parked/yahoo results until around May this year, since then rev has taken a HUGE dive to say the least. Obviously the financial situations surrounding some advertisers has it's affect on our revenues & their click values but now it's seeming like it's across the board drops, the TQ score still confuses me because it's turning ppc into more of a cpa type program which is not what ppc is suppose to be. A valid click from a real person is a valid click, that's what PPC is. "Pay Per Click" ...not "Pay Per Click, Per Quality, Per Action, Per Average"
We are making less money, and so is Parked I'm assuming...I'm guessing Yahoo is making (keeping) more. Who knows, maybe Donny will break out that magic wand of his and bring back the sunshine. :pray2:

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I ran some tests yesterday and I can verify that Yahoo is not keeping anymore money than they are supposed to.

I don't have all of the answers, so I'm telling you everything that I know.

Donny

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are they treating our parking clicks as content clicks and not search network clicks?

Silly question? :confused:

Last edited:

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yahoo doesn't officially have a content network worth talking about. Yahoo basically has two feeds worth anything, they are the search feed and domain match feed. For parking we use the domain match feed. We have access to both feeds, they return the exact results 99.999% of the time.

Donny

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Party's over folks...the cops always seem to show just as it's getting good.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I have the Yahoo TQ formula.

1. Get the total number of your domains
2. Subtract the ones that are not .com
3. Multiply by the number of total clicks
4. Divide by the number of total visits
5. Multiply by your parking quotient (see below)*
6. Round up to the nearest integer.

*Parking quotient (PQ): To find it, lick middle finger and expose it outside of window at 6:00am. If it dries in 20 seconds, your PQ is 2 - if it dries in 30 seconds it's 1 :D

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Donny, much appreciation for your continuing feedback here -- this is the place for real-time Parked.com news and information -- and not that other place

Donny, earlier this summer, you mentioned -- advertisers reach out to you to discuss a direct advertiser program -- the bypass Yahoo route --

what are your currents thoughts regarding the likelihood of this offering being made available at Parked.com in the next 3 to 6 months?

And from your "big picture" vantage point, are there any hidden weaknesses to this model?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't resist coming back to this thread because I still would love to know why we were always given apparent misinformation in the past (myself personally too) that a low TQ means the advertisers were reporting poor conversions from my domains but now literally from out of the blue it's said to be based on the keywords themselves, with differences between long and short tails and also if the keywords were in the big Yahoo list or not, and values assigned by Y to the keywords :?:

P.S. I always though the conversions being reported was bogus and now that looks correct.

Last edited:

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Trader - You aren't even listening. Nothing has changed since day one except that now it includes all keywords. Before it was just some keywords.

Donny

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Trader - You aren't even listening. Nothing has changed since day one except that now it includes all keywords. Before it was just some keywords.

Donny

I have been listening. Every time I wrote your supt dept and in variouis threads at the forums I was always told the same stuff that advertisers were reporting poor conversions from my traffic. No one ever told me TQ was based solely on the keywords, it was always the nonsense about the advertisers saying my traffic did not convert into sales (which I knew was likely BS).

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How many times do I have to say this. TQ is is ALL ABOUT CONVERSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have a low TQ score that means your traffic is not converting for the advertisers. The TQ baseline is based on the keyword. So if somebody clicks on an adult term, and the adult category baseline converts at 1:200 to be a 10, then you all of your adult clicks need to convert for the advertisers at 1:200 to be a 10. The old system may have only looked at 30% of the adult keywords, the new system looks at all keywords.

Nothing has changed in the past 2 years with the system except now there are more keywords.

Donny

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will repeat this again. In the past, whenever I asked about large unexpected drops in my TQ I was specifically told in supt tickets and from reading various forum posts it was because the adverstisers were reporting my traffic did not convert well for them (for whatever reason). The keywords themselves were not mentioned as the primary cause. It was always the same stuff that the advertisers are telling you it is my traffic being the problem. Also note I do not have adult traffic plus 80-90% of my traffic is U.S. based.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As I have said a few times now, there is no manual that explains how TQ works or how it is calculated. I think I have tried to explain how the system works as best as I can and to the best of my knowledge of how it works.

The advertisers tell Yahoo what converts and Yahoo comes up with some score and then passes it to us.

Donny

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I must be nuts but were you not recently in this thread blaming it on the keywords themselves rather than what advertisers were reporting re conversions?

Curious if anyone else here were ever informed that your traffic did not convert well for yahoo/parked advertisers over the past year or so (like I have been told in the past)?

I am not referring to the keywords being the issue as recently reported but in the past when it was blamed on advertisers telling Yahoo about bad quality traffic from your domains which did not convert for them into sales.

Surprised about the lack of others posting about this as to what they were told in the past well before the latest explanation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom