Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Huge adjustment for yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxzsleds

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I just moved all of my domains back to Sedo. Happy Resurrection Saturday.

I kinda knew you would come back home to Sedo. Goodluck with the move.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I intend to use all the PPC providers, like the patron of the red light district girls to find the one that does it better.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Donny, I really don't like your snobby attitude. Nor the shaving of my earnings. So if my opinion really matters - and it does because I am the most active member on DNF - your service has a good setup, templates etc. but shitty payouts due to the adjustments.

Have a great Easter if you celebrate it.

I'm not trying to be snobby, I'm telling you the truth. I have never shaved, will never shave, and have no reason to shave anybody's account. And in fact, the other day when I found out which account was yours I gave your accont a raise, just because you had so many posts. I told your account manager who you were and told him to make sure to go through all of your domains. I went through your account myself Thursday night while I was on vacation with my family and I saw the clicks that you were paid for. This is when I asked James to take a look as well.

In your account for example on the 4th you had 32 clicks that just looking at the raw data that I know Yahoo wouldn't pay for. In a 4 minute period your nextxx.com domain received 32 clicks from 6 different ips different keywords, but no user agent. No user agent means Yahoo thinks it's a bot. I don't really know the original estimate on your overall account, but I'd assume that was a large portion of what was missing for the day I was looking at.

Donny

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Donny, read your post again. You might be saying that Sedo does not pay for multiple clicks, but I assure you they don't pay 4 cents for a single click.

I am not trying to bash your service, in fact it has many innovating features, such as referrers and the speed of the admin panel is second to none. However, it all comes down to making money and unfortunately my portfolio overall performs worse with your feed than it ever did with Sedo. I won't waste more time at Parked seeing the actual revenue be 1/2 or 1/3 of the estimates just because Yahoo thinks part of the traffic or the multiple clicks are not legit.

LucidPhoenix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I intend to use all the PPC providers, like the patron of the red light district girls to find the one that does it better.

Interesting analogy. Sometimes even the best whore has off times, while the worst whore can have inspired moments.

:uhoh:

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I'm sure all the parking companies are thrilled.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1112, as I said earlier you sent that PM to me instead. Check your outbox.
Thanks mate but I did send it to help section of the site!

1112 - Yes, everyday I wake up and see how much I can shave your account. It just makes me smile. Give me a break.

Donny

Hello Donny I will love to give you a break just why I ask you a genuine question, that when you were away for your b/day there was no shaving is that coincidence?

I real had a great respect for parked.com due to your easy to use system and your templates and aslo as a greater domainer who can afford to pay $1.5 M cash for cameras.com
It seems to me your doing very well but I start to wonder if this sucess is getting to you head turn you to this guy with snobby attitude!

I am Not happy Donny

Hello guys which one is better between Sedo pro and domainsponsors your feedback will be appriciate ?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that the best system would be a co-operative of domain owners, utilizing feeds. DCG at some point announced such an offer, other domain owners as well. However, none has taken off the ground a complete project of this scope.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that the best system would be a co-operative of domain owners, utilizing feeds. DCG at some point announced such an offer, other domain owners as well. However, none has taken off the ground a complete project of this scope.

GREAT IDEA
I think that will be great idea, as this industry is luck of transparency right now, I will be joining if we can start something like that

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Trouble is there is always at least one that takes a cut. The only way around that would be if a group of large portfolio owners got together and started a parking company staffed with employees not associated with any of the members.

Then you have this company rolling along and Yahoo calls and says we're charging you back $500,000 for illegitimate clicks. Click fraud is a big problem. It has caused Yahoo and Google to crank down the click fraud filter. They would rather not pay you for a legitimate click before they charge an advertiser for an illegitimate click.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Trouble is there is always at least one that takes a cut. The only way around that would be if a group of large portfolio owners got together and started a parking company staffed with employees not associated with any of the members.

There's probably room in this industry for this idea with a flat fee. Big players only. $1,000 monthly minimum for first 1,000 domains. $2,500 for up to 10,000 domains, $5,000 monthly for unlimited parking. Sevice charges for setup and changes. Something like that, publisher keeps 100% of revenue. You would have to pay net 30 or net 60 to catch chargebacks before paying out.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As the actual owners of domains, we inherently have the power to turn this PPC industry on its head. I wonder how many owners of domains that are parked are members of the top three DN sites? My guess would be a pretty high percentage.

Given the above, control of a vast amount of Google/Yahoo income (let alone the parking sites) is vested in people that are networked in a very small amount of 'space'; i.e. the big DN forums.

Maybe it's time to 'think out of the box' and come up with an idea that utilises our power and relative proximity to each other in terms of being able to network easily and come up with some new ideas.

I'm giving this some serious thought.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's time to 'think out of the box' and come up with an idea that utilises our power and relative proximity to each other in terms of being able to network easily and come up with some new ideas.

You thinking of some kind of "union" where domainers give their loyalty to certain companies that agree to adhere to a "domainers bill of rights"? I have thought about this. It's a two-way street though. Domainers need to treat their suppliers like partners, not like red-light district whores. I believe that a true professional treats their customers and suppliers with equal respect. That would mean not publicly accusing a company president of shaving revenues on every day except his birthday.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You thinking of some kind of "union" where domainers give their loyalty to certain companies that agree to adhere to a "domainers bill of rights"? I have thought about this. It's a two-way street though. Domainers need to treat their suppliers like partners, not like red-light district whores. I believe that a true professional treats their customers and suppliers with equal respect. That would mean not publicly accusing a company president of shaving revenues on every day except his birthday.

PPC companies earn their respect; it's not there by default. I asked questions that were not answered in a satisfactory manner. I got excuses, which I am not going to analyze further hoping that indeed are factual. When a company president says that 1) they allow multiple clicks but Sedo does not and 2) contradicts their statement by claiming the multiple clicks I received on one of my domains might be construed by Yahoo to be "bots", I am not giving that company a second chance to further **** with my traffic and revenue.

netfounder

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought not only Parked state,some other PPC company same thing.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, I'm much further 'out-of-the-box' than that. If you think about it, we could control the entire parking business -- we have that power. That's a LOT of power. Without us, Google and Yahoo would be significantly impoverished. When Google and Yahoo cannot deliver parked-page links, some advertisers would have to seriously rethink their marketing strategies online.

One thing I don't know is the percentage of earnings that G/Y get from parked and non-parked sites. I'm guessing that my argument holds little water given the coverage they have on non-parked pages. Still, the parking revenue must be fairly significant.

I haven't formed a clear path to all this, but I'm just voicing my basic thoughts. As is not uncommon with me, I have probably missed a significant part of the equation and for that you have my apologies in advance.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I think we would be surprised to know how important parked pages are to their revenue. Consider that the internet was not originally built for advertising revenue. Most traffic goes to sites that are there to do business, not advertise. Google gets no revenue from "bankofamerica.com" for example, but I'm sure they make millions from the parked typos.

Imm

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys, lets give Donny and Parked a break. The problem here lies with Yahoo's click validation/RPC and not parked. Seriously if you think about it logically, Parked's estimate is all the clicks deemed valid by it's click validation system and what Parked estimates Yahoo will pay you based on previous results of rpc of the same keywords, prior to Yahoo's own click validation system/actual advertiser's bid for that ad.

If Parked is shaving clicks, they would have done it during the estimates and not after when the actual yahoo statistics are out and that way you won't even know what hit you. Therefore if you really have to find something to put blame on parked, i would say that the estimates are a tad too lenient compared to yahoo's actual results. It's human nature to being disappointed and agitated when you are over-promised and under-delivered, I guess if Donny set the estimates to be more stringent that Yahoo's, under-promise and over-delivers, everyone will be pleasantly surprised and happy :).

If you are new to using parked, you may find that fine tuning the domain keyword helps (the auto keyword system by parked when you import is good but you can do better if you optimize it yourself), especially if you can get 1-click landers where the CTR is usually higher compared to 2-click landers. You can't set 1-click or 2-click landers with yahoo based parking but if you set a high advertiser bid volume keyword you usually get a 1-click lander (and of course must be related to your domain name).

As for Donny the man, his character is blunt and very straightforward. You may find him sounding a bit rude for the first time, but after that you will prefer him over everyone else that doesn't responds to your messages or gives you a very politically correct, typical customer service reply which does not answer your question in the first place :lol:

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That would mean not publicly accusing a company president of shaving revenues on every day except his birthday.

Duckinla, I think you got me in a wrong way, I did not accuse donny that is
shaving revenues on every day except his birthday,

That was more observation according to my data, you can't argue with Data, I analysis my data and find that the day donny was away for his birthday, is the same day where my stats remained almost the same to the estimate if any change, so I was curious to know if was coincedence.
that was the base of my question, basically I was asking if you need a human eye to shave the stats or the system do it outomatically as they data come from yahoo, You are one going there Duckinla

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ACROPLEX I've come to the conclusion that the best system would be a co-operative of domain owners, utilizing feeds. DCG at some point announced such an offer, other domain owners as well. However, none has taken off the ground a complete project of this scope.

aZooZa Maybe it's time to 'think out of the box' and come up with an idea that utilises our power and relative proximity to each other in terms of being able to network easily and come up with some new ideas.

I'm giving this some serious thought.

DUCKLINA
I am following all this very closely. I am not excluding anyone in the thread, but there are some interesting ideas going on.

Problem I see, is putting them into action. When I joined the forums late last fall, there was talk of this very thing. Turns out it is one of the longest threads on both forums.

But its talk. I like what I am hearing (reading). I am not sure how to pull it off, but count me in.

As for Parked, nothing made much sense to me. If I had moved over 500 domains names and they were there less than a week, how can any estimates be made on new domains parked there? Historically high traffic domains, domains that are up to seven years old, and have been successful for many years when parked elsewhere. How can all of a sudden clicks be erased, and actual PPC go from 16 cents down to 2 cents in about 3 days. Using just one domain as an example. Another had 20 clicks, and all 20 clicks were erased.

Okay, enough about that, enough about the others...they all are in it to make money, that is their purpose of being, that is why they exist.

My idea would be to combine forces and talents to create our own parked pages. We need to almost create a barter system. That barter system can be in the form of swapping services or space to achieve a common goal.

Initial cost for this? $0.00.
It's called the barter system.

If a person were to do a template(s) for a parked page, someone design headers and nice graphics particular to that page so everything is one of a kind and unique, fill will google or yahoo relevant ads to generate the income, and swap links to each others sites to feed off of each other. Each person hosts their page on their own server or service.

The above is just an example. This is just an idea, a concept...that's how things get started!

Say Acroplex has a site the features Greek travel and tourism. Rather than me repeat the effort, I include a link and possibly a mini banner to his site. aZooZa has a site devoted to pets. Acoplex includes a link on his site to aZooZa's pet site. Doc Com ain't got the time to do squat doesn't know that much about programming, is learning, but can knock out dynamic graphics and banners and mini banners in a matter of minutes. Joe Blow needs a header and he's a programmer, Doc wants a parked page. Joe Blow can do this with ease, Doc tells him the name of the site, the content he would like to have. Doc does his own header and banner and does it for Joe.

I know it sounds complicated and it might be but it does not have to be with some serious thought and effort. The Barter System. This is a forum. The forum should be able to come up with a system that benefits its members. We are the forum. We should be able to come up with a way to not only benefit me but everyone here.

We may have to give something to get something in return but what the heck. We are losing so much damn time bitching, talking and whining about this matter when we seriously need to grab this thing by the horns and pin it to the ground.

It can be done. And it can be done with minimal cost to each of us. What is the difference is Acro wants to charge me $30 to do a parked page and I want to charge $30.00 to do a banner? Zero. There is no difference.

We may just have to suck it up and get it done and work this out and work together in a truly cooperative effort. I am so sick of the shit and the hype from all these parking companies I am ready to pull out of all of them. Hell, I don't have to pull out. There are a couple that I am not sure are even in business anymore.

We would have to know our own keywords and our own market we are trying to reach. Perhaps we can start a new section for this very effort and list of services each is willing to provide or trade off in return.

Hells Bells...then when we pull this off, every one will want to pitch in and get involved. You see all that space devoted on the forum to parking services?

Gone. It can be ours.

No middle man, no one to blame for the failures but ourselves. Folks, there will not be any failures if we put our heads together and pull this off. It may take some on going efforts from us and some tweaking here and there and asking for help and suggestions.

Oh my God! We may ultimately end up with people working together rather than against each other to achieve a common goal. What a novel idea!

I am going to bed now. 5 am. Been up all night. Keep this thread alive and keep the ideas flowing. We have to take control of our own domains and pull each other along if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom