Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Another Scandal rocks the domain world as Rick Schwartz outs Chef Patrick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Read the whole thread here:

http://www.ricksblog.com/my_weblog/...ss-to-that-info-what-they-can-do-with-it.html

and Rick's latest post here:

Schwartz said...
Enough Bullshit. Enough Cover ups. Enough LIES!!

The folks at Oversee have a hard time actually doing the right thing time and time again. This is not my responsibility or fight. But ENOUGH!

I will not be a party to this any longer. I should have exposed this from DAY ONE. I was told story after story after story and hard to find facts or the truth in any of it.

I did everything I could to have either the victim post or the employee to come forward. Or Oversee just do the right thing and lay out the facts. I just got mislead at best by Oversee!

Chef Patrick needs to FINALLY stand up and Oversee needs to stop the LIES and COVERUPS!!

I have nothing against the Chef. I know he is a young guy trying to get ahead. But he did one wrong thing and then was not a stand up guy and never came forward. The coverup is always worse than the act. This is a perfect example.

I think it is time for him to clean this up because I am DONE with this issue and let the folks involved sort it out now that it is in the open.

Somebody has to make a stand in this industry because I REFUSE to turn a blind eye. So let the haters come out. But I am nothing but the messenger and everyone in this industry has a RIGHT to know about this MESS!

Chef, I had to do this for a number of reasons. I know our paths will cross in the weeks ahead and I can't live with holding YOUR secret and feeling good about it. It makes me feel a bit dirty. I have NEVER held a secret like this in 15 years online. I just let the chips fall where they may. You should have come forward yourself instead of this route.

So to have a good future, you need to clean up the past. I wish you no ill. But I am not carrying around YOUR BURDEN or OVERSEE's BURDEN any longer. This skeleton has been in the wrong closet and today that has been corrected.

http://www.ricksblog.com/my_weblog/...ml#comment-6a00d83451f3f569e2014e5fde8883970c

Lot's of angry follow up posts on Rick's blog, definitely worth a read.
======================================================================
I am guessing this has something to do with Chef Patrtick's decision to leave oversee he announced here:

http://www.chefpatrick.com/goodbye-oversee-chef-patrick-is-back/

-=DCG=-

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chef Patrick responds on Facebook with this:

"Thank you everyone that has pointed out Rick Schwartz's post today. I also want to send a big thank you to everyone that has sent emails, texts and messages of support, it's greatly appreciated. I am with my family at Busch Gardens and will respond publicly tomorrow with the TRUTH, not a third party version of it. Family first!!!"

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well Chef Patrick states this on his blog:

"Moniker and I part on good terms. Unfortunately there was no way to continue, beyond the fact that I strongly dislike working out of an office and working for a boss, I just have too many projects going on that need my full attention. I believe we have mutually gotten everything we possibly can from each other. The education I have received is priceless."

Most companies take privacy breach very serious, so if what Rick says is true, it's obvious why the chef is looking for a new kitchen.

-=DCG=-

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well Chef Patrick states this on his blog:

"Moniker and I part on good terms. Unfortunately there was no way to continue, beyond the fact that I strongly dislike working out of an office and working for a boss, I just have too many projects going on that need my full attention. I believe we have mutually gotten everything we possibly can from each other. The education I have received is priceless."

Most companies take privacy breach very serious, so if what Rick says is true, it's obvious why the chef is looking for a new kitchen.

-=DCG=-

not to mention that one knows they will have a boss if they work for someone else.

and

this "education" may not be so "priceless" for Moniker and company

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's old news, or am I missing something ?

Start at the bottom, all those posts are from today,

You will see Rick's outing post about 12 posts up from the bottom.

-=DCG=-

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's old news, or am I missing something ?

scroll down to Rick's most recent comment.

now Monte has gone, there is nothing keeping my domains at Moniker, think Oversee is firmly in the toilet. think I may actually go back to GD!

Domainster

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What was the domain or domains involved in the Whois privacy breach ?

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The day they announced his hiring I laughed.

Apparently all you need is a pitch and a blog to get hired, same goes for most auctioneers we've seen come and go... buy ads, socialize, start a blog and you are a domainer of the year lol

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This has been the widest-known secret of the past 90 days; anyone who says "wow!" was either hiding under a rock or wants to act this way.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This has been the widest-known secret of the past 90 days; anyone who says "wow!" was either hiding under a rock or wants to act this way.

I don't think most people knew who Rick was talking about until today.

-=DCG=-

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A lot of people - and I mean, *a lot* - knew. Why wasn't it announced earlier by anyone else? Simple. We all wanted Rick to bear the weight of it all. We are pussies, because Rick's footprint is immense. But we knew and kept quiet; initially for Chef Patrick to "man up" and announce it. When that didn't happen, the clock in Rick's hand started ticking. Chef's recent announcement of parting in good terms with Oversee was the hubris Rick needed in order to blow the cover off. Still, we need to hear Chef Patrick's statement and perhaps even, try to step into his shoes.

austinandrew

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. I find the timing of the ChefPatrickSucks.com registration very peculiar. There were some people upset with him at that time.

I think what may be more interesting about this whole thing is who registered the domain name.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A lot of people - and I mean, *a lot* - knew. Why wasn't it announced earlier by anyone else? Simple. We all wanted Rick to bear the weight of it all. We are pussies, because Rick's footprint is immense. But we knew and kept quiet; initially for Chef Patrick to "man up" and announce it. When that didn't happen, the clock in Rick's hand started ticking. Chef's recent announcement of parting in good terms with Oversee was the hubris Rick needed in order to blow the cover off. Still, we need to hear Chef Patrick's statement and perhaps even, try to step into his shoes.

until today

i didn't know he was doing what was reported and i haven't been under no rock

but i did know long ago that dude wasn't who most everyone thought he was

or

i knew he wasn't what he wanted to be.... in the minds of others

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Don, by not having an active blog - therefore little such interaction - you live, essentially, under a digital rock ;)

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. I find the timing of the ChefPatrickSucks.com registration very peculiar. There were some people upset with him at that time.

I think what may be more interesting about this whole thing is who registered the domain name.

I can't see who registered it, it's been under Moniker Privacy since it was registered 2010-10-26 .

-=DCG=-

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's so easy to be tempted when one has the authority, to uncover what has been causing one stress and anger. Erring is human, and Chef's act led to his termination. I'd say, justice was served. If there are any gaps in the story, that's for Oversee and Chef Patrick to fill them in. To the rest of us, it's simply a story of betraying one's trust threshold.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's so easy to be tempted when one has the authority, to uncover what has been causing one stress and anger. Erring is human, and Chef's act led to his termination. I'd say, justice was served. If there are any gaps in the story, that's for Oversee and Chef Patrick to fill them in. To the rest of us, it's simply a story of betraying one's trust threshold.

How do you measure the impact this has if you don't know what accounts were impacted or what the obtained information was used for?

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom