Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domaincar

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:
...biggest FEW players like Digimedia, Anything, Reflex, Marchex, N.A. etc...

actually you might want to check the zone files again... DigiMedia has a LOT of premium DNs (quite a lot of LL.NET/.COM) so your statement is largely incorrect.

I'm not siding here, as I believe in the most basic principle of money markets & capitalism "..there's no money tree, if one exists or suddently appears, it gets exploited by a few and corrects itself in short period of time".

I am sure Sedo/Fabulous and other's announcements wrt TM domains have sent shivering across all TM portfolio holders and all it remains to be seen is how Google will react which IMHO is the BIGGEST Parking program w/major TM typos.

People chose to invest their money in many ways and no-one should be allowed to comment on that... be it TM or non-typo domains.. We're NOT in two different camps here, we all belong to the same industry (let alone the same forum) ;)

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't buy typos, but it is not so Morally Wrong in the scheme of things. If someone builds a giant shopping mall and you are sharp enough to buy some land right next to it and put up a store, then you just capitalized on the traffic that is coming to the mall......Morally speaking, it isnt much worse than that. I am a white person living in a country that lived off the backs of generations of black people to get where it is today.....that is something to be outraged about.

There is a system in place for those who want to protect their Trademarks....all they have to do is file a dispute. Any infinging site that gets too big will likely be forced to change plans on a moments notice. To me, it is more outrageous to see people putting up threads where they are seeking to acquire revenue names for just a few months revenue. Those people are a joke....anyone who would sell a good revenue name for that amount is obviously a fool....or uninformed.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WhoDatDog said:
I don't buy typos, but it is not so Morally Wrong in the scheme of things. If someone builds a giant shopping mall and you are sharp enough to buy some land right next to it and put up a store, then you just capitalized on the traffic that is coming to the mall......Morally speaking, it isnt much worse than that. I am a white person living in a country that lived off the backs of generations of black people to get where it is today.....that is something to be outraged about.

There is a system in place for those who want to protect their Trademarks....all they have to do is file a dispute. Any infinging site that gets too big will likely be forced to change plans on a moments notice. To me, it is more outrageous to see people putting up threads where they are seeking to acquire revenue names for just a few months revenue. Those people are a joke....anyone who would sell a good revenue name for that amount is obviously a fool....or uninformed.

A contrast with slavery which exposes your own white guilt?! Huh?

What a tangential, disjointed, ridiculous, and utterly pathetic argument!

"Morally speaking.." cybersquatting is theft. It is taking something to which one is not entitled. PERIOD.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is merely accepting the known risks and weighing them against the monetary benefits - nothing more, nothing less.

Benefits, those of which in this case signifigantly outweigh those said risks of losing a stupid domain name..

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theft
"theft (also known as stealing) is the wrongful taking of someone else's property"

Unregged domain is NO property at all. Regged domain is property in sense of renting a right from (ICANN ?) this domain to be resolved to my IP for certain time with prior right to prolong this time.

I have regged the domain, it is my property. Or someone else did and I bought this property from him, so it is my property either.

Theft would be stealing domain from someone, because I would be stealing the right to resolve the domain.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theft
"theft (also known as stealing) is the wrongful taking of someone else's property" Unregged domain is NO property at all. Regged domain is property in sense of renting a right from (ICANN ?) this domain to be resolved to my IP for certain time with prior right to prolong this time.I have regged the domain, it is my property. Or someone else did and I bought this property from him, so it is my property either. Theft would be stealing domain from someone, because I would be stealing the right to resolve the domain.
Sheesh! Talk about twisting something to fit your own purposes. You're not stealing the unregged name Skipper, you're USING the name as a tool to misdirect / steal the traffic from the TM holder's site. Don't play stupid, you're doing it intentionally. You're also stealing the time people spend out there trying to get to the correct site. That's one reason our little industry gets a black eye from your actions. You are stealing away our image and making people think we're all guilty of the sleazy stuff you do. You make a concious decision to sell us out so you can make a buck. Reminds me of a quote from "Wallstreet" the movie. "Not only would you sell your Mother, you'd send her C.O.D"

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is that deal with Verisign ? wanting to redirect all eror page traffic (from unreg'd typo's that don't resolve) from when people goto the wrong place, something that certain people have calculated would earn hundreds of millions..all landing to their own universal parking page instead of that "page not found" you get now with IE...what happened with that?

I think we were on the "same page" so to speak with that idea! :eek:k: Imagine the legal nightmare that would be!

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
steal the traffic from the TM holder's site

Buffoon, didn't you have had enough ?

You are stealing away our image and making people think we're all guilty of the sleazy stuff you do.

If people are hating domainers is not because of CREATING new traffic from typos (unless it leads them to pop-up hell, which no serious domain parking program creates anyway).

People hate so called "honest" domainers because they regged all fine names long time ago, do not use it and ask exorbitant ammounts if someone would like to build some project on it. And because of catching expired names which someone forgot to renew and asking big money if someone want "his" domain back.

For "honest" domainer, like you claim to be, typo-traffic catcher like me is thieve, criminal, bad english speaking person hiding in foreign country (one would say whoever does not live in US is for you in "hiding"). But when the public should decide, who is worse, I dare to say, it would be YOU.

And you are using "us" and "we" - how many of "we" is there without any TM typo ? Again I dare to say you are in vast minority, Baffoon, very vast minority...

If "we" you mean people like you, I am not with this kind of "we" in any relationship, therefore I do not care about this kind of "we".

Not only would you sell your Mother, you'd send her C.O.D

Again mixing my mother in it (I know the movie indeed) - I think you got some problem, I guess sexually abused kid became sociopath in you...

Hay, Buffoon, read here few examples of what public think about YOU and other "honest" domainers:
http://www.webgurusforum.com/2/8/0
http://www.jessewarden.com/archives/2004/01/well_that_didnt.html
http://www.smart-keywords.com/2005/03/i-hate-domain-resellers.htm
http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-69212.html
http://forums.gottadeal.com/archive/index.php/t-11234.html
http://beta.twelvestone.com/forum_thread/view/5311
http://www.xtrinity.com/vignette/category/geek/
http://www.shanmonster.com/archives/20000714.html
http://www.andrewferguson.net/2005/10/25/trying-to-buy-a-domain/
http://www.fan-groups.com/post/3036/hogwarts-library.net?.html
http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?comments=2872
http://www.frontpagetalk.com/forums/m_58648/mpage_/printable.htm

See Buffoon ? It is better to be called a "thieve" from some psychopathic looser in Smallville than to be hated by major population...

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
If people are hating domainers is not because of CREATING new traffic from typos (unless it leads them to pop-up hell, which no serious domain parking program creates anyway).
You're delusional again there Skipper. You don't create any traffic, you just misdirect existing traffic from where it was intended and charge for the favor.
It is better to be called a "thieve"
It's spelled THIEF and if you're going to make a living being one, you should know how to spell it. You need to learn the difference between the terms Domainer (me) and Squatter (you). The forum used to be a pretty nice place before your type showed up. I have a number of the older members pm'ing me voicing the same thing.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's spelled THIEF and if you're going to make a living being one, you should know how to spell it. You need to learn the difference between the terms Domainer (me) and Squatter (you). The forum used to be a pretty nice place before your type showed up. I have a number of the older members pm'ing me voicing the same thing.

A squatter is someone who holds a domain not for the purpose of developing it, either for future reselling or domain parking.

or url redirecting.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It does REALLY suck that people own domains like mall.com, pricequote.com, and thousands of others that sit there and do nothing but have a parking page and if you want to buy it then it cost's 10,000,000 ....people have not gotten into typo's and tm's by choice but by popular demand for traffic and thus it's PPC earnings...it's a simple means of availability and being readily accesible for a nominal cost...I would take generic high traffic names over typos any day but reality does not always allow for this...domainers being the enterprising and resourceful people we are find a way around the road blocks to making cash...the road block being the certain "MONOPOLY" just a few in this industry have from grabbing up all the valuable namespace and are holding it over everyones head for sometimes ridiculous prices, not saying that is wrong - but just unfortunate for everyone else...this is the best explanation I can give to the whole matter....no need for you guys to keep arguing over it..everyone is right and wrong here to some extent and alot of us are trying to build revenue and go 100% legit with generics if finances allow..unfortunately it is ALWAYS about the money.

Chris

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The other day I decided to randomly enter generic terms .com to see how many were web-sites, I hit 10 out of 10 parked pages. Some of these are a total waste. Great names doing nothing. I've contacted a few owners requesting to purchase names for development, offering a few k, and they responded multiplying by 10-100. I'm quite sure some of these names make less than $100/year.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you just misdirect existing traffic

There would not be any traffic without my domain. But OK, what about the part where people hate "domainers" like you ? Again - it is better to be called a thief by some hysterical buffoon from Smallwille with inferiority complex than to be hated by so many people...

It's spelled THIEF

I am glad a Buffoon which can speak only one language corrected (again) my typo to prove his "superiority".

Funny is, it is very same Buffoon which wrote in this thread:
http://www.dnforum.com/f71/nov-9-me-there-lot-great-names-dropping-today-thread-120169.html
"typosquatters are theives"
"you're a theif and a slimeball"

The forum used to be a pretty nice place before your type showed up

You mean like before you could call people names and they didn't strike back ? Or no TM typo "foreign scum hiding in stinkin China" was here present ?

It's horrible, I totally screwed this forum, I am always attacking innocent honest domainers, I even forced owner of this forum to sell some of his TM typos here...

Definitely it is not YOU who is starting the flamewars. Even today - I just dared to express my opinion, and you just rightfully answered to me I am a thief. Because to express my opinion it is actually attack to a honest domainer like yourselves...

Domainer (me) and Squatter (you)

Wrong. Squatter YOU, typo-squatter ME.

BTW if domainer would mean Baffoon like you, I am glad I am no "domainer".

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fab said:
A squatter is someone who holds a domain not for the purpose of developing it, either for future reselling or domain parking.

or url redirecting.
Disagree. Don't know where you got that definition, but it's wrong. A Squatter is either a Cyber-Squatter, or a Typo-Squatter and it involves a Trademark (TM). Typos of generics are NOT a problem, and the use of those is actually smart. Domainers are those that profit by the ownership and use of non-TM infringing domains. Now, a Domainer can do generics, and typos, but he can also turn to the DARK SIDE and become a Squatter. But Denny/Skipper there is "Proud to be a 100% TypoSquatter" and makes the diSTINKtion.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
* me and Stocdoctor have a cease fire agreement - in case ya'll did'nt notice already...lol

This is entertaining to watch though I must admit..maybe why the mods let it keep going for so long...us crazy kids

IMO, there should be anti-monopoly laws for the Internet just like there is in other major businesses involving alot of people and money..

maybe even a requirement for top level names to actually be used for something other than parking or sitting...hopefully if PPC "dies out" then this will be the case?! (I can always dream right?)

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Disagree. Don't know where you got that definition, but it's wrong. A Squatter is either a Cyber-Squatter, or a Typo-Squatter and it involves a Trademark (TM). Typos of generics are NOT a problem, and the use of those is actually smart. Domainers are those that profit by the ownership and use of non-TM infringing domains. Now, a Domainer can do generics, and typos, but he can also turn to the DARK SIDE and become a Squatter. But Denny/Skipper there is "Proud to be a 100% TypoSquatter" and makes the diSTINKtion

OK, this a quote from one countries domain registration rules. I can bring numerous others as well.

5.6 Why is there a limit on the number of domains per organization (10)?

The main reason for this limitation is to prevent Domain Name warehousing. Domain Names are there to be used on the Internet - for Web sites, e-mail or any other Internet use. "cybersquatting" (i.e. when a person or company grabs up a large number of Domain Names - not to use them - but rather in hope of "selling" them in the future.

Note, that this limitation is not uncommon among country-code Top-Level Domain (ccTLD) registries. In some countries, only one Domain Name per company is allowed (individuals without a registered commercial operation are not allowed to hold commercial Domain Names).

Please note that 10 names are allowed per legal entity (person or company). To date, this limitation has proved to be realistic and viable even for large companies.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
turn to the DARK SIDE and become a Squatter

And let me guess - I will go to the Hell and you will go to the Heaven...

Skipper there is "Proud to be a 100% TypoSquatter" and makes the diSTINKtion

Buffoon here is a honest domainer and makes verbal exCREMEnts ;)

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
* me and Stocdoctor have a cease fire agreement - in case ya'll did'nt notice already...lol
That is true. Tried to get Denny007 to accept the same agreement to just stick to the issues and cut out the personal crap, but he said no. So he's still the "Skipper" and has his own theme song. http://alanhale.com/

fab said:
OK, this a quote from one countries domain registration rules. I can bring numerous others as well.
Then I would question the definition of that source being a "Country". :cheeky: Only rules I care about are the ones established in the US anyway. Besides, it's primarily the US trademarks and .coms that are used by the Cyber and Typo Squatters anyways right? So shouldn't those rules then apply to their use?

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Buffoon aka Stocdoctor has his own homepage here: http://www.balloonbuffoon.com/

BTW if you would check few posts in this thread earlier, I just posted my opinion, did not mention you - your answer was 3 times in bold calling me a thief... Is always YOU who is starting, what shell I say...

would question the definition of that source being a "Country"

Yeah we already know that for you is the only country USA and the rest of the world is just "Botswannalands" or "PingPongs"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom