Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Huge adjustment for yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think you guys are probably over-reacting to an event that is temporary and isolated. Letting a 3rd party aggregate volume and then handle administration and management still seems to me the most rational approach. Are all your domains doing horribly or just a couple that get used as example?

I don't think is over-reacting, If you get 70% of you clicks and revenue dropped
then you will start to wonder and especial when you ask a genuine question and you get snobby attitude , come on mate

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to think that I am over-reacting. But I don't feel that way. My issues with Sedo go back to when they launched their auction service.

I was referring to the complaints about Parked.com more likely to be temporary and isolated. It seems clear from this forum that SEDO has been a problem for parked domains for a while. Most likely it comes from the success of their sales side. Probably not a lack of focus so much as a conscious decision. Most likely they realized that lower revshare could be paid to those who need to use SEDO parking to sell their domains.

Anyway, I think there are several innovative ideas still to come to the parking game, on the side of publishers and parking companies. But I think more likely they will involve collaborating with parking companies rather than trying to cut them out altogether. The good ones have a very important infrastructure already in place.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another way for few domain owers with atleast 1000 domains to join together and start the parking company and apply for feed from google and yahoo and everyone would have same access to the system. and there was no cut , you get what google and yahoo gives you, and we can contribute small fee for software, template making and hosting if needed or everyone can host on their own server and just we pay to host the parking software

by the way anyone know the best script out there for a domain parking service

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was referring to the complaints about Parked.com more likely to be temporary and isolated. It seems clear from this forum that SEDO has been a problem for parked domains for a while. Most likely it comes from the success of their sales side. Probably not a lack of focus so much as a conscious decision. Most likely they realized that lower revshare could be paid to those who need to use SEDO parking to sell their domains.

Anyway, I think there are several innovative ideas still to come to the parking game, on the side of publishers and parking companies. But I think more likely they will involve collaborating with parking companies rather than trying to cut them out altogether. The good ones have a very important infrastructure already in place.
Gotcha. I won't rule anything out or in. I'll continue to monitor this whole matter. Surprisingly, there has been a lack of strong vocal support from those promoting Parked on this forum, or perhaps we're drowning them out.

I was thinking I might be kind of shooting myself in the foot here. But I don't have to have domains parked at sedo to sell at sedo, if I recall correctly. So, no, no NEEDS to use Sedo parking to SELL on sedo (the cap emphasis is purely for my own benefit). As a matter of fact, while typing this an offer came in from sedo. The third one within a week and a half. Nothing earth shattering. But I have not responded or made counter offers to any, yet.

I know that this supposedly is going to be a major topic at the upcoming Rountable. I have been asked by a couple of sides to offer input. Perhaps now would not be a good time to talk to me about parking. The infrastucture may be there, but I think there are some major cracks taking place.

You do bring up some very good points and I appreciate the input. Odd, this is not my thread but it seems to have become one simply from defending the original postee's point and reading the suggestions.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another way for few domain owers with atleast 1000 domains to join together and start the parking company and apply for feed from google and yahoo and everyone would have same access to the system. and there was no cut , you get what google and yahoo gives you, and we can contribute small fee for software, template making and hosting if needed or everyone can host on their own server and just we pay to host the parking software

Again, I think ideas like this are near-sighted and don't comprehend the amount of administration and management that is required. For starters, someone has to take in large sums of money each month and be trusted to distribute it. Someone has to handle customer service issues, addition and deletion of domains, etc. Someone has to be the point to communicate with Google on daily basis. That's why I keep saying, better to work with the systems already in place than try to reinvent one.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

by the way anyone know the best script out there for a domain parking service
Not sure if there are specific requirements as a group or what. Worth exploring. PM sent.

A For starters, someone has to take in large sums of money each month and be trusted to distribute it. Someone has to handle customer service issues, addition and deletion of domains, etc.
Point taken. That is why I think the alternative, were something like this to be done, to work together but manage individual portfolios. Have the support system in place as a group or community or cooperative barter system, but self management of portfolios.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys I would love to help you out, but could you continue this in the "PPC Companies General Discussion" forum. I watched another group of frustrated domainers like yourself self-implode when their domainer owned parking company couldn't get a contract.

I wish ya'll the best, but it's really not as easy as you think in the end.

Donny

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
frustrated domainers
Donny
That is exactly what we are, and most domainers don't get a fair share as most BIG guys taking advantage of the situation, but I can see that one day all this will change and every one will gat a fair share of their hard work, This industry is wild wild west right now, But wouldn't be like this for long time that is for sure

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is exactly what we are, and most domainers don't get a fair share as most BIG guys taking advantage of the situation, but I can see that one day all this will change and every one will gat a fair share of their hard work, This industry is wild wild west right now, But wouldn't be like this for long time that is for sure

You also see the ones that are complaining are always the same people

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
And the ones that rush to kiss ass are always the same affiliate id bunch. When we complain it's not because we have "domain PMS". It's for issues that are real.

Anyway, the discussion has indeed exceeded the scope of this thread. Best of luck to Donny Osmond and Parked.

ofaint

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why don't you contact the advertisers directly?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And the ones that rush to kiss ass are always the same affiliate id bunch. When we complain it's not because we have "domain PMS". It's for issues that are real.

Anyway, the discussion has indeed exceeded the scope of this thread. Best of luck to Donny Osmond and Parked.

wow, acro this is not sedo thread, so why are you here

and as you see, don said that 1112 everyday sends emails and complains that the revenue is not the same as it was yesterday. THIS IS NOT NORMAL. he most have some kind problem, similar to yours, call it PMS, mental illness or whatever you like.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I am here because I felt like it, stuff. If you want to act like my mom you need to make me some pancakes as well.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am here because I felt like it, stuff. If you want to act like my mom you need to make me some pancakes as well.

I always thought you where something like 50 and don´t need a mom, but now if i look at your writings, I would say you most be something like 15 or 16. I understand now. I think you most make enough in sedo parking, please go an buy yourself pancakes, they don`t cost that much. Or sedo really pays that low?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Stuff, go stuff yourself bud. I will bitch and whine all I want to when there is reason to do so (like Parked acting like a bunch of pricks) and there is nothing you can do about it. Don't tick me off too much though on a Monday morning, because I'll come on you like a brick shithouse.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stuff, go stuff yourself bud. I will bitch and whine all I want to when there is reason to do so (like Parked acting like a bunch of pricks) and there is nothing you can do about it. Don't tick me off too much though on a Monday morning, because I'll come on you like a brick shithouse.

well actually I could if I wanted, I could simply add you to ignore list.
But then out off forum`s 500 daily new posts would 250 not viewable to me.
so nothing to read and nothing to do
this weeping is going a little ....

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My joke about 1112, is because he has been with Parked for almost a year now and I probably talk to him about once a week whenever the domain on one of his domains drops. He is a good guy and I everytime it's the same question.

Donny

and as you see, don said that 1112 everyday sends emails and complains that the revenue is not the same as it was yesterday. THIS IS NOT NORMAL. he most have some kind problem, similar to yours, call it PMS, mental illness or whatever you like.

Donny said "I probably talk to him about once a week whenever the domain on one of his domains drops"

You said "don said that 1112 everyday sends emails and complains that the revenue is not the same as it was yesterday. THIS IS NOT NORMAL. he most have some kind problem"

where is everyday coming from ?

where is "sends emails and complains that the revenue is not the same as it was yesterday" coming from

Any normal person will see that your twisting don's word, and that show someting about your mental state!

May be its all in your head and make me wonder!

I go with data and let them talk for themself and if you don't have anything to say go and kiss ass, it seems that what you do best

Stuff, go stuff yourself bud.

well said :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Stuff, I thought over there in Croatia or where the hell you are at, guys are drunk by this time of the day. So go have your regular pitcher of dog-piss beer and let us complain here for a service gone bad. Or am I ruining your bread and butter pennies by disclosing Parked is not really that great in generating revenue?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Donny said "I probably talk to him about once a week whenever the domain on one of his domains drops"

You said "don said that 1112 everyday sends emails and complains that the revenue is not the same as it was yesterday. THIS IS NOT NORMAL. he most have some kind problem"

where is everyday coming from ?

where is "sends emails and complains that the revenue is not the same as it was yesterday" coming from

Any normal person will see that your twisting don's word, and that show someting about your mental state!

May be its all in your head and make me wonder!

I go with data and let them talk for themself and if you don't have anything to say go and kiss ass, it seems that what you do best

well said :)

you got me there. its really big difference.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dammit , gostuffyourself.com is taken

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom