Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

less than $6.95?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anybody who-is selling you domain names @ $6.95 is tearing up the credit card merchant fee ...

Ask yourself why would anybody want to do that for ...

Huh!

:evil:

abrams1117

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Anybody who-is selling you domain names @ $6.95 is tearing up the credit card merchant fee ...
Huh!
-----------------------------------------

The way I understand it (?), from countless emails back an forth with members of this group, MANY ebAY sellers, and Billy from eNom, (still waiting for replies from [email protected]); w/these accounts you can reg. your own Domains for $6.95, but your customers pay your reg. price, plus 95 cents and 3%.
If your reg. fee is $10; $6.95 + 95 cents +
30 cents = $8.20 goes to enom, and you make=
$1.80.

We can all hate Verisign, but their last four quarters they had more than $1.1B in revenue and have over 3100 employees.

According to their last quaterly report, they have over $280M in cash in the bank.

You can love eNom all you want, but their financial position cannot possibly be healthy at the margins they are charging.

All I can figure is they are building a large client base with one of two future goals:

1) Sell it off to the highest bidder
2) Raise prices and hope that people stay

Again, this is my opinion and total speculation, but as someone who has put together a business plan for becoming an ICANN accredited registrar, there is no way you can survive on these kind of margins for long once the venture capital runs out.

Taking the $7k "up front" payments for cheap future domain purchases certainly helps short term cashflow, but when the domain speculators start to drop names at eNom like they are currently doing at Verisign, watch out.

-t

Originally posted by thewitt
We can all hate Verisign, but their last four quarters they had more than $1.1B in revenue and have over 3100 employees.

According to their last quaterly report, they have over $280M in cash in the bank.

-t

Hi Witt,

Yes but I remember tha same kind of reports from WORLDCOM.

I'm just saying.........

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
John Abrams,

Take your chances if you want to .. but anybody whois selling you a reseller account can access your domains, and if they go belly up where does that leave you.

Even worse what happens if they are dishonest .. huh stick with reputable people instead of trying to save pennies.

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AMERICAR
John Abrams,

Take your chances if you want to .. but anybody whois selling you a reseller account can access your domains, and if they go belly up where does that leave you.

Even worse what happens if they are dishonest .. huh stick with reputable people instead of trying to save pennies.

AMERICAR...they need to know the password of your subaccount to access/control your domains. Otherwise the owner of the master account can only view the domains in any subaccount.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes alldig,

But first you have to give them a pass word to open the account, and if they dont change it what then.

That still does not answer the question of what happens to the sub account if the go belly up.

:p

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Of course the owner of the subaccount will change the password...Every reseller that signs up under me I encourage to change the password/contact details of his/her subaccount. I don't know what you are implying by the phrase "belly up" though...i need specifics.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Go broke .. walk away .. anything like that

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Americar...I already contacted enom about this issue (if a subaccount gets deleted for some reason). Enom said they could reactivate the account and no domains would be lost in this case. So if the owner of a subaccount has funds in his/her account and/or domains, enom guarantees protection from deletion.

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Subj says all.

BUt I am not going to give up my other reseller's account.

I need this cheepest account for some speculative plays. No worries about credit card processing of clients. it will be me registering every once in a awhille a .biz or an .info for speculation.

THanks!

Originally posted by abrams1117
Huh!
-----------------------------------------

The way I understand it (?), from countless emails back an forth with members of this group, MANY ebAY sellers, and Billy from eNom, (still waiting for replies from [email protected]); w/these accounts you can reg. your own Domains for $6.95, but your customers pay your reg. price, plus 95 cents and 3%.
If your reg. fee is $10; $6.95 + 95 cents +
30 cents = $8.20 goes to enom, and you make=
$1.80.

Hi John.

The .95 cents + 3% is only if you use eNom to
process your customers payments thru their
RegistryRocket or your own PDQ site. You are
under no obligation to use either of them though.

You can buy domains all day long for whoever
you want, at the same price, with no extra
charge at all. Then..... however you have your
customers pay you is completely your choice.

If you can use a cheaper finance source like
PayPal for instance, than you can save a little
bit on transaction fees. You can take checks,
money orders, whatever.

The point is that there is no extra .95 cents
or 3% automatically added to any name that YOU
buy, regardless of who you are buying it for.

Once YOU buy a name, whatever finance source you
use for your customers, or price you charge them,
is completely up to you.

This was some of the info I sent last night that
never made it to you cause the email problem.

abrams1117

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi HippieChick,

Thanks for the info!

-J

You are very welcome. :)

I also just sent you another email but
we know how my email is lately. :(

Hope you get it.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Alldig,

That bright red glow is eye staining :) j/k

what other colors are there to chose from ... huh.

:D

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dunno why any of you guys/girls who are trying to run reseller registers would want to sell domain name registrations as cheap as possible for.

What is the motivation behind it ? your making no money unless you call 50 cents to a $1.00 money, it's very hard to sell to name traders, they can get their own reseller accounts.

Why not target end users, they are only going to register one name maybe 3 at the most, then you have to supply support as well.

I don't get it, please enlighten me.

:evil:

abrams1117

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I dunno why any of you guys/girls who are trying to run reseller registers would want to sell domain name registrations as cheap as possible for.
What is the motivation behind it ? your making no money unless you call 50 cents to a $1.00 money, it's very hard to sell to name traders, they can get their own reseller accounts.
Why not target end users, they are only going to register one name maybe 3 at the most, then you have to supply support as well.
I don't get it, please enlighten me.
---------------------------------------

I'm new to all this, but I do have a reseller site. I get most of my sales from speculators. The one time buyers aren't worth it, unless you rule in the search engines.
When a speculator finds you, you know it.
Wherever I am online the email light blinks and the machine 'pings' twice, its addicting, surfing to pings. Knowing its sales.
Then he/she finds GoDaddy, and the pings slow to a drip, until the next speculator finds the site. And I feel guilty because they are registering 'crap'.
I add info. to try and maybe help them choose better names, but they ignore it,and still reg crap. I read them and cringe.
If I can give 'em low prices, a free web page, and from the start warn them about the addiction to try and save them from blowing '$500', that would make more money (w o m) and ease the guilt.
I enjoy this domain game,but I don't want to be the cause of anyones pain.
I'll never get the money back from my spending spree, at least not on those names.
Maybe I can save some ppl. from this.

Why can't one site show them all the tricks from DAY ONE?
What to avoid, the 5 W's and H of DN buying, web hosting, sub-domains, DN Speculation, on hold/expired domains, overture, how to sell on eBay, search engines, type-ins, stealth/cloaked and standard forwarding, email forwarding, free gifs, free html answers, free keywords (I spenT $15 and get the same results now for free), banners, PPC, this forum, step by step detailed info., from A to Z,etc.
As you can see this is piecemeal, but I've got lots of notes.
Example:
I knew zip about trademarks when I started this, and now Prudential has one of my names; thought it would be a good wrestling site.

Whois the best register?
If I'm still around in another year....who knows..

:)

abrams1117

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I also just sent you another email but
we know how my email is lately. :(
Hope you get it.
-------------------------

Hi HippieChick,

Nope, never received it.
Maybe you can send it through this forum?

-J

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom