Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

other Ernest from Bido checking in

This is a discussion about another domain name register/company not listed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ERPowell

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi I posted in the intro forum and wanted to post here in our section as well. If I may help with anything at Bido, please let me know. :)

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can you talk about the change at Bido to switch to Hourly auctions?

I would think you need a lot of traffic to make that work. I DO hope it works well! But somehow I feel some worry. But then, I felt the same thing when Bido started and it seems to be doing well.

How many domains will you auction each day?

And here is the big question: if the domains sold, in the hourly format, start averaging a lot lower price than when you did one per day, what then?

ERPowell

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can you talk about the change at Bido to switch to Hourly auctions?

I would think you need a lot of traffic to make that work. I DO hope it works well! But somehow I feel some worry. But then, I felt the same thing when Bido started and it seems to be doing well.

How many domains will you auction each day?

And here is the big question: if the domains sold, in the hourly format, start averaging a lot lower price than when you did one per day, what then?

Hi, ksinclair

We have been doing hourly auctions for some time now. We have recently just started doing multiple auctions per day. Please join us today at 1pm to have a look at what we are doing. :)

Thank You
ksinclair

Last edited:

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, ksinclair

We have been doing hourly auctions for some time now. We have recently just started doing multiple auctions on the hour. Please join us today at 1pm to have a look in what we are doing. :)

Thank You
ksinclair

You did not answer my question.

If you are selling multiple domains per day, instead of the once per day that you used to do, what if the average price per domain goes down? Your site makes a big point about 'accurate pricing'. If you run multiple auctions per day, and the traffic did not support this, then prices can drop. What will bido do if that happens?

ERPowell

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You did not answer my question.

It's no secret that Bido could not survive on only one domain per day. So long as the people that sell with Bido are aware that they must market their auctions to achieve the highest sale prices possible, the average sale price may remain constant. The community now votes on what goes to auction. The best of the best will be auctioned, and sellers will be empowered to market their auctions. The point on our website regarding Accurate Pricing is in regards to our No Reserve auctions where the prices the domains are sold for are what the market would bear at that moment, as well as Accurate Pricing refers to the fact that pressure is put on sellers to price their reserves accurately. Our fee structure is designed to ensure quality domains are listed and sellers use realistic and accurate reserve prices.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators