Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Dubai.info sold for $35,000 (Nice dot info sale)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That INAIC thing, looks like .......fake.
It has a hidden whois information. The domain was created on 2005 and I've never heard of it before...I was already an adult when internet was born.

LOL....... it even has Google ads!!!!!! haha

Developper

I am creating new gTLD's
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, I did some reading.

1) This site tells me there are multiple registrars for different types of TLDs: http://inaic.com/index.php?p=tld-registrars
2) This is the global whois for TLDS: http://inaic.com/index.php?p=global-tld-whois

ICANN is specifically for the gTLDs, which are extremely difficult and as you said, expensive. However, other types of TLDs can be registered online.

So my question, why would INAIC allow me to delegeate .dubai? (all TLDs registered through ICANN or other TLD registrars resolve the same data)

Dear Nick,

you made a point there. ICANN is ONE of several roots. 99% (thats a guess) of all ISP's use the 13 ICANN root servers, the exception are those ISP's that are in dictatures like China. China runs their own rootzone for example.

If you are an average american, or average german or latvian, brasilian or whatever, and if you connect to the internet through an ISP, then you use automaticly ICANN's root.

So even if YOU would run ".dubai" at the INAIC zone, nobody could reach the "domains.dubai".

TLD's ARE complicated :yes:

And yes, the INAIC website looks stupid.......! You probably need some plugin for your browser to reach the TLD's they have added.

Imagine that the USA, Europe, China, India and so on each had their own RootZone. Within that RootZone everything would be OK, but if I sit here in europe, and want to go to DNF.com to write this message, then I am already lost, for maybe dnf.com in the EUROPEAN rootzone would route somewhere else than in the US rootzone.

It's vital that there is only ONE root. And everyone uses ICANN's root.

Last edited:

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Developer: Thanks for the explanation......

But still.... that's pretty much sounds like.... a scam... don't you think?

I remember that was a software that sort of hacked your network protocols in order to reach those weird TLDs.

<sarcasm on>

Oops!! ICANN website doesn't show INAIC approved registrar logo!!
We are in big trouble!!!

<sarcasm off>

Last edited:

Nick81

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Perfect. Now those are more productive and informative responses. Thank you.

Dear Nick,

you made a point there. ICANN is ONE of several roots. 99% (thats a guess) of all ISP's use the 13 ICANN root servers, the exception are those ISP's that are in dictatures like China. China runs their own rootzone for example.

If you are an average american, or average german or latvian, brasilian or whatever, and if you connect to the internet through an ISP, then you use automaticly ICANN's root.

So even if YOU would run ".dubai" at the INAIC zone, nobody could reach the "domains.dubai".

TLD's ARE complicated :yes:

And yes, the INAIC website looks stupid.......! You probably need some plugin for your browser to reach the TLD's they have added.

Imagine that the USA, Europe, China, India and so on each had their own RootZone. Within that RootZone everything would be OK, but if I sit here in europe, and want to go to DNF.com to write this message, then I am already lost, for maybe dnf.com in the EUROPEAN rootzone would route somewhere else than in the US rootzone.

It's vital that there is only ONE root. And everyone uses ICANN's root.
Just did some more reading. The INAIC is not necessarily a scam, it is an attempt at having a more "free" internet. It is working with the public-root (http://public-root.com/) which is another non-profit organization which is also assisting in this initiative.

So, any thoughts on what public-root, INAIC, etc. are attempting to do? I understand that it would be next to impossible for them to "win" what appears to be a battle against ICANN (USA) dominance in this matter.

Nick81

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm.....and a $50,000 USD non-refundable fee by ICANN is not trying to make money?

Actually, now that I think about it, I guess the fee makes sense as there needs to be a lot of stability on the net. Ensuring that the big "ballers" own TLDs ensures that they have the money to operate as well.....I guess.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sure, they also make money :)

So, everyone else can try :)

DOMAINERIE.EU

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No wonder, I've sold dubaicity.net for an acceptable price.
And offers for dubaï.com (French IDN) are more than acceptable.

Dabsi

DubaiDiamond

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I just registered a bunch of .ae domains on www.weboasis.ae. I have been doing .ae by hand (i am local in dubai). this site has been a long time coming. totally secure and they processed the order in like 6 hrs which is the best of any of the sites i have tried to use here (most are bogus).

Last edited:

SuperDaddy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thats amazing, and thats the highest .info sale i ever seen so far?

Great job to the seller lolz

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom