Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Year's First 7-Figure Sale Tops New Weekly Domain Sales Report at DNJournal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com. Since we were away covering the DOMAINfest Global Conference in Hollywood, California last week, the new report actually includes two week’s worth of sales data to bring you completely up to date.

The good news is that we saw the year’s first reported 7-figure domain sale. The bad news is that high ticket sales continue to be rare as the general economy continues to struggle through a severe recession. Still, end users who know the web is the best place to ride out the storm and build for the future, kept the aftermarket hopping with four and low five-figure sales.

While .com enjoyed its usual dominance of our all extension leader board, country codes continue to show strength, taking two of the top four positions (and four overall). The other non .com entries on our expanded leader board were owned by a trio of .nets. You can get all of the details here: http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

cleverlyslick

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol nohotel.com $30k. I bet in this forum everybody would consider this worthless right? I mentioned before what's worthless for somebody can hold value for the next person.this is a good example of it.I will never post my domains in appraisals.

Acquisition

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a message to Ron:

You should get your facts straight before posting numbers for domain sales. This week, there is yet another GLARING error. InternetMarketing.com DID NOT sell for $6700.. It gets 25000 uniques per month and it is owned by MarketingTips.com, a company worth Millions of dollars.

You are making mistakes like this every week.. Recording.com and interiors.com were mistakes made just over the past few weeks. I can go on and on, but there are too many mistakes to mention. Quite frankly, it is getting rather ridiculous.

Double check before you post sales that never happened. It's bad for the business when throngs of people see top notch premium domains sell for so incredibly cheap.. thanks

Copy and paste from this weeks DNJournal Sales list:

Babs.com buttoned up $7,200, Lute.com landed $6,900 and InternetMarketing.com managed $6,700.

And a screenshot-

http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=02042009150800am0.png

There is just no excuse for so many mistakes.. Week in and week out you see super premium names selling for pennies on the dollar on DnJournal (or so you think) , sales that NEVER EVER happened, and WILL NEVER EVER happen in a million years.. It is incredibly bad for the business and the industry.

Last edited:

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
InternetMarketing.com DID NOT sell for $6700

Thank you for pointing out this typo. The domain that sold was InternetMarketing.org, not InternetMarketing.com. I apologize for the confusion. That is probably the most common error made - when a domain is in another extension, even though your eyes see it, you brain usually thinks .com (one reason that remains such a dominant extension).

Unfortunately I am not the perfect human being, have made many such mistakes in the past and undoubtedly will make similar mistakes in the future. With thousands of domain sales reported to us every week there will be occasional mistakes (the vast majority being typos like this). Readers who share my desire to publish the most accurate report possible for a free one-man publication to produce usually bring these to my attention quickly so they can be corrected.

I appreciate that help from the community especially since the sales report already takes an inordinate amount of time compared to other equally important editorial tasks each week. In order to continue doing the sales report along with all of the other content I produce at DN Journal I will have to continue to rely on our readers to alert us when errors are spotted. A simple email to editor at dnjournal.com is all it takes to get an error corrected as quickly as possible. For those who think a public flogging is the classier way to handle something like this, that will work too - however days could go by before I see a forum post alerting me to an error.

Last edited:

Acquisition

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I understand you're not perfect, nobody is.. However, I have contacted owners of domains reported as sold on your site, seeing if I can offer a small percentage more.... And I can't tell you how many told me the name was "never sold", or "we would never sell for that low" , and/or "where did you hear that" ? etc etc. And it is proven by the whois data not changing.

Now, if I am not mistaken, don't you get disclosure from BOTH the buyer and seller before posting the sale on your site ? So if you get "disclosure" from both sides, how in the world can you post sales when "apparent" sellers/buyers tell me they never even heard of you ??

I have only contacted a small handful of people who apparently bought domains (that were posted on your site). That would definitely be in the single digit percentage wise (but it's still a lot of domains). And I would have to say that about 20% of the apparent "new domain owners" that I contacted over the past 18 months had absolutely no idea the name they had was sold ;0 . Because they would be the sellers, wouldn't they ? Not the buyers because the name was never bought or sold.

And sorry to say, but that is a BIG number.

With that said, I have gotten a couple of deals by offering a small percentage (from the true sales on your site), that I have to say were absolute steals. ;)

Personally, I think you should only post a sale once you have the real data, AND only when you see the whois data change. We all have domaintools to check that out. Because if the whois data doesn't change, how can you post it as sold ? It just doesn't make any sense,

Last edited:

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand you're not perfect, nobody is.. However, I have contacted owners of domains reported as sold on your site, seeing if I can offer a small percentage more.... And I can't tell you how many told me the name was "never sold", or "we would never sell for that low" , and/or "where did you hear that" ? etc etc. And it is proven by the whois data not changing.

Personally, I think you should only post a sale once you have the real data, AND only when you see the whois data change. We all have domaintools to check that out. Because if the whois data doesn't change, how can you post it as sold ? It just doesn't make any sense,

I think you are a lot of crap.

Ron Jackson puts the facts out there.
Maybe, he occasionally makes a mistake.
Now, you try to discredit his entire report.

I can't tell you how many told me ....

I bet you can't.

Once, you begin paying for this data every week then you can start
taking Ron "over the coals"

At this point, you get it free.

If you don't trust the data. Stop trying to profit by flipping the domains with his data.

I bet Ron puts in 10 to 20 hours EVERY week so YOU can have the most current sales data.
And, in your case, so YOU can profit from it.

Ron, thanks for the data.
If it wasn't for the report, myself and others might sell
our domains too cheap.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acquisition, you have made yourself out to be a complete ass based purely on how you have treated Ron, I do not even care about errors at this point, your exchange is disgusting.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ron!
Roulette.it $30,000 nice sale for an .it domain.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acquisition, you have made yourself out to be a complete ass based purely on how you have treated Ron, I do not even care about errors at this point, your exchange is disgusting.

Anyone that has been in the industry for many years will remember that
there was "no factual" data until DNJ.

Ron has been an active member of this forum longer than most anyone reading this thread.

And, for someone that is totally unknown,
who hides behind a blind whois,
who doesn't have one transaction under his belt on this forum,
has the nerve to tell Ron that he must double and triple check all the data.

Now, I'm putting my soapbox away for another day.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ron Jackson credibility = 100

Acquisition credibilty = 0

'nuff said....

Hope I spelled everything right...wouldn't want to make any misteaks...

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if I am not mistaken, don't you get disclosure from BOTH the buyer and seller before posting the sale on your site?

You are mistaken - but hey, it had to happen soon or later. :)

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for pointing out this typo. The domain that sold was InternetMarketing.org, not InternetMarketing.com. I apologize for the confusion. That is probably the most common error made - when a domain is in another extension, even though your eyes see it, you brain usually thinks .com (one reason that remains such a dominant extension).

Unfortunately I am not the perfect human being, have made many such mistakes in the past and undoubtedly will make similar mistakes in the future. With thousands of domain sales reported to us every week there will be occasional mistakes (the vast majority being typos like this). Readers who share my desire to publish the most accurate report possible for a free one-man publication to produce usually bring these to my attention quickly so they can be corrected.

I appreciate that help from the community especially since the sales report already takes an inordinate amount of time compared to other equally important editorial tasks each week. In order to continue doing the sales report along with all of the other content I produce at DN Journal I will have to continue to rely on our readers to alert us when errors are spotted. A simple email to editor at dnjournal.com is all it takes to get an error corrected as quickly as possible. For those who think a public flogging is the classier way to handle something like this, that will work too - however days could go by before I see a forum post alerting me to an error.
Classy.
Thanks for the report Ron, as usual.

GeoOwners

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Keep up the great work Ron...I hope this thread doesn't motivate you to start charging lol

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have only contacted a small handful of people who apparently bought domains (that were posted on your site). That would definitely be in the single digit percentage wise (but it's still a lot of domains). And I would have to say that about 20% of the apparent "new domain owners" that I contacted over the past 18 months had absolutely no idea the name they had was sold ;0 . Because they would be the sellers, wouldn't they ? Not the buyers because the name was never bought or sold.

Acquisition, that's an overreaction, have you got nothing better to do? So you contacted a small handful in single digit percentage, say 5 then. Out of that small handful 20% where wrong. So that's ONE ?! So what, get a life.

Ron, keep up the great work.

D

Deleted member 78222

Hey, a co.za in there super.co.za at $3500
Hope this is the start of something

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom