Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

100 dnbucks for the person who gives the best answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The file you can't edit is flash. That's a whole other ballgame, you shouldn't even mess with right now... keep experimenting with html, looking at source code, manipulating templates, etc....

L

lhague

..The template you got from JimWorld was created using DreamWeaver where you can insert Flash banners...... once
you understand the html more you can replace the flash banner object with straight forward gif or jpg...... if you want to experiment I suggest you do a copy of that page call it index2.htm or something and only mess around with that. Always have a backup of your site....

I looked at your source code and noticed couple of other important things you need to change <title> ******** </title)
between these tags you should put the title of your page at the moment is has JimWorld free template title. The title is important because if a visitor goes to your site and wants to bookmark it, whatever is in the title syntax is what they would bookmark. Also the Desrcription Meta tag needs to have a description of your website, again it currently has Jim World template stuff....... you need to also change the Keywords meta tag as again, it contains key words about the free template you need to have your own relating to what your site does....

:)

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for letting me know about that.. I will change those today.

I think maybe the flash stuff will have to wait untill I learn HTML more..

Question,

Every template that I go to, only contains the INDEX.html page..
How to I create other pages and links..?

You have been a big help and I thank you for the advice.

Thanks

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think I pretty much figured out everthing.. Still a few things I am lost about.

For example. I downloaded a template. I have it in a zip file.
When I open the zip file, There are graphics and 1 index.html

I would like to make other pages, ie: contact, about us, etc...

I know how to do the link in the HTMl, However I dont know how to build another page.. Can I build another page and or create another page from zip.. Or do I have to extract it and build another page in my documents or something..?

Thanks

lux

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sjp,

Just make a copy of the index.html page and rename it to your needs (eg. contact.html).

- Cynthia

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Then, Do I have to upload all files,,ie: index.html. contact.html, aboutus.html...?

Or Do I just upload the index.html.

Thank you for the help

lux

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad to help! You need to upload all the files.

- Cynthia

L

lhague

...Whatever you develop locally you need to upload....... so if ever an image doesnt appear or hyperlink doesnt work, first thing to check is that you have uploaded that image or file.

Sometimes templates come with a subsequent page template also if you dont have this, do as Cynthia says, remembering to SAVE AS or you will overwrite your initial index (easy mistake to do!!) I also do a SAVE AS then create my own blank template.htm and continue to use that for other pages....

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
O.K now I give... ALMOST>

I Got the site and graphics uploaded now. But Another problem.

This site is Flash and i am not ready for flash yet. LOL

So I got me another site and It is ready to be uploaded.. SO I went to my ftpx or that program you recomended to me. And I conected to my host..

I hit the www. Link and then It opened to all my files. I deleted all of them by right clicking and pushing delete.

Then I went to the upload, Dialogue box came up and I selected my new folders and hit open. It went through the upload process and said complete.

The files were now in my ftp box.... I closed that out, and went to the internet, And it is still the same old site and The new one did not upload..

I REPEATED the steos 1 dozen times and that Flash site will NOT go away.

Please give me advice..... I'm learning but I guess I am messing up somewhere.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom