Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Another Scandal rocks the domain world as Rick Schwartz outs Chef Patrick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no question that CP did wrong.
Now, if I want to register bobparsonssucks, where should I go first ? Register it at Godaddy or another registrar like Moniker ?
Not sure there was a bait but it's kinda dumb isn't it ?

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the biggest problem is not RS, CP, and Moniker breach of trust. The problem is that registrars misrepresent the product when they sell it, by calling this product "privacy protection". Most of the domainers believe that they are buying some kind of privacy for $1, but in reality they are buying a "whois hide" which can be easily exposed. I as I mentioned in my last post, CP could threaten with the legal action to the company, and only on this one statement, verbal or written, the company had to share with him the informational about the registrant. Moniker legal page clearly states the following:

1. The Privacy Service consists of the display of alternate contact information in the public Whois database for the applicable domain name registration as well as certain types of communication forwarding by us to you. You maintain full and complete control and responsibility for your domain name

2. You acknowledge and agree that Moniker Privacy Services LLC has the absolute right as it deems necessary in its sole discretion, without providing notice and without any liability to Moniker or Moniker Privacy Services LLC whatsoever, to reveal to third parties...

...any third party threatens legal action against Moniker Privacy Services LLC.

Sharing information by Moniker about "privacy protect domain" the is absolutely legal, and it doesn't matter if we all like it or not. Some of us might argue that CP is not a third party, but even that can be addressed and taken care of with some "creative solutions" to prove in court that Moniker could share this info even to him. Stop believing in privacy protection.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On a side note, CHEFPATRICKSUCKS.COM now redirects to CHEFPATRICK.COM.

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RS posting about this issue, and it makes the case being very dramatic right away.

There is no full information about this case. We are discussing this issue in terms of the pathway that was shown to us by RS - we are talking about CP, Moniker, RS etc. We shouldn't be bound to only the views presented to us by RS, we should see the bigger picture. For us to see a bigger picture we should know who registered this domain name, and how this person associated with RS. If, and this is if, the person is a close associate of RS this is going to be a completely different story, not the one we all discuss right now.

Last edited:

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RS posting about this issue, and it makes the case being very dramatic right away.

There is no full information about this case. We are discussing this issue in terms of the pathway that was shown to us by RS - we are talking about CP, Moniker, RS etc. We shouldn't be bound to only the views presented to us by RS, we should see the bigger picture. For us to see a bigger picture we should know who registered this domain name, and how this person associated with RS. If, and this is if, the person is a close associate of RS this is going to be a completely different story, not the one we all discuss right now.

Bingo!.....person who registered is very closely associated with RS.....this whois privacy breach broohaha is the big smokescreen as far as RS is concerned.....finally somebody sees the BIG picture....:)

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bingo!.....person who registered is very closely associated with RS.....this whois privacy breach broohaha is the big smokescreen as far as RS is concerned.....finally somebody sees the BIG picture....:)

I said if :). We can't be sure of anything, but if I am asked to choose sides i want to know all the info at least. In any case don't forget that RS, like him or not, is one of the people who shapes the industry, and he can do actually what he wants, because he has power to turn this industry anywhere he wants. Rick has power to kill competition, to promote anybody he wants etc. All this power that he has is not just from somewhere to appear, you can check the archive.org, and see how he was ahead of everyone else long time ago.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I said if :). We can't be sure of anything, but if I am asked to choose sides i want to know all the info at least. In any case don't forget that RS, like him or not, is one of the people who shapes the industry, and he can do actually what he wants, because he has power to turn this industry anywhere he wants. Rick has power to kill competition, to promote anybody he wants etc. All this power that he has is not just from somewhere to appear, you can check the archive.org, and see how he was ahead of everyone else long time ago.

Yeah....all hail to the mighty Domain King....blah blah blah......but it ain't no "if".....you can take it to the bank...:)

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah....all hail to the mighty Domain King....blah blah blah......but it ain't no "if".....you can take it to the bank.

Rick is not the issue here, you are blindy missing the point.

-=DCG=-

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tonyfloyd, you see this is where your credability hits rock bottom. Even as Providor brings reasoning to the argument 'you' just bring your weird opinionated thoughts. Why would anyone even take you seriously? Of all the ways that you could have responded, but hopefully mainly with reason, you post the following:

Yeah....all hail to the mighty Domain King....blah blah blah......but it ain't no "if".....you can take it to the bank...:)

As I have stated previously I know none of the parties involved here, but I am damn certain that I will not condemn someone for actually having done nothing wrong as you are trying to condemn RS.

Providor, I disagree about any importance being attached to the closeness of the registrant to RS. Indeed it would have made no difference if it had been RS himself (which we are assured it is not). It is the fact that CP breached the protocol of Moniker/Oversee (at least we hope there was a protocol in place). It is then further confounded by Moniker/Oversee telling RS that CP would be fired for what he did, but this did not happen for 3 months and only after RS published CP as the perpertrator. But we do know that the registrant was a 'close friend' of CP according to CP himself, so under the same 'theory' about closeness being used to establish a direct connection then under the same evidence it could be suggested that CP could just have likely, if not more likely, have been involved in 'setting this up' as much as RS!

This then begs the following questions:

- Why did it take so long for CP to leave Moniker?
- Apparently the termination was mutual and amicable, does this sound like someone being fired?
- How many other breaches have there been?
- At what staff level at Moniker does someone have to be to obtain this information?
- What has Moniker/Oversee done to make sure this does not happen in the future?
- What has happened to those that tried to cover this up?
- Indeed WHO were the employees of Moniker/Oversee who tried to cover this up?

And perhaps the biggest question of all:

- Why should anyone trust anything Moniker/Oversee ever says again?

I do not use and have never used a privacy service at any registrar, I do not see the point personally, but for those that choose such a service they pay for it, and I am sure in American law just as in English law, to allow such a breach to occur is actually a breach of contract on the part of the company and one where damages could be claimed against Moniker/Oversee.

hawkeye

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think if anything has been learned in all this, is where various people draw their line in the 'integrity sand' with their varying and serious meaning - "if you were in the same situation, you'd do it too, I know I would" remarks and responses!! Not because someone was 'threatened' or of the like, but simply over a demeaning domain name reg. Can just imagine what other situations they'd justify such. I've made my notations of the whoms.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rick is not the issue here, you are blindy missing the point.

-=DCG=-

What's the issue here Adam???...Rick is making a stink about CF breaching the whois about a domain that RS's boy regged at Moniker....that was titled chefpatricksucks.com and pointed to gay pron......that's what happened.....so wtf are we blindly missing???..the fact that rick was involved???...or do u not see that??......do u need names to clarify this?????????????????

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the CIA to make an entrance. I'm sure they're in on it.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's the issue here Adam???...Rick is making a stink about CF breaching the whois about a domain that RS's boy regged at Moniker....that was titled chefpatricksucks.com and pointed to gay pron......that's what happened.....so wtf are we blindly missing???..the fact that rick was involved???...or do u not see that??......do u need names to clarify this?????????????????

I'm confused. Are you speaking on behalf of Patrick Ruddell or are these things you are speculating?

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the CIA to make an entrance. I'm sure they're in on it.

lol...yeah.....this has really gotten to that point....might as well bring in the FBI.....KGB.....the Navy Seals....etc.....this is such a major breach of US intelligence......the whois breach of chefpatricksucks.com......red alert....red alert...red alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

I'm confused. Are you speaking on behalf of Patrick Ruddell or are these things you are speculating?

No speculation here...and not speaking on behalf of Patrick....

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Tony, for some reason you hate Rick, take that up with him directly.

You have posted nothing factual that would even remotely blame Rick for this.

-=DCG=-

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tony, for some reason you hate Rick, take that up with him directly.

You have posted nothing factual that would even remotely blame Rick for this.

-=DCG=-

I do??...where did i say that i hate Rick????....I love Rick and his posse.....including Howie....Latona...Ray...etc....best bunch of quality domainers i ever met...:)

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

I have no desire to ever go to either and this further entrenches my conviction to stay away.

OK...then you'll never understand what's going on here.....you'll just sit behind your computer and think that this is all about a whois breach......lol....

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

eenie....meenie....miney.....moe....my mother told me to pick..........hmmmm....which one?????????

http://www.dnjournal.com/events/photos/traffic-sv/closing-shot-sf-dinner.jpg

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the laughable part of all of this is seeing so many people here thinking that whois "privacy" is somehow supposed to be some sort of impenetrable shield... the fact is that anyone can get the underlying registrant data with very little effort at all, from ANY registrar.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the laughable part of all of this is seeing so many people here thinking that whois "privacy" is somehow supposed to be some sort of impenetrable shield... the fact is that anyone can get the underlying registrant data with very little effort at all, from ANY registrar.

Usually a lawyers letter does the trick. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom