Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

100 dnbucks for the person who gives the best answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I posted this thread one time, And I got answers, however I still dont understand.

I have some domain names that I would turn into affiliates.. However, How do I upload there banner..

I purchased the names through enom.com and they dont allow copy and pasting of HTML..

I Am Looking for something that I can copy or type html into a box and click a button and the home page is made.. The way I want it.. WIth html

Did I confuse anyone.

I would appreciate all the help in the world..

Thanks,, Who ever gives me the best advice, I will give them 100 dn bucks.. Meaning who's ever site I use, I will give that person 100dnbucks....

Help

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would like to start off with a free place until I learn it.. or a cheap program..

Thanks

D

DomainNameFactory

I wish I could help you but your post is confusing.

**Trying to help**

If you don't know HTML than I would suggest a program that does it for you. However, launching web sites can get expensive quick if you don't know HTML...developing websites and knowing HTML almost go hand in hand.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm a little confused with your question too. Are you looking for a basic template, then have the ability to just change a few areas for various affiliate links?.

I really recommend you learning the basics of html. It makes life much easier. If I can learn html, you can too!.

RMF

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Get a $10 hosting account somewhere that supports unlimited domains.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just forward the name to the affiliate that best fits with your affiliate code.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
^^^ that's what I do. Works great with eNom and it's free.

L

lhague

...Im a little confused too, are you talking about creating a FORM FIELD like you see once you have joined an affiliate, where you make a selection of which banner you want, when you select the banner or text link you want to put on your webpage, they give you a form field with the html in it ?........ are you wanting to create your own form? is the bottom line...

If you have just joined the affiliate program and you want to add the banner to your own website then its pretty self explanatory, providing you understand html like the others have stated.....

If it is the form concept you want why dont you try going to one of your affiliate program pages where the banner or text link html copy and paste stuff is, then view the source code and and look for the begin form end form syntax, <form>method= action= etc etc </form> copy and paste it into notepad, study it and see if it teaches you anything..... again you obviously need to know html........and some forms are built using JavaScript or other technologies. I learn a lot how things work by studying other websites source code.......

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think what sjp is saying is that he has signed up with an affiliate and got the html banner code. He has also signed up with a host and has a hosting account.
He wants to know where you paste the banner code - where is that blank page that you graft the code to before you launch the page to the web.

I can't answer because I've never built a site.

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ed is exactly right... Thanks Ed30...

I am looking for that page that I paste the HTML on to..

I have signed up with affilitates, I copy and paste there code, However I dont know where to put it or how to upload it..
I use to use a service several years ago called freeyellow.com

They had a html box that was the size of the box I am typing into now..

All I had to do was either copy and paste HTML in the box or create my own.. They I just hit submit and presto the banners and page was loaded on the web for everyone to see.

I know This is confusing, But who ever gives me the best answer will get those DNbucks.... I will try to answer any questions as best as I can.

thank you again

L

lhague

ok...........lets start from scratch step by step! (and this is not for the dnbucks believe me!.... if I got them I promise I will donate them to someone else) Im just in it for the pure challenge and understanding of what you need! :)

Scenario 1

1. SJP has a domain name ***.com he registered
2. the ISP he registered with is also the host
3. So as far as SJP is concerned he owns ***.com but has no
website developed?
4. In the meantime since registration, SJP joins an affiliate
program associated with that domain name

5. That affiliate program has all the html he needs for whichever
banner he wants to place on his ****.com

6. If the affiliate program only offers banner or text html to copy
and paste SJP needs to develop his domain name ****.com
into a website using html in notepad or an editor such as
dreamweaver.......once his default or index.htm/l (default or
index being the homepage naming convention, depending on
the host I find it is mainly index.htm with internet ISPs) is
developed he can copy and paste the banner html into the
body <body> of his web page </body>

Second Scenario

1. If the affiliate program offers a webpage for SJP to use, all sjp
needs to do is get his host to redirect his affiliate ID url to his
****.com where he will not need the banner syntax .....

2. For redirection, the ISP will have a list of services and the
redirection service will be listed there and redirection can
either be Free, the drawback being they place their logo or
banner in your redirection, or there is a charge if you want
a cloaked redirection

SJP, if you can give us an outline of your steps taken so far in bullet point as above, it may help us understand where you are at
this point in time and how to focus on your next steps

Affiliate programs can only do so much........give you code to copy and paste into your existing website (do you have this?)

Or does your affiliate program offer you a website to go with your affiliate url id where you can use your ****.com to redirect to your
affiliate url ID.

Many affiliate programs offer both choices to suit your requirements....

Summary

Do you have an existing web page you have developed where you want to place the html code for the banner?

Do you have an affiliate website that you want to redirect to using your own ****.com?

:)

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just put the banner on one of your sites. Like edomainbuyers. Just paste it in.

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
edomainbuyers is build with enom's cheap site builder... they dont allow you to add or delete anything.. It does not accept HTML..

I have tried to paste it in there and it dont work...Any other ideas..

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are asking? Where to put banner code?

Answer. Put it on your site. The HTML code will translate to a banner on whatever page you choose.

If you are using free hosting by enom and its not working, just buy cheap hosting.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here you go sjp..this will get you set-up..

http://www.e-press.com/easy_web_page_creator.html

looks like 29$..or simply go into Best Buy, or any computer store and you can find similiar software for $10

Nothing spectacular but they will walk you through the steps of creating a web site and publishing it so everyone else can actually see it..

If you need free hosting so you can practise..I recommend netfirms.com

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sjp
edomainbuyers is build with enom's cheap site builder... they dont allow you to add or delete anything.. It does not accept HTML..

I have tried to paste it in there and it dont work...Any other ideas..

I am not an expert on this, but is this problem arising because SJP is using enom's free webpage template option which does not allow HTML? If so, then this is an issue of trying to fit an image link on enom's free webpage template, not an issue of putting a link into a generic HTML page. SJP, am I on the right track here?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SJP -
Download a free template -
Edit it (with help from a book or webmonkey) -
Host it.

Pat yourself on the back, and your done. If you need help PM me.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
check you PM for more detailed tips.

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am looking at the links.. thank you ..

doberry.. Where do I get a nice free template.. And when I do get it done, How do I publish it...

I like the site bidawinner gave me and I am going to try that program...

You know how enom has the box to type your words into... You can not place HTML in there..

I like enom, Because it is easy,,, However I wanted to find something that was like enom, but allowed to type in html..

I think I am making this harder than it is.. But I really want to learn this..

Did I confuse you??

lhague

Thank you for the long post.. I am going to have those answers for you tomorrow..

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom