Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Custom Parked.com Pages SHOWCASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone have some nice new landers they created? :eek:k:

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How your domain names do after being parked at parked.com in G? Are they got indexed? If so are they in first page?

After checking some examples I see actually not much difference but some color changes and a few one with sentences of copied content and a few youtube videos.

For Example can I change all tabs, location of modules etc.?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A quick and dirty example - all done in 10 minutes from registration to parking :D
FateOfHellas.com - a brand new strategy game for the PC.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Pretty good. Much better with landers that are not related and generic.

Here's a quick one I did today for Nihita Biswas:

http://NihitaBiswas.com

Also, the copy/paste content bug has been fixed in Firefox 3.0 :D Now you can copy/paste from/to the WYSIWYG editor directly! Speeds up replicating things.
E.g. I added http://nihita.net and http://nihita.org in less than 5 mins.

Last edited:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I would think the YouTube add-on would detract from clicking on links, No?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I will have to test it out :) She's in the news due to her announcement of engagement to a famous French serial killer, so we'll see how it plays out. The video is in ...Nepalese :D

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for some new template features to come out so that we can get a Parked.com lander closer to Computer.com! :)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A quick and dirty example - all done in 10 minutes from registration to parking :D
FateOfHellas.com - a brand new strategy game for the PC.

I would think the YouTube add-on would detract from clicking on links, No?

Very nice parked page Acro. Did not know it was possible to also add images. I always liked the capacity of adding a few text links.

It looks like a website. Luckily the content is below 'the fold' so may not hurt as much as above the fold but I am sure it still reduces the CTR a lot vs no custom content.

However, content should help its SE ranking so on low/no traffic names the custom content is probably good. An issue is will Google even index the content if they know it is a parked page?

Maybe parked.com could reply to that issue?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I was wondering, has the video option gone? I see a "flash" option that doesn't accept video e.g. youtube links.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for some new template features to come out so that we can get a Parked.com lander closer to Computer.com! :)

I agree, I think CTR will drastically increase if we can get away from that Parked look... Good example Peter.

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Is this a parked page? What company?

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this a parked page? What company?

Computer.com is owned by parked.

This must be one of the new formats they are testing.
Or, they are keeping that for the premier domains.

I put some garbage content on a couple domains at Parked.
Only one jumped in revenue for 25-30 days then it fell back to its normal level.

Google and Yahoo bots realize that most of our domains are parked at a ppc company.
Therefore, they are going to ignore the content we put on the landing page.

We are only fooling a few people that might land on the ppc site.

Maybe, the next generation of sites will make the landers more professional looking so the viewer will do more click-thru.

What Parked and Trafficz are offering is far better than what the viewers saw 3 yrs ago.
But, we still have a way to go.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Too bad Domainsponsor and a few others do not offer such nice looking pages combined with custom content and allowed links. Parked.com and Trafficz are clearly the leaders at that but with an edge to parked.com with their twice-monthly payments and fact they allow framed forwarding but trafficz only does dns change. Also, unfortunate they both use the same yahoo feed as it would be good to try their pages and custom content with a google feed too.

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Computer.com is owned by parked.

Well I really like this. Would be interested in hearing some stats. I know no one wants to state bottom line numbers but any possibility of sharing some general numbers? Maybe just some numbers like increase or decrease % from previous lander.

ty

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Didn't take more than 10 minutes to register and set up this.

The customization feature allowed me to make it look like a Blogger blog :)

Donny, any idea about that RSS feed integration?

Or providing us a way to add code (javascript, iframe or remote include) that'd pull content via a 3rd party's RSS feed manager, such as RSS Include?

Last edited:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...content should help SE ranking so on low/no traffic names the custom content is probably good. An issue is will Google even index the content if they know it is a parked page?

Never got response on this from Donny :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom