Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

question How many domain names do you have now?

This is a general or domain name related question.
Domain summit 2024

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see. Better to have a smaller portfolio with higher quality domains.
At some point I had more than 500+ .com domain names (thanks to Netsol $1 domain registration deal) but sold mostly to other investors and some to end-user

The only way this would be an ideal comparison is if you had all 80 - 90 domains on SH. Do you?

Only a small amount of my domains are on SH.

Maybe we also share our STR that would be great to check who is selling for profit.

My STR on SH

View attachment 5593

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe we also share our STR that would be great to check who is selling for profit.
Hi

STR doesn't determine profit,
it's only a percentage measurement, of the sold domains from a portfolio, during a year or any given period.

it's the margin of return on each sale, that adds up to whether the portfolio is profitable.

it's possible that:
one may not have had any sales this year, but still receive income from domaining
or
one may have had only 1 sale, but it was more than enough to cover entire holdings.
and
some turn down many offers, which affects STR, but that may not affect their operating budgets.
additionally,
STR can be affected by whether you only take inbound offers or if you're soliciting by email.

still, i only have a couple hundred domain names

mostly two word.com, LLL net/ LLL org, some LLLL.com and a few 3 character .com
also have a couple of IDN's, a .us name and 1 .co

i rarely sell more than a few names per year, if that many.

imo....

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi

it's only a percentage measurement, of the sold domains from a portfolio, during a year or any given period.

it's the margin of return on each sale, that adds up to whether the portfolio is profitable.

it's possible that:
one may not have had any sales this year, but still receive income from domaining
or
one may have had only 1 sale, but it was more than enough to cover entire holdings.
and
some turn down many offers, which affects STR, but that may not affect their operating budgets.
additionally,
STR can be affected by whether you only take inbound offers or if you're soliciting by email.

imo....
I agree with you and I understand what you said here. I only have a handful of domains on SH and I don't do outbound.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's true.

Hi

Look at someone like Rick Schwartz that has only sold 21 domains and made millions on PPC parking revenue.

Depends on the type of portfolio.

it's possible that:
or
and

Most domai investors do inbound I've found.

additionally,

Quality over quantity.

imo....

daren609

Level 1
Reaction score
I meet the guy who has 18K domains. Can you imagine the cost of all the domains + hosting, unless he's having a reseller account or something?

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I meet the guy who has 18K domains. Can you imagine the cost of all the domains + hosting, unless he's having a reseller account or something?
$135,000 per year if all .com and below cost at Epik.

But, you also have to think about how many sales he gets above $2000 each week with that. Quantity can work, if you also have quality.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"Hosting" isn't probably a major problem (you can point a lot of domains to a shared hosting if there isn't a ton of traffic). And a lot of people just use a selling platform lander and don't have any "hosting" at all. Renewals on the other hand, you have to pay. For every single domain you want to keep.

There is a girl named "Swetha" you may have heard talking about here and there (some other forums or on Twitter). She's often referred to as "the Queen of XYZ". You can see some good sales she's doing quite every week on Twitter. The thing to get a little jealous about ;)

But as @amplify mentions, quantity matters too. And when you have a look closer, she has 21K+ domains as of today (18K+ .xyz and some other extensions). Here it is: https://dan.com/domain-seller/domai...e-a4d0e10a1e70?&results=50&order_by=relevance

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a girl named "Swetha" you may have heard talking about here and there (some other forums or on Twitter). She's often referred to as "the Queen of XYZ". You can see some good sales she's doing quite every week on Twitter. The thing to get a little jealous about ;)
I am pretty jealous...
But as @amplify mentions, quantity matters too. And when you have a look closer, she has 21K+ domains as of today (18K+ .xyz and some other extensions). Here it is: https://dan.com/domain-seller/domai...e-a4d0e10a1e70?&results=50&order_by=relevance
...because these names were like $1 at times. But I didn't have conviction in it.

daren609

Level 1
Reaction score
Well quality of those websites are low, but statistics are high. I think guy is selling links to other websites.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators