Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Domain Name Predictions for 2011??

Status
Not open for further replies.

PersonOnForum

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Extension .moon, followed by .mars will be released

Sweet!

I'm hoping to snap up ijustwastedmymoney.mars as soon as it is available. Hold onto that baby for a couple of decades and I'll be laughing all the way to the bank; or whatever financial institution has by then replaced it. Probably Facebook.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adam, whats your thinking on this one? .com/.net will go idn.idn in the next year, 2 at most. Verisign has signaled its intentions.
Tens of millions are being spent on idn.cctld rollouts, noticibly the 600,000 idn.РФ registered in the 1st week in Russia.
I notice you continue to renew many/most of your IDN portfolio.

Yes, I continue to renew them and I believe in them, I just think they may hit their peak in 2012, not 2011.

-=DCG=-

austinandrew

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
11 because they are putting alot of work into their parked pages and their cost of staffing is really cheap, they are based in India. Also, Dan Warner is involved and he does everything well and with great knowledge on what this industry needs.

-=DCG=-

Adam, thanks for mentioning BigJumbo. We're hard at work implementing new templates and monetization channels to increase revenue for parking clients. And we're definitely going big in 2011.

Just to clarify, Dan Warner is involved with another parking company that has similar investors as BigJumbo: Domain Advertising. Both take a somewhat different approach to domain parking. In my humble (but of course biased) opinion both are worth trying.

If anyone needs assistance getting started with BigJumbo please send me a PM.

-Andrew Allemann

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So how were my p[redictions for 2011, let's see.....

My predictions fior 2011

1- Domain Parking will suffer even more in 2011. - CORRECT
2- Domainers will realize that they must abandon parking and force themselves to focus and develop businesses and not just websites. - CORRECT
3- High end generics will continue to sell at higher prices than expected. - CORRECT
4- More people will do domaining part time because they cannot survive on low parking revenue. - CORRECT
5- Nobody will know what a .mobi, .tel is. - CORRECT
6- There will be a shit load of .co's expiring without being renewed. - CORRECT
7- Go Daddy will buy Oversee.net. - HALF RIGHT but Oversee is selling the own names through Go Daddy
8- Sedo will continue to lead the domain sales channel and set the standards for the rest to follow. - CORRECT
9- Monte Kahn will rise up and start another company that will be successful, the good ones always do. - CORRECT
10- The value of .ca will rise as CIRA will be launching an ad campiagn in 2011 to promote them, that one is a fact. - HALF RIGHT - .ca values have gone up but not due to anything CIRA did.
11- BigJumbo.com will be one of the top parking companies in 2011. - INCORRECT
12- More companies will try to enter the domain development field in 2011, most will fail. - CORRECT
13- 2011 will not be the year of the IDN. - CORRECT
14- Smart people will turn to lead generation and affiliates in 2011. - CORRECT

That's all I have for now.

Not bad I would say, I'll post my predictions for 2012 in a new thread next week.
There will definitely be some large surprises.

Adam

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1-2-3-4-5-12-14 can be repeated for 2012.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I predict that before 2011 has ended there will be predictions posted for 2012. *

*as a trader and card player you learn to take the easy money.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Almost time for the 2012 prediction thread, if it hasn't been started yet.

I'm surprised at how many groups and companies have been popping up to oppose the onslaught of new tlds, and even .xxx. My feeling so far is that if they are all released it will just make .com, org, net and the strong country codes even stronger. But there is still money to be made I think with the new tlds, but how I'm not exactly sure yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com