Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Can't Login to Auction Java Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can't Login to Auction Java Client

As soon as the window pops up it has my username in place, and for the password it has a long string of ***********.
This string of astrisks is longer than the number of characters in my actual password.

No matter if I just press the login button straight-away, or retype the password to the correct one, it still says "Login failed..."

Help, anyone?

Upvote 0

pickles

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same here. Not only does this deny me the ability to bid, but it possibly lessens bids on my names.

This is a real bummer.

Bob

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know, pickles...

:( Not happy, Jan!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got in briefly but missed the start and the whole auction crashed after the 15th name (at least for me). Haven't been able to get back in. The early final bids were very low, undoubtedly because a lot of us are locked out. I wonder if someone is staging a denial of service attack on the DNF server? This is certainly a time that would do the most damage. It has been screwed up for about an hour and a half now. If I want 5 minutes a page will finally load and let me get a post in here.

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Now it's saying "Server is unavailable"

What's happening, gregr?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't get into the chat room to find anything out either. It will not load at all - though the front page says about 30 people are in there,

CallMeJ

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same here on the password length, but I get a "Server is unavailable" message even if I type in the proper password.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I "cracked out" too, and noticed only one or two bidders on the first few names ... took me 10 mins. to get to THIS thread, even! HELP.
Bummed out.
:cool:
PS. I hope this "posts". :eek:

Source

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I say the wholesite is experiencing SIGNIGFICANT performance issues. No MODS were in the chat room.

This auction really should be null and void... including the first 15 domains.

domains

ComDeals.com - World-class domains for sale.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting.

I'm also getting "Server is unavailable"

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes - something is definitely wrong. The site has never been this slow before - and I can't get in the auction either. Neither can Doobie (GiantDomains). We are even having problems sending pm's.

Hang in there guys. I'm not sure what's happening - but we will figure it out as soon as possible.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

pickles

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please consider scrubbing this auction, and rescheduling. An auction, where bidders can not participate is not a fair place for seller or bidder.

We place our names for sale, with $1.00 agreeing to take what is bid, but thinking/hoping for a decent enough showing.

When I can't bid on domains I want, and when I'm not assured that everyone has opportunity to bid on my names its just not a good thing.

Bob

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Like Duke, I cannot enter the main "chat" ... though I did get into some remote chat where "members" had very odd User names (lots of numbers at the end)!?! :eek: This is VERY bizarre!
One of my other windows/browsers just crashed, as well. I hope we can now re-schedule the thing to possibly mid-week, or something!?! :confused:
See you guys later. Grrrrr.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by pickles
Please consider scrubbing this auction, and rescheduling. An auction, where bidders can not participate is not a fair place for seller or bidder.

We place our names for sale, with $1.00 agreeing to take what is bid, but thinking/hoping for a decent enough showing.

When I can't bid on domains I want, and when I'm not assured that everyone has opportunity to bid on my names its just not a good thing.

Bob

I'm sure that is exactly what will happen Bob. It's obvious almost everyone was affected, so that's the only way to go now. They had to restart the auction once or twice before back in the opening weeks because of problems getting in, so don't worry, it will be straightened out.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
... though I did get into some remote chat where "members" had very odd User names (lots of numbers at the end)!?! :eek: This is VERY bizarre!

That's not good.

People - don't worry about your names getting no bids - or the auction in general. We will obviously take care of that so that everybody gets a fair shake. That goes without saying.

Right now we have some very serious issues taking place though - and I would really appreciate it if everybody would just relax - and give us some breathing room to figure out what is happening.

Thank you.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Popps ... THAT is correct. I know what I saw tonight, just before the auction (entering in to chat)! It was so strange, in fact, that it would be more difficult not to remember it. :eek:
Please PM/E-mail me if I can be of any assistance ... others saw what I saw, as well ... though I'm a bit confused now as to whom.
Good Luck with everything, and thanks for all of your hard work!!
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom