Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy logs me out all the time. Its very frustrating. Often I have things in the cart, and go to research something relating to a domain; by the time I get back, I have been logged out and lose the cart. FRUSTRATING.

There is no reason for it. All other registrars I use stay open much longer, some for days. I dont see any security issue at all for them to change the timeout, maybe from 20 minutes or whatever it is right now, to a couple hours.

How to convince godaddy to do this? I did email to [email protected]. Normally, godaddy is responsive to suggestions, but this seems to be a sticking point.

Kevin

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have the same complaint! GoDaddy logouts are far too quick.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GD annoying...nah :)

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
KSinclair, man, do I hear you.....lol, yes, thru and thru, my sentiments too. Not worth it suggesting ANY changes to GD, or even complaining on open forums, I do that all the time out of frustration, they're too big to care, it is maddening

What pisses me off about the super quick timeout is that it happens when I'm at home, they log you out soooo quick all the time and we lose all we'd been working on, it's like 10 mins, maybe less, and that's AT HOME. If you were elsewhere, then a quicker timeout would be better tolerated, for security reasons, but GD makes no distinction. We should be allowed 30 mins at least if at the home PC imo

Another thing that's not mentioned often here is that their cart starts unloading items quickly unless you pay immediately, last time I had free privacy on the cart since I was transfering 5 names to GD, I went to check something else, came back and forgot to refresh the damn cart, then I paid, and ....the cart had taken off the 5 free privacies but had left all 5 names. Next time you're transferring or regging several names at a time (and may be getting free privacy) check before you pay, you'll see that the cart starts unloading your items in no particular order all by itself, I'd much prefer the cart emptied itself then I'd know not to pay and start over

Last edited:

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know for a fact Go Daddy reps come to DNF to check for negative comments but they don't identify themselves, I've never seen one come fwd or help w/a problem except once but he sounded more like a support mgr and he's not here often, I'll check if I still have the thread and give his username, or pm one of the mods, they may know

Is there an active godaddy rep, here on the forum?

Alien8ed

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
100000% agree with you, Its so freaking annoying :rant::rant::rant:

Domonetise

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I tend to refresh the page every 5 mins or so to make sure I stay logged in, a real pain but better than having to go find evrything you had in your cart.

GoDaddy could be losing out on loads of sales. :clock:

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can assure Godaddy that they HAVE lost revenue. I go to make a final bid after taking a short phone call, hit Submit, and I'm sent to the login page... and I lose the auction to a lower bidder.

There is absolutely no reason for the session to be that short.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The timeout is short because it's the time it takes to shoot an elephant :D

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another thing that's not mentioned often here is that their cart starts unloading items quickly unless you pay immediately, last time I had free privacy on the cart since I was transfering 5 names to GD, I went to check something else, came back and forgot to refresh the damn cart, then I paid, and ....the cart had taken off the 5 free privacies but had left all 5 names. Next time you're transferring or regging several names at a time (and may be getting free privacy) check before you pay, you'll see that the cart starts unloading your items in no particular order all by itself, I'd much prefer the cart emptied itself then I'd know not to pay and start over

Yes this is annoying, promo codes will also reset....even though it looks like the discount is applied to the shoppingcart.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't look at the Godaddy girls and your session will last a little bit longer.

The good news is there is no penalty for early withdrawal

GoDaddyGuy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kevin,
Thank you for emailing our suggestions email with your concerns.

I just wanted to let you know that I've read through this thread and will be sharing everyone's concerns internally.

I appreciate you all taking the time to express your thoughts on the time-out delay. We appreciate the feedback and while, it is in place as a security measure, I'm happy to have the suggestion reviewed.

Thanks again, everyone!

^Cj
Go Daddy Social Media

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyway GodaddyGuy there can be a links in the account settings somewhere that when a customer logs in they can opt out of the timed out situation and disable the captcha code when entering multiple bulk searches, second most annoying thing for me with Godaddy.

Last edited:

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, they made a change, now it's REALLY screwed up.

You get a pop-up saying that you're going to be logged out (with a clock ticking down the seconds), but if you click 'stay logged in' anything you do gets a "database error". Absolutely nothing works and you lose the cart. The only thing you can do is manually log out... where you learn about the OTHER change:

The login is now an entirely new screen, now 3 menus away from the auctions. So after you flounder away trying to get the website to work, manually logging out, logging back in, you're now on a new screen that doesn't even have Auctions on the menu. Bye-bye to the domain you were trying to buy.

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FYI, I have had similair problems with internet Explorer and Firefox. However, for some reason, when I use Google Chrome as my browser, I can stay logged-in for over one day at a time, with no issues, other than if I'm using FTP, which still logs me out after some time, but nowhere near as fast as the other two mentioned browsers.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To be honest, the whole website is a poor user experience. It's not just about fixing that timeout.

Too many clicks involved, javascript, ajax the UI is slow to load. Non-intuitive, bloated interface (you still can't set default name servers ? I always have to log in to set name servers on names won at the auctions).
Everything is just too slow and takes too much time.
It was never built with accessibility, usability and productivity in mind.
Basically the opposite of Dynadot.

Fortunately I only use Go.daddy for acquisitions then I transfer away.

Stop whining, have a look at the competing registrars :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom