Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Afternic Escrow, safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The seller prefers afternic escrow over escrow.com

Is it safe? I mean they normally charge 3% but in this transaction it says:

For VIPs only... Thank you for using Afternic to acquire a rare quality domain name. We will strive to provide special attention and waive our normal wire transfer fees for this transaction. If you need anything, just let us know.

Your input is appreciated, thanks.

-Steven

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I used them once, as the seller. Transaction was smooth. They are the oldest domain marketplace.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did some transactions with them in the apst. At that time they were doing same as escrow.com - they escrow only money, not the domain. The domain was considered transfered when seller confirmed in their escrow panel and then buyer.

The infamous skyp.com scammer - Benjamin Decraene - once tried to scam me there - he even changed whois on that domain I was buying to my data ! But they believed my word and never paid the seller. So - if they did not change that (taking domains into their escrow too) they are safe for buyer (as buyer have the alst say if he got the domain) but not so safe for seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom