Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Crocodile Hunter Killed by Stingray :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Breaking News: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060904/people_nm/australia_irwin_dc

Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter has just been confirmed dead after a stingray stung him in the chest an hour or so ago.

He was filming an underwater documentary off the coast of Australia when the accident occurred. :-(

He will be missed by many.

Domain Days 2024

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep just posted this a few minutes before you in the gold forum. It is very sad to hear. He will be missed greatly.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sad... sad...

:(

GoPC

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well he went doing what he loves to do - flaunt death for the camera for the sake of a few bucks.

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How does stringray attack him? Teeth?

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just hope the camera crew doesn't leak the footage of this since you have to imagine it's all on film. He's had stuff happen to him before and they just keep filming to make it interesting. I doubt this will ever be shown anywhere though, and I hope it isn't shown for his family's sake.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh it will 007, without a question.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
??? Nope, I hate people that do that to make money off of tragedies. Don't go there maroulis, its not funny.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just hope the camera crew doesn't leak the footage of this since you have to imagine it's all on film. He's had stuff happen to him before and they just keep filming to make it interesting. I doubt this will ever be shown anywhere though, and I hope it isn't shown for his family's sake.
I expect his crew are loyal too him, so I think the footage won't be leaked.
Well he went doing what he loves to do - flaunt death for the camera for the sake of a few bucks.
He was more than just a showman - he used his fame to promote conservation. He was well known in Africa and Australia for protecting wildlife and donated a large amount of his time and money to those causes.

T

tekz999

I have seen him several times on TV in Hong Kong also, hes a brave man who loves animals. You can always see his fascination and eagerness to tame the animal on TV. A good man T_T

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
??? Nope, I hate people that do that to make money off of tragedies. Don't go there maroulis, its not funny.

there's no money to be made off this... but remember the basic rules of "you must be a domainer"

• You end a sentence like I did this one.com
• You can't see anything wrong with above sentence.com
• You check the OVT of every word people speak to you

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,
i am gutted to read this morning that steve irwin died after being stung by a rayfish. i know he was the type of person you loved or hated. personally i loved him. so few people in life follow what they want to do like that or have that kind of energy. he leaves behind a wife & two kids. his wife did the same work as him. for all the risks he took, i always felt he was invincible. that's part of the shock.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/5311298.stm
Predator

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Andrew Denton: A lot of people see you as this... this larger than life Steve Irwin, in some ways a one-dimensional, almost cartoon character. But what they, perhaps, don't know is you've bought huge tracts of land in Australia, Vanuatu, Fiji, US. Why have you done that?

Steve Irwin: I'm a conservationist through and through, Andrew. That's, er...that's why I was put on this planet, um, for the benefit of wildlife and wilderness areas. That's what I'm into. That's what makes me pumped, mate. That's what myself and Terry and our families have been all about.

Andrew Denton: So what's this land for?

Steve Irwin: Um, it's like national parks, mate. We... You know, easily the greatest threat to the wildlife globally is the destruction and annihilation of habitat. So I've gone, "Right, well, how do I fix that? Well, making a quid here. People are keen to give me money over there. I'll buy it. I'll buy habitat.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
slightly off-topic.. but I bet i'm not the only one in this thread that thought of hand registering some domain related to this story lol

If you can live with making money off of this then go for it. You will lose a lot of respect here though.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just reading up on stingrays, man o man...they have one or two barbs in the tails which are not only coated in toxic material but are also like a bayonet on a rifle...

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
crocodilehunter.com page cannot be displayed

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok its working now
they must be getting hit hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom