Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Does Sedo Undercount Traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo,

Can you explain this? http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=187881
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=187881

Yesterday, many of us received up to 3x the normal traffic we usually do on some of our domains. Today, that traffic is gone and has been adjusted downward. Is this the actual count of traffic and clicks our domains receive? Did someone let the secret slip? Is our traffic in fact being filtered by you to the extent that, unbeknownst to domain parkers, much of it is not being counted? What explanation do you have for this? Certainly, the traffic had to come from somewhere to begin with correct? Please advise.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm going to move my top 50 name out of sedo.com to compare...I will most likely then move my entire portfolio...I'm just tired of getting ripped of by sedo.com on domain parking .

Going to start this weekend. If enough of us do this...they will feel it.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As I already said somewhere else, i'm moving mine out as well. Going to be a fun process (not).

Jay

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
When you hear back from Sedo on this forum, please let me know.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how Sedo's system works, and what they actually base their payments on?

S

SedoCoUk

Hey guys,

I just got in touch with our technical department in Germany about the problem with statistics. They told me that the system was having problems with counting visitors earlier, but that everything is fixed now. If the statistics are still not updated in your account, please PM me with your account information so that I can have our technical team take a look at your account.

Sara

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Well hello Sara! Please stay a while longer.

When exactly is the timeframe of "earlier" ? How many days, weeks or months back does it go?

Edit: Oh never mind. Just looked at my stats. The numbers and revenue were "corrected".

Thanks Sara. I appreciate all the money Sedo has made off my traffic. In fact, you make me feel so guilty! I should be paying you for displaying your ads on my domains!!

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just got in touch with our technical department in Germany about the problem with statistics. They told me that the system was having problems with counting visitors earlier, but that everything is fixed now. If the statistics are still not updated in your account, please PM me with your account information so that I can have our technical team take a look at your account.

Sara

Side-step. Please explain the source of the traffic increase and how a subsequent "correction" is justified.

audubon

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I noticed a spike in revenue, as well--at first thought my new keywords were paying off (yeah, right)... then it all went away, back to the usual.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can see legal action looming on the horizon! Nothing is transparent, nothing is as promised, just Sedo getting worse and worse.

Sara, where is the 0.65 Euros per click through please you promised me this Tuesday on TexasHoldem.St, today 0.07 Euros! The drop from 1.53 Euros to your stated 0.65 Euros was bad enough, but now 0.07 Euros is so pathetic it is worse than extortion. Please provide me with evidence of how much Sedo is paid per click on this domain.

shaggyboy75

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just saying... have a look at the "current mood" of each one on the left, lol.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sedo won't disclose figures. They are bound to an agreement with Google. The only number that is certain is that Google pays Sedo 50% of their advertiser's fees.

We need to cut the fat and cut it deep and fast. I urge for a meeting on forming a co-op ran by us domainers.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can totally this being made into a "Made for TV" movie, 5 years from now on ABC.

"One Man's fight for PPC freedom, one company's scandal of the web!"

etc, etc

Welkin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking since yesterday on the possibility to create a parking company run by domainers. The technical part could be done far more better than Sedo's - without countless bugs and yo-yo behaviour. The % paid to the domain owners also could be increased significantly I think.

pertosda

AdSense Optimizer
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same happened to me... my earnings of november the 1st were cutted to the half ("corrected" is the word they use).

I sent an email to SEDO Spain with the subject "SEDO steals money?" and they just answered explaining about technical problems and saying the transparency for the user is guaranteed (that part was funny to say the truth). Oh and they also said "you can be sure SEDO does not steal money from anyone".

Something weird is going on here... I am expecting further Sedo explanations at least in this forum, they know their reputation can be seriously damaged (yeah, even more).

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking since yesterday on the possibility to create a parking company run by domainers. The technical part could be done far more better than Sedo's - without countless bugs and yo-yo behaviour. The % paid to the domain owners also could be increased significantly I think.

Same here. The idea is to have the best optimization process. Maybe a way to update your own custom images and to filter any advertisers you want to. The ability to customize the entire page layout, where you want the ads, how you want the ads, etc.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why don't we do a test and park an existing or newly created domain that has zero traffic and have 20 of us from different regions click on it to determine if they are accurately recording and reporting traffic data. Thoughts?

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Sara

Sara, we are still waiting for a real explanation rather than a side-step. Public relations folks like yourself aren't the only educated individuals on this forum. It is an insult to members here that you believe a "canned answer" will suffice.
How was the extra traffic generated? Clearly, it had to come from somewhere. A software glitch doesn't pass the straight face test...

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i dont think the public relation people from sedo are qualified at all to answer any questions, and thats not insulting them, I think the sedo management or whoever is in charge of parking is not even telling them how parking really works over there..the explanations are rookie answers with no sustance..sedo always keeps everything secretive and thinks people dont realize that most of their answers are made up explanations like the "dynamic parking"..there is no such thing..

mrojas2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same here. The idea is to have the best optimization process. Maybe a way to update your own custom images and to filter any advertisers you want to. The ability to customize the entire page layout, where you want the ads, how you want the ads, etc.

Some good ideas. I agreed. Custom images.... Filter advertisers ... Customization...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom