Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Custom Parked.com Pages SHOWCASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry, you can't add adsense to the content. Yahoo would freak. :)

Donny

I didn't think so.....Is there a link showing the rules of what we can and cannot add on Parked landers?, For example, now that were uploading our own pictures, just how much nudity is allowed if any for Adult domains?, can we add text to our pictures? if so, what is allowed and what is not?...Thanks.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Simply because Google and Yahoo ads can't co-exist.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can we post affiliate links and/or banners?

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The link is available from the editor, I think it is allowed. Though let's Donny give us answer about it.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So many questions. :) Links to other sites are allowed. Links to your results page is not allowed. Tastefully done banners are allowed. Banner farms are not. As far as your images go, you do what you feel is necessary to get your point across.

As I told somebody earlier, this is for you to add some content. Make your domain nicer.

Donny

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Donny, any possibility of having a "remove the search bar" at the top option? That is the one eye sore on some names that let's everyone know it's a parked page and not a regular "website" lol

I would also like to be able to change ad colors and title colors, etc if possible (I know this is a big deal..just wondering if it's in the works) Thanks dude! Parked rocks more than ever!

Zaan

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How do you add banners? I cant seem to find where to add html code. Can someone give an example of the format for adding html?

domainer111

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some really nice sites here! I like the way Wolfis linked to his amazon store very smart.

I also like superexotic.com.

My one concern is that all this content will lead to less clicks.

Also I think the user after reading the extra content needs to see more ads at the bottom of the page.

It has been often said that the bottom of a web page is very important. Even a back to top link would be good.

====

My own efforts are much more humble, my favorite parked page is www.coolbanking.com.

This customisation really is a handy feature.

Just added a note to http://www.softwarecareers.com/ does anyone think this improves the service to the customer?

Alan

You know what might be a good idea? Get suggestions from the user on the site i.e. feedback.

O for a global modify!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh I agree with the extra content option. But here's my reasoning about not including video: it's too distracting. IMO less people will click on anything else, when they don't have any more videos to look at and they won't click on the ad links.

That is an excellent observation Theo. Also accurate to say that involving basically any content and not only videos. People are too busy studying the site content vs looking at (and clicking) the ads.

IMO there is little doubt the video, links and text content you can now add to parked.com pages will make the CTR and revenue decline. However, with that said it also has some nice benefits too.

The content is the main reason parking pages often have a CTR of 20% or even much more, but Adsense pages are closer to about 5% or less.

miraculix123

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think to much content doesn`t work "in the long term".
Too much information, (may be enough..), no ads at the bottom or a go to top link.

IMO some topic-relevant words are useful for the spiders and ads-relevance.
To much vertical scrolling isn`t good anyway.

denmark dot net is a 1 click lander from here!

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
very good points there - after i added the content my CTR crashed by over 5 % - on this site it is a disaster as it is one of my highest earners - but i will have to wait a few more days to see how it continues - if it stays like it , i prefer to have the ugliest parking pages in town ( but make more money )

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think to much content doesn`t work "in the long term".
Too much information, (may be enough..), no ads at the bottom or a go to top link.

IMO some topic-relevant words are useful for the spiders and ads-relevance.
To much vertical scrolling isn`t good anyway.

denmark dot net is a 1 click lander from here!

Interesting.
More people might COME BACK to a site with content, though.
If Donny and Parked ever add "Add to Favorites" and Date and Time...that would make things EVEN better IMO.
Awesome job on the "sites" guys! :eek:k:

omosquera

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

please review my site:

http://www.RepublicadeColombia.info

Thanks a lot!

p.d. Heres a raw translation of the text:

The Republica of Colombia is located in the northwest of South America. Colombia is the only country of South America with coasts as much in the Atlantic Ocean as in the Pacific Ocean. Between its paradisiacas Islands that attract thousands of tourists they find San Andres, the Malpelo Island natural patrimony of the humanity and the famous Gorgona Island that sometimes outside a prison of high security and today in day a Natural park with great variety of marine turtles, blankets, reefs of chorale, sharks, dolphins and whales. The country has 1.141.748 km² of continental surface. The capital is Santafé of Bogota, that is also its bigger and populated city. In this page Web you will find all the related one to the Republic of Colombia. WELCOME!
- translation by Babelfish :shy:

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice concept.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Oscar, add some padding to the map (right click on it and select from the menu). Also make links open in a new browser, you don't want people to veer off your page.

Nice Colombiana :D

omosquera

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks...

Acroplex, the links(other sites @ parked.com) are suppost to open in a new browser , at least, it works for me.

I did the "padding" thing, thanks a lot for your advice.

Thanks parked , adding content is great,.... (I just need alooooooooooot of time to mod all my domains)

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks...

Acroplex, the links(other sites @ parked.com) are suppost to open in a new browser , at least, it works for me.

I did the "padding" thing, thanks a lot for your advice.

Thanks parked , adding content is great,.... (I just need alooooooooooot of time to mod all my domains)

Sweet! :eek:k:

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nice thread. the thing i am wondering is about duplicate content .. it just seems to me from some of the sites i have looked at that you did not come up with the text content, it just looks to good, or in some cases too long. i would imagine there are several disadvantages to using duplicate content.. no? so where does everyone get their text content if not writing your own? ..if you care to divulge.

on another note, acroplex, i like your algore page a lot and here's why: the picture of gore is already in view at the bottom prompting anyone entering the site to scroll down. but when scrolling to the bottom there is still a portion of the ads left in view at the top of the page to entice them. i also agree with others that too much scrolling down could hurt a parked page. if at some point a reader is seeing a page of all text then once they are done reading it they are more likely to just close the browser or hit back then to scroll back up to the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom