Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Former registrar still has DNS control over domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodash

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Just wondering of someone knows the answer to this. Some weeks ago I transferred 32 names away from Dynadot to another registrar, yet I now find that Dynadot still has DNS control over these names. They have acknowledged that the names were transferred out, but in the same instance they say I can go into my Dynadot account and change the nameservers.

Can this happen? I thought the registrar the names were with had complete control over the DNS (and nameservers).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Rod

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Just wondering of someone knows the answer to this. Some weeks ago I transferred 32 names away from Dynadot to another registrar, yet I now find that Dynadot still has DNS control over these names. They have acknowledged that the names were transferred out, but in the same instance they say I can go into my Dynadot account and change the nameservers.

Can this happen? I thought the registrar the names were with had complete control over the DNS (and nameservers).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Rod

If the names have been transferred into your account at another ICANN approved registrar, just ignore anything dynadot say. They are probably just sending you template emails.
You need to be talking to the gaining registrar if you are having an issue with DNS
Not sure what you mean by "Dynadot still has DNS control over these names"
You do not mention what happens when you login to the new registrar, so it is difficult to help you with a DNS issue
Are you saying that you have changed the DNS at the new registrar without any effect.
What does the new registrar say about that?
What registrar is in the whois?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All you should need to do is change the DNS for the domains with the new registrar. A lot of times when domains transfer from one registrar to another they will keep the same DNS settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom