Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domaincar

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I don't think the government will care and a TM owner will only care about their TM.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But that only distinguishes you as the side of the argument that didn't need my input in order to look like a total idiot.

My point was, that these hysterical anti-TM use invalid arguments in their barking, thats all.

I am amazed how much time some members here are spending on a minor issue, which is causing to the US economy direct loss no more than couple of hundreds mil/year (and where big part of the money go back to the system through another doors), while they could be spending their time on real issues, whch is causing US economy losses hundreds of billions.

Hmmm, I don't think the government will care and a TM owner will only care about their TM.

The funny part is, most of the TM owner does NOT care at all, or is just sending C&D letters via overpriced lawyers (most of my domains if they would give this money to me instead to their lawyer, the domain woud be theirs right away).

Or they win WIPO and drop the domain later, many times saw that, i.e. recently amerquest.com - they won WIPO 2003, later did not renew the domain now they are going to WIPO it again. Lawyers fee, WIPO fee, all again...

One company WIPO-ed me for a domain which I would sell to them for $100 (making about $50/year), the funny part is, they renewed the domain, but did not change the nameservers, so I am still getting all the traffic and they pay the reg. fee. So I am actually better off than before the WIPO...

It seems the DNF hysterics are fighting a fight for someone who is actually not interested in it...

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:

It's a gamble on the government.

But, the TM owners clearly do care about infringement and phishing, even if they are inept about managing their domains.

I bet they get really annoyed that they have to undertake numerous actions to defend from cybersquatters.

RICO might be a nice solution to that problem.

:)

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But, the TM owners clearly do care about infringement and phishing

We are talking about TM typos, not about phishing or infringement - i.e. sell bootleg DVDs or copied products, right ?

I hold TM domains of about 200 corporations, in last 15 month got C&D email only from 3 of them, one of them initiated WIPO, 2 of them keep paying their lawyers for sending me those email (without proof of delivery = same like nothing). And one actually is doing some court order in the US on domains which I would not renew anyway as the traffic was too low.

Systematically preying on numerous victims by knowingly stealing world famous, registered, and distinctive trademarks would seem to be no minor wrongdoing.

Typo of a domain is NOT a trademark. The "victims" has shown NO interested in the typo domain, as they did NOT registered the domain, although they have registered their TM domain very long time ago. As I thought the typo domain will get traffic and the domain was free to register, I regged it under the assumption the TM holder does not want it (because he would have register it already). Domain costs $7, so it could not be about saving costs either.

It would seem to be highly organized, planned, and premeditated.

Oh yeah, I am si highly organized, I even do not know, where some of my domains are actually regged.

It involves high tech and specialized knowledge.

Yes, I have very high-tech 4 years old computer and specialized knowledge of searching via Google and Overture.

The use of fake WhoIs info also shows bad intent.

My intent is make some money and do not loose neither domain nor money. What bad is intent is there ? ;)

RICO might be a nice solution to that problem.

If I am an American, maybe. Otherwise - did you see the movie "Catch me if you can ?" :)

I can see now more and more why so many Americans is getting off-shore....

And did some searcing on RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) - You can not initiated against ONE SINGLE PERSON. It must be organisation, group of people. Most of domainers work alone. So to succesfully initiate it, you would need to bring in also registrars, dropcatchers, droplists and maybe even ICANN as accomplices and prove we all worked organizedly and knowingly together.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
^ Denny sometimes you are just pure genius man! :) hahahahhaha so much for that argument!

Remember, we are ALLOWED to make money off of these domains from PPC companies in the first place...and catch them and bid on them in drops AND many times even be part of the TM holders affiliate programs...Sirius and Amazon for example...

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread is becoming ridiculous.
Just my 02 cents.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
I hold TM domains of about 200 corporations, in last 15 month got C&D email only from 3 of them, one of them initiated WIPO, 2 of them keep paying their lawyers for sending me those email (without proof of delivery = same like nothing). And one actually is doing some court order in the US on domains which I would not renew anyway as the traffic was too low.

And did some searcing on RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) - You can not initiated against ONE SINGLE PERSON. It must be organisation, group of people. Most of domainers work alone. So to succesfully initiate it, you would need to bring in also registrars, dropcatchers, droplists and maybe even ICANN as accomplices and prove we all worked organizedly and knowingly together.

200 corporations? I could rest my case with that. It looks like massive wrongdoing.

Given that some of the online domain boards knowingly allow trading in purloined trademarks, or that all transactions consist of a buyer and a seller (of the domain itself or of the traffic), the conspiracy element might be easily met right there.

You continue to suggest that the international element of this fraud will work to the advantage of the cybersquatter. As a long term strategy, that seems very risky.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In 10 years time generic and legit domain holders will be doing exceptional business and current large scale tm domain holders will be serving Big Macs in McDonalds.
There was a time when only legitimate business people were allowed on this forum - let's hope the admins have a rethink.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are so naive, ED30. TM domain holders are investing ppc profit into legit domains and projects. My internet profit ratio is now TM versus www projects 3:1, in 10 year very likely will be just legit, but 100 times bigger than now. TM domains help me finance legit projects. And I am just small potato. All the domain giants growed on the TM domains profit. My estimate is i.e Laporte made 9-digit income before dropped their TM portfolio (and far from completely anyway, they still have a lot of TM or problematic domains).

There was a time when only legitimate business people were allowed on this forum - let's hope the admins have a rethink.

Owner of this forum has (or at least have had) TM domains, you think admins will kick out also owner of this forum ? Which planet you came from ?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they just dont have alot of PPC revenue probably Denny007...they don't get it dude..it's better that way anyways..

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tisk, tisk Mocus. I wouldn't assume anything about anyone on this board -- let alone make assumptions about their PPC income or any other revenue stream.

The minute you assume others to be below you is the minute that you've just wasted. Because I can guarantee at the very moment you made that assumption, someone was working harder than you.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about closing thread.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
post daily earnings stats shall we?

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure, go for it and post your TM-typo money making machine stats.
I need a good laugh.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many people on this board are getting tired of the repercussions from cybersquatters and other criminals.
I'm not

Many of us are getting fed up. Alot of us would like to see you put out of business.
I'm not
I thank people like denny who have opened my eyes to typos.
I would like to see a list of "typo" owners vs a list of whomever "us" and "many people" are.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It looks to me that these so-called second-level generic holders (vast majority which don't get any meaningful traffic) are becoming tired waiting for years and years to be approached by interested buyers for their so-called "prime properties" and are now starting to get realy jealous with typoholders because they see with their own eyes that typoholders are making tons more money than them.

Jealousy is ugly thing, and it surely looks like its starting to rear its ugly head on a regular basis here.

The biggest typoholders in the universe aren't ashamed to be publicly american-based (or to have public endorsements of their business from "respected members" of domain community plastered all over their websites"):

LaPorte Holdings (now called ChestertonHoldings.com)
Navigation Catalyst System

YET I'm not jealous when I see that they registered 10 variants of each trafficed domain in existence, because if the system let's them do that legally, or if the system charges xx,xxx for typo drops, then what is the damn problem!!??

If they make trilions, I say great,

...because If some redneck from Oklahoma or some such God-forsaken place was allowed to register every world's geographical city and country .com (99% of foreign cities and countries were originally registered by americans) back in the days without even knowing to show those places on the world's map (talking about not having an ounce of damn legitimate interest) I say what is wrong with this picture?

According to your twisted bullshit logic, typosquaters are bad for registering CarteeeenNetwerc.com or some such crap, but some farmer from Obesetown or Hicksville can register Philippines.com and that's fine with you??

Oh please shut your pie holes.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for setting everything straight for the 1,000s of large generic domain holders who I'm sure are dependent on various local charities due to the worthlessness of generic domains. Perhaps they can ask the big fat TM-portfolio holders for a spec of meat off the bone every now and then?

In fact, I'd expect to see 10,000s of premium generic domains dropped over the next few months now that you've shed light on what's really going on here. I bet there won't be a single bidder on Pool and Snapnames for the domains either.

I would imagine everyone will now be funneling those renewal fees into TM-typos which are a much better investment.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
financialtraffic said:
Thanks for setting everything straight for the 1,000s of large generic domain holders who I'm sure are dependent on various local charities due to the worthlessness of generic domains. Perhaps they can ask the big fat TM-portfolio holders for a spec of meat off the bone every now and then?

In fact, I'd expect to see 10,000s of premium generic domains dropped over the next few months now that you've shed light on what's really going on here. I bet there won't be a single bidder on Pool and Snapnames for the domains either.

I would imagine everyone will now be funneling those renewal fees into TM-typos which are a much better investment.

^Another wounded ego applying a misdirected emotion^.

The truly valuable generics, the kind that get good traffic, prestige and price, are held by the biggest FEW players like Digimedia, Anything, Reflex, Marchex, N.A. etc... what's left for the rest, ie. the smaller "generic" players, are mostly second-level "generix" the kind that get 10 type-in visits per day... Compare that to any respectable typofolio that get hundreds and thousands uniques per name, and pretty soon you will notice a difference, not only in the daily ppc income, but also in the ability to sell those domains in question.

While you will wait for years (in vain) to maybe sell your hard-acquired generic domain for $xx,xxx (the one that is honestly worth low or mid $x,xxx at best), the typo dude can sell his regfee domain for $xx,xxx in less than 20 min.

Say it ain't so ;-)

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:
While you will wait for years (in vain) to maybe sell your hard-acquired generic domain for $xx,xxx (the one that is honestly worth low or mid $x,xxx at best), the typo dude can sell his regfee domain for $xx,xxx in less than 20 min.

Say it ain't so ;-)

Robbing banks has a nice margin too.

But is has a big downside if you get caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom