Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

123-reg.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, so here it is...

Bought a dropped .co.uk yesterday AM via 123reg.co.uk - got an email receipt and payment ref at 10.55am.
17.30 - checked with nominet (controls .co.uk) 'name available' - wierd!
Try calling (so called) customer support at 123reg, via their £0.50/min, premium rate phone number - "sorry, we are closed" bla bla, so sent email.

Today, Friday 11Aug06, check nominets whois, and WOW, it's been registered to a Peter Smith, address withheld. FYI, in the UK, Peter Smith is the equivilent of John Doe, right...call nominet - seems it was reg'd at 18.10hrs yesterday by Mr Peter Smith.

So, I email 123reg...twice...no answer. It only cost me £6.09 - for 2 years reg, but to me the name is worth thousands - so that's what I want. They took my dough, sent me confirmation, and then expect me to roll over - wrong guy!

Don't deal with 123reg - I've got 500 names with various registrars, had some issues but always got 'em sorted. This is the first time I've dealt with them and they're trying to fu*k me.

So, are they crooks, incompitent, stupid, or all three? Either way, I want the name they sold me, or compensation of four figures GBP.

For everyone out there, if you are thinking about using them 'cos they're cheap, (like I did), remember this thread.

Jas

Oh yeah, the name - it's golfmatch.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom