Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DNF Domain Meeting and Party in Italy - 5-7 June 2003, FREE STAY"

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainscot

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok whats the details if im not to late would also go

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to bow out unfortunatly...due to be unexpectantly unemployed,
my priorities have shifted for the moment.

Sorry for any inconvienance..

zoot

mcom1999

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Mike,

I suggest you go ahead with whoever can make it. There has to be a start for everything.

What is the email address to send the paypay to?

You can reach me at: [email protected]

Kazam

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To all the people who actually think that the war will affect Itally - LOL - NOT a chance in hell!! (Get you WORLD maps out) And about the sars thing - NOT heard of anything over there. About Europe I just got back from Amsterdam(in Holland) again not affected by anything at all. So Europe is safe as can B and we should all meet up it will be nice! And we should go ahead anyway, me like other people are all booked.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gsk008
To all the people who actually think that the war will affect Itally - LOL - NOT a chance in hell!! (Get you WORLD maps out)

I didn't plan on taking that long flight to just go to Italy. I planned to spend up to a month travelling around Europe. My wife wants to wait until next year to take a European trip in hopes that after a year maybe all the hatred a lot Europeans have for Americans will have subsided.

As for restecpa, he/she is the reason there should be a minimum age to join this forum. So many of these kids just say crap for the thrill of getting a rise from adults. restecpa stay out of this thread that you have nothing to do with.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gregr: The europeans don't hate americans! They disgree with them politcally, but I don't think anyone would hate on you just because you come from america! Europe is a safer place to be than USA :D

Restecpa

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gregr: I have more to do with this thread than you think. As far as the age thing goes.. Unlike some, I dont back off from what I say for granted. If by your logic that makes me a kid, then you better think it over cos that comment is just as valid as saddams credit card..

It wasnt my intention to hurt your gentle feelings, but marking Europe as a "war zone" part of the globe is an ignorant thing to say. Sorry to burst your bubble just by speaking of my mind..

Restecpa

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And just like icehole said, its American governments way of dealing with international questions that Europeans "hate" - not Americans themself. Im not sure what made you think that Europeans are eager to hurt you, but I must say that even though theres a difference of oppinion between Europe as States, Europe is and always will be a safer place - even for American.

Now, instead of you calling me names and god knows what else, we could rather just get over this. Ive expressed my oppinion and you dont have to agree with, neither like it. No hard feelings, lets just leave it at that.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just said what I did, because I want gregr to come to Italy. (allthough I still mean what I said).

I think alot of people want to see him and it would be cool. too bad I can't make it

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As a result of Domain Name Forum endorsing the meeting in Italy, my wife and I went out, got passports and paid for non-refundable airfare from California to Rome. We also arranged for my sister to come west to stay with our 3 kids, and we paid for a non-refundable ticket for her.

Now, as a result of Gregr dropping the ball and not informing the new DNF owner of the meeting, it looks like things are falling apart. If Greg decided not to attend himself, whatever his reasons, that would be one thing. However, I am extremely unhappy and disappointed at the way he has handled this.

Max.rk

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mike,

Is it clear that this meeting going to happen? Is all going to be arranged in Italy (transport, hotel ect)?
Because there is a lot of uncertainty, people are dropping out. I can not say "for sure, count me in", until its not clear.

I think many will agree with me on this.

Ps. I can not get PM's. to contact me, please send email to [email protected]

Max.rk

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hiOsilver
As a result of Domain Name Forum endorsing the meeting in Italy, my wife and I went out, got passports and paid for non-refundable airfare from California to Rome. We also arranged for my sister to come west to stay with our 3 kids, and we paid for a non-refundable ticket for her.

Now, as a result of Gregr dropping the ball and not informing the new DNF owner of the meeting, it looks like things are falling apart. If Greg decided not to attend himself, whatever his reasons, that would be one thing. However, I am extremely unhappy and disappointed at the way he has handled this.

I don't blame you, man! From my standpoint, Gregr bailed out on a LOT of things/people ... though now I can understand why. Yikes! :eek:
Good Luck.

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Max.rk
Mike,

Is it clear that this meeting going to happen? Is all going to be arranged in Italy (transport, hotel ect)?
Because there is a lot of uncertainty, people are dropping out. I can not say "for sure, count me in", until its not clear.

I think many will agree with me on this.

Ps. I can not get PM's. to contact me, please send email to [email protected]

Max.rk

Hi, if you read all the posts and thread you can see that a lot of things has changed, from my side nothing was changed, I was happy to offer that event and am here like I was since the first day we started talking about this, I posted that I was going to offer transportation from the airport and everything else was also posted, now the point is that many of the people that was CONFIRMED since months are backing off and there are just 3/4 people confirmed, beside the people that backed off on the thread there are many that I even sent Pms one by one and they don't even answer to the PMs, the new owner said on a post that he will do whatewer he can to help on this but till now he did NOTHING..............

the things was always CLEAR since the begining, people are dropping not because the things was not clear but because...........

Mike

mcom1999

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Mike,

I am glad you are standing by your word. Some of us have made a commitment and will follow it through. I will be getting my ticket soon. Others have already gotten theirs.

It is unfortunate some people are unable to make it, however - let's make this first one the best we can!

Keyworddomains.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As i always said,
i am still willing to come and already got the tickets.
So i would be very disappointed if this meeting doesn´t happen although i would understand you Mike very much if you say now, not with me.
I don´t understand why so many of you (members on this forum) don´t see this big opportunity and favor mike gives us?
If there are less then 50 Persons, let us still make it!
Sometimes meetings with less persons are more effective.
So everyone reading this, please join us in Italy

mcom1999

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I had a few questions about the trip - can I give you a call?

Thanks.

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mcom1999
I had a few questions about the trip - can I give you a call?

Thanks.

sure you can, you can find my # on the whois, also understand that a this point nothing is sure, there should be 50 people confirmed by today and there are only 3.

Mike

Max.rk

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hope we all learned something about organising a meeting. Hopefully this experience will be put to use next year and meeting going to happen. It is very sad that we can't get together in Italy as planned.

Max.rk

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sheva
... the new owner said on a post that he will do whatewer he can to help on this but till now he did NOTHING..............
I thought I went ahead and made this thread a sticky and offered my help, did I? Anyway, I'm sorry to learn that this event is not going to happen. [/Unstick thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom