Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Are domainers "cybersquatters"? At NameJet, a DNF member thinks so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If this person is as aggressive about this as we're made to believe, this is scary - and where does it end? Look at the domain I just got though a backorder - what if someone wanted to file a WIPO against me to get it (even though it isn't worth the WIPO fee). There is no way I'd be able to afford to defend myself (flight fees, etc..) let alone hire an attorney to defend myself.

What if I got a domain though a drop that I had a business plan for? I still wouldn't be safe.

It is scary.

On a side note - I'm assuming this person has been reading this thread (especially since Acro said that they are a DNF member). I hope they know this - when dealing with people like us (internet savvy, usually more intelligent than the average person) people who pull crap like this end up getting burned in the end, sometimes big time.

I don't even have to get into karma, just look at what's been going on. Acro said that they scan NameJet (and I'm assuming we can assume other similar services?) for names to make sure people don't get them due to the threat of a lawsuit (hmm, sounds familiar?).

Acro knows this person and so does the person who sent him the initial email. It will only be a matter of time before a company goes after one of the drop-catch services and leave the initial email intact (including email addresses). NJ would most likely ban the person rather quickly (and possobly their IP address?).

Not only that, over time they'll find themselves in the contact with the wrong person who might not be as reserved as Acro and openly post their name on the internet.

I'm sure that person would be outcasted in the community. No, DNF couldn't ban them for this but no one would deal with them, no one would even associate with them.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Namejet has not responded to my inquiry yet, so nothing new.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Namejet has not responded to my inquiry yet, so nothing new.
It is very disturbing what has been going on at NameJet.

If you have contacted them and reported these finding and they not respond, then essentially they are condoning this.

And the other thread about the non paying winners and sticking the second place bidder with the bill is pure non-sense.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have contacted them and reported these finding and they not respond, then essentially they are condoning this.

Maybe NJ needs a few WIPO cases against them since they are openly selling the domains (for their own profit) to give them a good swift kick in the pants at how serious this is.

Selling a domain = cybersquatting (no matter what the domain is) in the eyes of most WIPO panelists. NameJet would most likely lose.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
might as well close this thread as it's pointless if we are'nt going to find out who it is and nobody is going to tell us....more anxiety we all don't need right now...imo

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
might as well close this thread as it's pointless if we are'nt going to find out who it is and nobody is going to tell us....more anxiety we all don't need right now...imo
Dude, all you have to do is fess up, take a hit, and go back to your semi-comatose state.

No prob.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Namejet has responded, will update here as soon as the ticket gets fully updated.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I once thought about doing something like this, for a company of a friend of a friend.
And not even did it.
But doing it large scale is really a scum....

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dude, all you have to do is fess up, take a hit, and go back to your semi-comatose state.

No prob.

Ok, seriously. Enough..I don't play that sh*t.

I'm probably the innocent buyer bidding on the names trying to win them dumba$s! :smilewinkgrin:

Acro, what did they say?

The more I think about it, they need to have some type of return policy if a name is lost by wipo or something within say 30 or maybe 60 days of the auction end. They are selling you a product/service..they need to assure that you actually get it!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
They thanked me for the input, assured me about the privacy of my info and that's it. It's off to their internal investigation now.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They sound frickin useless...imo

btw - I heard the culprit was Doc Com

:pound:

(and maybe if we all start blaming each other Acro will be a real man and tell us) :eek:k:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
As far as I am concerned this case is closed.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Am i the only one who thinks Acro is behind this?

He's from Florida...someone out of the blue sends him this "email".

Now he can't handle keeping it in any longer and trying to expose someone else for it.... ;)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
When I go that crazy, theinvestor, I will commit myself to the nuthouse.

Commerce

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ah, but then isn't that the beauty of insanity?

When one crosses over that line, he or she will never know it... or question it. ;)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thank you for checking on my sanity status. I also think the Cardinals will win.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Go Cards.

Warner is back!

Met he and his wife in St Louis along with Jason Sehorn (?) and his beautiful wife Angie Harmon.

Wow, she is STUNNINGLY STOP YOU IN YOUR TRACKS GORGEOUS!

Anyways, I look at this two ways;

One, the perpetrator being a member of his forum has perhaps lost his/her credibility.
Two, Acro has added to his credibility in my book. He can keep a secret.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Let's applaud Acro as well for helping him keep his secret :)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmmmmmm..maybe it is Acro, that makes sense..actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom