Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Are domainers "cybersquatters"? At NameJet, a DNF member thinks so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I watch a movie with my wife and now look what you kids have done!

Can't turn my back on you for a minute.

You all just can't play fair.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does this individual focus on blatant tm domains or any domain with a hint of tm violation?

Seems like this would be very difficult to manage, I would assume this individual/s would not be able to keep up this scheme for long. However, Namejet has a longer payment period and more relaxed policy for payment defaults. I would be surprised if they took any action without proof of violation of terms of service etc...

Btw, I think this thread is in need of a catchy phrase to appropriately describe the accused. How about Anti-Domainer Proxy-bidding Cybersqueeler? Maybe just Cybersqueeler?

Last edited:

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does this individual focus on blatant tm domains or any domain with a hint of tm violation?

Seems like this would be very difficult to manage, I would assume this individual/s would not be able to keep up this scheme for long. However, Namejet has a longer payment period and more relaxed policy for payment defaults. I would be surprised if they took any action without proof of violation of terms of service etc...

Btw, I think this thread is in need of a catchy phrase to appropriately describe the accused. How about Anti-Domainer Proxy-bidding Cybersqueeler? Maybe just Cybersqueeler?

I vote for Cybersqueeler :shy:

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well that was a waste of 5 pages reading. This thread should be closed.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score

Hit that little "X" in your browser window and you're set.

Cybersqueeler sounds great :D

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Leave my "bananas" out of this, you have no idea what I went through for them, especially Focus' Banana, it was painful.

Yeah JP said my banana was just a bit too big for him...it was worth that nice .ca domain though :eyebrows: Ohh the things we do for money...lmao

This seriously is ridiculous though.....I think Acro knows him NJ username and not his DNforum name quite honestly, which would make sense..

At least Acro does have the balls to post this. Now tell us his NJ handle before you get a severe banana treatment man! :angry:

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Acro.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Another thing that would be good to know is how did you get this email? Are you running a company he/she targetted? Is it simply companies? Cheers

As I said earlier, I was contacted by a member here with the evidence I have posted who wishes to remain anonymous. The email was forwarded to them from a source related to one of the companies that were targeted. That email was signed with their full name and info. I am looking into confirming their NameJet username.

Please understand that this thread is about exposing the practice and confirming the "dirty games" that occur at a popular auction platform, NameJet - it's not about a person, it's about the inconsiderate practices that affect the domain industry.

Last edited:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The proof is on the left, I took your banana 6 times! :faint:

It was so great, I just had to go for a 7th...you wierdo! :uhoh: lmao

:pound:

ok, this is getting wierd now I just got a doughnut for my banana

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I disagree.

If anything, perhaps a sticky?

Simply go back to http://www.dnforum.com/post46-post-1628143.html

Domainers now know how your 'fellow' domainer screws over you. In a big way.

Just because my join date is an date of joining this forum, it is hardly my date of domain knowledge.

The ways domainers screw each other is vast. There is only "one of" a domain and when more than one person wants it there are countless ways to get it other than the one-on-one "may the best person win".

Oh yeah, there are more ways...

but while I sit here and watch the inauguration live streaming to my computer, I can only hope to remember the first words uttered by the new 44th president,

my fellow citizens.

How cool.

slimpickins

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
......and then? all that build up....... to no confession/explanation/exposure?!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A "confession" must come from the perpetrator. The exposure of the practice came from me.

slimpickins

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the "semi"-exposure came from you...... but, imho, unless it is followed-up with a user name that i can observe and judge on my own (or, ideally, comes forward and says it is me and for the reasons X,Y and/or Z) it is really only a suggestion of what MIGHT happen.... to be honest, I don't completely condemn the practice... just the implicit wording. Pretty deft touch actually, but the no-risk/tattle-tale/labeling of co-bidders combined effect is too much and completely unfair to other bidders that COULD win with legitimate development ideas guiding them.....

A "confession" must come from the perpetrator. The exposure of the practice came from me.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Since you don't "completely condemn the practice" I will assume that you support it. In which case, good luck. The document was presented and in due time any necessary action that might be taken by the bidding platform, NameJet, or others will happen. In the meantime, to act disappointed that no heads were presented on a plate and no names were named gives me the impression that you need to resort to some other form of entertainment. Some cases take a lot of observation and analysis; I don't reveal all my cards at once. The ball is in the offender's court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom