Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Available domain name lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same issue. If Estibot told you your domains were worth reg fee or less, would you keep coming back?

Is laoslaos.com worth anything? I don't know. I am not a buyer for it. So to me, it is worth $0.

Again, it is a strategic error to register domains then use appraisal services to see if they have any value. Think differently.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I totally get the mind game behind godaddy's approach to evaluating. However, even a trusted site like Estibot is wrong?

the "mind game" has already been ran on you, if you trust and believe in the bot.

imo...

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think that estimation shows why Estibot is only 'trusted' by people trying to sell their domains. A buyer knows what they are prepared to pay - Estibot doesn't.

Fair enough, that is very well said, it like buying a car. I guess asking humans is just as "trusted" as asking a machine to tell me what my domains are worth...

Because person "A" will have no use for it, they will tell you it has no value.
Because person "B" must have it, they will give it value.

Is there not one, no biased appraisal site?

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same issue. If Estibot told you your domains were worth reg fee or less, would you keep coming back?

Is laoslaos.com worth anything? I don't know. I am not a buyer for it. So to me, it is worth $0.

Again, it is a strategic error to register domains then use appraisal services to see if they have any value. Think differently.

You tell me that there is no value to you, could you instead advise on how to best milk the potential value there is?

if Laos.com is worth 1Mil, then LaosLaos.com has to be worth something to someone..

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
However, even a trusted site like Estibot is wrong?
Trusted by whom ? The newbies. Automated appraisals are worthless. Even an objective, human appraisal doesn't mean somebody will ever buy the domain.

if Laos.com is worth 1Mil, then LaosLaos.com has to be worth something to someone..
Nope. What makes you think it's worth more than $10 ? Even for $10, nobody bothered to register it. And who said Laos.com is worth one million BTW ?
If you have a lottery ticket with all the winning numbers except one or two or three... what's the real worth of your ticket ? Zero.

hawkeye

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
...if Laos.com is worth 1Mil, then LaosLaos.com has to be worth something to someone..
It is. It's worth $8-9 to a registrar. As there is no country or anyplace named LaosLaos, and no one says it (or any country) that way, well then it's not probably going to worth anything to anyone else except to the dreamer who regged it. But if you feel so strongly that it has resale potential, show us how many dual named country domains have 'sold' previously.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I realize this may seem a bit harsh, but if you are serious about this business, you would be well served to do a LOT more research before buying any more domains.

There are years of posts here filled with knowledge, experience, hard-won victories and devastating losses. It will be much cheaper to learn from the accumulated volumes of data here than making all the same mistakes yourself.

Check your ego at the door, and settle in for a while.

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Trusted by whom ? The newbies. Automated appraisals are worthless. Even an objective, human appraisal doesn't mean somebody will ever buy the domain.

Nope. What makes you think it's worth more than $10 ? Even for $10, nobody bothered to register it. And who said Laos.com is worth one million BTW ?
If you have a lottery ticket with all the winning numbers except one or two or three... what's the real worth of your ticket ? Zero.

You're telling me if I handed you a lottery ticket with all the winning numbers except for one..or two...or three...you wouldn't take it? I would..a ticket with all winning numbers except one is still worth a fortune..

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I realize this may seem a bit harsh, but if you are serious about this business, you would be well served to do a LOT more research before buying any more domains.

There are years of posts here filled with knowledge, experience, hard-won victories and devastating losses. It will be much cheaper to learn from the accumulated volumes of data here than making all the same mistakes yourself.

Check your ego at the door, and settle in for a while.

I agree.

However, there is a difference between ego and ambition. I have been studying and studying and researching and felt I could make a decent ROI on these domains, whether now or in the future sometime.
The fact that there is an argument in value and both ends are debating their point, does not mean ego is coming into play.

See instead of giving advice in a helpful way, I am merely told there is no value and shown no proof and told that appraisals are meaningless and that I wasted money. Sounds more like trolling then it does being a helpful and seasoned veteran.

I don't have an ego, I have tenacity, I refuse to lose, I'm ambitious, I do not take no for answer.... sure if I bought a domain like poopandicecreamandturtlesandxyzandstuffandthingandpurplefaceholes.com it may not be worth anything to 99% of the people in the world, but I could find a buyer if I put my mind to it.

You tell me "think differently"..no, you.

There has not been one attempt on your end at a positive approach to selling these domains.

I may be new here, new to domaining, but I am not new to thinking differently.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. You asked, and others have shared their perspectives with you.

Everyone who has responded had one opinion, you have a different one.

Use that tenacity to prove everyone else wrong.

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the "mind game" has already been ran on you, if you trust and believe in the bot.

imo...

So you're saying...

If estibot valuates:

venezuelavenezuela.com at $1,000...

and

poopandicecreamandturtlesandxyzandstuffandthingandpurplefaceholes.com at $0

Then clearly they are both worth the same at $0 and all valuation bots are the devil and I have had mind games ran on me...

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. You asked, and others have shared their perspectives with you.

Everyone who has responded had one opinion, you have a different one.

Use that tenacity to prove everyone else wrong.

Thanks!

Now, I assume you are seasoned in the business. What, without negativity, would be your approach to maximizing ROI on these domains? If you owned them, believed in them like I do...

:)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There has not been one attempt on your end at a positive approach to selling these domains.
I don't think you are getting it. These names are worthless and will not sell.
While domaining relies a lot on the greater fool theory, it's really hard to sell bad domains.
What we are telling you is, don't waste time and money. And if you believe in those nonsense automated appraisals, you just fell for the trap like so many others before you. You first need to 'unlearn' what you think you know about this industry.
This is not what you want to hear, but this is the truth.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Estibot offers some excellent services, but their automated domain valuation is not reliable.

If Estibot says a domain is worth $0, it probably is. If Estibot says a domain is worth $xxx, then either it could be worth that to the right buyer (who may not exist) or it is worthless.

Good luck!

P.S. I have posted many available domains here. A recent list contained one domain that Estibot values at $2800 ... and it is still available.

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are these worthless to you?

All of them are .com's

afghanistanafghanistan (Estibot Value: $240)
armeniaarmenia (Estibot Value: $350)
austriaaustria (Estibot Value: $380)
azerbaijanazerbaijan (Estibot Value: $340)
belgiumbelgium (Estibot Value: $450)
beninbenin (Estibot Value: $450)
boliviabolivia (Estibot Value: $870)
botswanabotswana (Estibot Value: $230)
colombiacolombia (Estibot Value: $850)
denmarkdenmark (Estibot Value: $330)
dominicadominica (Estibot Value: $590)
estoniaestonia (Estibot Value: $250)
finlandfinland (Estibot Value: $880)
guatemalaguatemala (Estibot Value: $890)
hungaryhungary (Estibot Value: $600)
laoslaos (Estibot Value: $880)
latvialatvia (Estibot Value: $1000)
lebanonlebanon (Estibot Value: 240)
lithuanialithuania (Estibot Value: $1000)
luxembourgluxembourg (Estibot Value: $350)
macedoniamacedonia (Estibot Value: $380)
madagascarmadagascar (Estibot Value: $200)
mauritiusmauritius (Estibot Value: $810)
moldovamoldova (Estibot Value: $290)
mongoliamongolia (Estibot Value: $680)
mozambiquemozambique (Estibot Value: $420)
netherlandsnetherlands (Estibot Value: $590)
palaupalau (Estibot Value: $540)
rwandarwanda (Estibot Value: $200)
seychellesseychelles (Estibot Value: $300)
slovakiaslovakia (Estibot Value: $600)
srilankasrilanka (Estibot Value:$900)
trinidadtrinidad (Estibot Value: $370)
uzbekistanuzbekistan (Estibot Value: $260)
venezuelavenezuela (Estibot Value: $1000)

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think you are getting it. These names are worthless and will not sell.
While domaining relies a lot on the greater fool theory, it's really hard to sell bad domains.
What we are telling you is, don't waste time and money. And if you believe in those nonsense automated appraisals, you just fell for the trap like so many others before you. You first need to 'unlearn' what you think you know about this industry.
This is not what you want to hear, but this is the truth.

Prove to me that they are worthless...no offense but some strangers say on the web is not end all be all for me.

Karrera

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
...Yup.

If you believe differently, let us know when you sell 'one' for its Estibot value. Even 50% of that. (other than to a family member of course.)

Challenge accepted.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can't "prove" something is worthless. You can prove something has worth (at least to someone) by selling it. Go to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom