Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Joe reinstatement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Joe, a banned DNForum member, has asked to be reinstated. Since I'm not aware of Joe's infractions I'm putting it to a vote of the DNForum membership. If 2/3 of the membership votes to allow him back, he will be unbanned. Otherwise the members have spoken. Joe has agreed to putting this to a vote. You have 3 days to cast your vote.

Thanks,

Greg

Upvote 0

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't think that there will be more than 1/3 (one-third) of the membership that actually vote (not to say for or against anything)!

FYI: I'm a polisci/public admin major :)

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the vote ended right now he'd be unbanned. 2 for 1 against. Everyone doesn't need to vote.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth.

Joe is an absolute nutcase. He posts constant meaningless rambling, ranting posts. He's been kicked off more boards than anybody I ever saw.

He does not learn, he does not listen.

I am not one to speak negatively of anybody I believe we're all entitled to our points of view and beliefs in life but Joe is bad news.

My two bits worth:D

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I voted yes for Joe to be allowed to return.

Like Greg--I haven't been aware of exactly what he did wrong in the past-- or had any problems with him myself.
A couple of his posts gave me a good chuckle--and he let people list their names for sale at his site for no charge.

Everybody should be allowed to change their ways--I say let him back in.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>gregr: If the vote ended right now he'd be unbanned. 2 for 1 against. Everyone doesn't need to vote.

I see. You actually meant 2/3 WHO VOTE. But no offence, there is a little loophole in here. Take your last posting: if only 3 members vote by the end of the day ... hmm ... 3 days ... and 2 go for unbanning, does it consitute a legitimate voting (when less than 1% of the membership turn out). My point is that we might need to set a cut-off line (threshold) for an acceptable turnout rate, say 15%.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gmartfin
Greg, go over to

http://admittance.com/board.html

do a search for joe. Look for other posts regarding alias's he uses when asked to stop etc etc etc.

If he gets reinstated and becomes a problem again, he can just as easily get banned again. I think he loved this place. That's why I got an email from him.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr

If he gets reinstated and becomes a problem again, he can just as easily get banned again. I think he loved this place. That's why I got an email from him.
Nuff said, unban him :)

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
>gregr: If the vote ended right now he'd be unbanned. 2 for 1 against. Everyone doesn't need to vote.

I see. You actually meant 2/3 WHO VOTE. But no offence, there is a little loophole in here. Take your last posting: if only 3 members vote by the end of the day ... hmm ... 3 days ... and 2 go for unbanning, does it consitute a legitimate voting (when less than 1% of the membership turn out). My point is that we might need to set a cut-off line (threshold) for an acceptable turnout rate, say 15%.

Just like every election I've voted in, doesn't matter what the turn-out is. In 3 days we should get a good sampling of the regulars.

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I for one have never seen this person add a positive to ANY forum he has posted in. Maybe you need a constant complainer - but for my taste - NOT.

Always remember, the devils advocate inspires many to become religious..LOL - However, when they screw with other's business dealings - they deserve to rot in hell....

JMHO

sunshine

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Joe's a nutcase.

My best advice.. NEVER EVER EVER give him your email addy.

:)

O.C.

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
He's a disturbed individual. No one should give him contact information or tell him anything you wouldn't want posted on public forums out of context.

He crosses lots of lines. Why has he been banned at every forum I've ever seen him in? Well except one, SICTalk.com, where the resident teenagers like mocking him.

I think it's very nice of people to give him another chance to prove himself. He does enjoy posting at dn forums.

If any of you want to know why I voted no, start reading this thread:
http://sictalk.com/forum/showthread.php?&threadid=8003

Those are the kinds of posts we are going to get. :eek:

On the other hand, his antics can be mildly entertaining when they are not destructive to any one but himself. Sadly, usually his posts escalate to being destructive to others (posting Dan's email for example).

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I voted Yes.

Like you said it's very easy to give him the boot, once again, if he acts up.

Mike

P

prasit

Originally posted by gregr

totally agree w/ you.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just a small suggestion to you Greg

Have a poll regarding Joe. But you only get to vote if you know him and have seen firsthand his behaviour.:rolleyes:

then see what the stats are like:D

abrams1117

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Let Joe back in, he registered 700+ domains.... and if you saw them, you would have mercy on him.

P

prasit

Originally posted by abrams1117
Let Joe back in, he registered 700+ domains.... and if you saw them, you would have mercy on him.

may God have mercy on him.

give everyone one domain and let him in....
:razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators