Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

am I entitled to a refund?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Scenario:

I make an offer on a domain based on its' monthly revenue as given by the seller (4 months of stats).

Seller accepts my offer.

I pay, domain is transferred.

One month goes by: domain has zero traffic and zero revenue.

I ask for a refund.

Seller declines, and says "I'm sorry but the stats were provided and you made your decision. I provided you with everything needed to make that decision."

Am I entitled to a refund?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
entitlement goes with the details of the agreement.

i routinely ask for, "time interval guarantee's" for stability of traffic and revenue, as an entitlement to seek refunds, exchanges or additional forms of compensation, if the domain is not productive.

as screenshots can be manipulated as well as the "volume" in the statistics.

knowing where the traffic originates, is the best indicator to determine it's longevity.

i have bought a domain from a member here, who had screen shots for his domain, that was showing 10k visitors a month and over $100.00 a month revenue.

this was a few months past, and i'm still trying to get this member to live up to our agreement!

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so b/c I had trust in this member, and there were no details discussed, I'm out of $$?

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe by telling this member to come to a agreement on a refund or the whole deal gets exposed on the forum.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Searchsix.com said:
Maybe by telling this member to come to a agreement on a refund or the whole deal gets exposed on the forum.
I really don't want to do that. I was hoping by making this thread and get a few responses he would see what's right.

He "feels" for me, but he won't refund me?? :
The Seller said:
I mean i feel for you, i've had this happen to me a few times, but thats why i stopped paying 2 years revenue, its not economical.. 2 years revenue should require 5 years income proof.

mikesherov

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dvestors, are you catching all the 404 traffic? (if applicable)

If not, you need to expose this user so no one else buys from him ever again.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mikesherov said:
dvestors, are you catching all the 404 traffic? (if applicable)

If not, you need to expose this user so no one else buys from him ever again.

no, 404 doesn't apply. It was supposedly type-in traffic..

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Only thing "The Seller" feels is his wallet , if it turns out these were false stats then blow the whistle.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really don't know if the stats are false...I'm mean it appears that way since after I acquired it traffic and revenue went to $0.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would utilize the user rating feature, explaining how the traffic disappeared shortly after purchasing the name. You never know if anyone else has experienced similar issues...

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
brn2h8 said:
I would utilize the user rating feature, explaining how the traffic disappeared shortly after purchasing the name. You never know if anyone else has experienced similar issues...
I think that would be a last resort..I'm not trying to get messy with this..I just want to be refunded.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no magic equation to this. If everything is set up with on your end i.e. (proper DNS or forwarding) and the person was claiming this much traffic and now you have nil. It was deceit plain and simple. I wouldn't care how much this person "felt" for me I would expose them.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gariben said:
I would request a refund
I requested it several times already, and he has said "im not refunding for this domain." He told me I should develop the name and then I can get my money back.. :rolleyes:

I'll betcha the user is "fairly" new to DNF
well..he's been here longer than myself..Dec '04..platinum member..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom