Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Massive air raid rocks Baghdad

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The fact is, Saddam could've prevented all of this, but he didn't. He didn't give up his weapons. He didn't leave. Don't you understand? We are not going to wait for him to use his weapons on us, or allow him to work with terrorists anymore. IF he cared about his people, he would've given up before all of this.

Also, Saddam has already used weapons that "he didn't have".

Only problem is, in order to get rid of saddam and those who follow him, you have to attack them. You can't just walk in there and arrest him. It doesn't work like that.

Dont get me wrong. I don't like war. I wish we didn't have to go to war, but the fact is, its the only way to deal with saddam.

RMF

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TopNames.com
... Someone I use to work with died that day...he had a wife, a child and another child on the way. A son will not play catch with his father and a daughter will not dance with her father on her wedding day [color=ff0000]because of terrorists[/color].
Stories like this are happening EVERYDAY in places like the Middle East, just replace the last word with [color=ff0000]Americans[/color].

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RMF
Also, Saddam has already used weapons that "he didn't have".

Dont get me wrong. I don't like war. I wish we didn't have to go to war, but the fact is, its the only way to deal with saddam.

RMF

I agree 100%. He lied and everyone can see that now.

Anyway, Lets all say a prayer for ALL involved and hope loss of life is very low.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave

Stories like this are happening EVERYDAY in places like the Middle East, just replace the last word with [color=ff0000]Americans[/color].

Really? I wonder what the Kuwaits would be saying now if US and UK didn't come to their rescue in 1991? This is not a war on religion...please don't take it there.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Support our troops Troop.us

regardless of whether your for or against the war,

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz
Topnames,
as i said before - don't believe the hype(CNN).

So, if I understand you, CNN paid Iraq citizens to act like they are happy the Amercians and Brits are they?

EVERY country "spins" it to benefit them...Germany, France, US, UK, Iraq,...all of them. If you think they don't, then I have a bridge I want to sell you.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is a difference.
For most newspapers, TV stations etc. in germany the highest duty since WW2 was over has been and still is to report *OBJECTIVELY* .
Whereas the highest priority for US media seems to be to report in a way that supports the president (since 911 that is).

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So that means the US has the right to decide if/when to start a war?

Last time i checked it was still solely the UN's right to decide on those matters.

See beatz, as I pointed out to you in another thread, this is where you are confused.

Of course we have the right. Who ever said we did not? Who ever said we would allow the UN to dictate policy to us? Who, in this country, ever said we would allow the UN to have final say in anything we do? Who said it was solely the UN's right to decide those matters (other than you)?

In the end we don't answer to the UN.

Would we rather have peace and get along with everybody? Sure we would. But this ain't Kansas any more toto.

Domainaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Again:

Bin Laden has over 7 stated goals - one of them is getting Saddam and his ruling Ba'th party out of Iraq.

I bet he is laughing over this war.

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Domainaholic - Bin Laden has had some unkind things to say about Saddam.

So what.

If your point is that they would never co-operate in a desire to attack us you are naive.

I dont care if they hate each other or love each other. They have common goals and they both need to go.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Larry

Who said it was solely the UN's right to decide those matters (other than you)?

See.

It's you who is confused.

The UN said it's solely their right.To which the US agreed.Long before this war attack was started.

It's written in agreements.

Ever heard of the UN Charta?

Btw - the US is *a member* of the UN

Just in case you haven't heard of that fact yet...

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Larry
Who ever said we would allow the UN to dictate policy to us?
Not until you invade other countries. That's what the UN has been for. That's why when Iraq invaded Kuwait, UN stood up for them.

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed30
Whois - I also don't think it was too smart to post your radical and unhinged views here - being a mod you are supposed to speak on behalf of the managers of the forum, quell arguments etc... Also, as British soldiers died today doing their job, I find your comments fairly repulsive.

Many Iraqis shall die including women, children and the elderly. More Iraqi civillians shall die in this war than were killed in 9/11( I say this not trivialize the loss of life during 9/11 but to show that the losses suffered in Iraq will be much greater. No one can undo the damage done on 9/11 ). You can't storm a city of 4 million without major loss of life and utter destruction of that city's infrastructure. I can only state my deep remorse for this tragedy.

Whois-Search is human and like many of us that requires expressing views. One of the other moderators has expressed views that support Bush's decision to go to war. I respect his point of view and support his right to express this.

I understand that there are two sides to this debate and hope that discussion will be respected and we can agree to disagree.

I have many friends that have opinions that differ from mine, but what gain is there if we allow this war to tear apart our friendships as well. To all at DNForum may this hold true here as well.

Peace to all,
C.T. Kirkpatrick
Aberdeen South Dakota
aka: Think

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think political debates like this are best left off a domain forum. There are plenty of other forums to have these talks. Opinions run deep and it's starting to fracture and divide the membership here.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think political debates like this are best left off a domain forum. There are plenty of other forums to have these talks. Opinions run deep and it's starting to fracture and divide the membership here.

:) ...good post...we all need each other

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Opinions run deep and it's starting to fracture and divide the membership here.

Maybe we should ask Gregr if he should make it a policy that political threads/posts/comments are not allowed?

I mean for real.

Although i am totally against this war, although this is more or less the first time in my life i feel the duty to do "just something" in connection with war and politics - at the same time i think this is the only point i might agree with you, Topnames.
Dunno...

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, it's a free counrty (or at least it used to be one), so our membership here should be allowed to be divided to reflect that of the population. But I agree that we should stay focussed on DOMAIN NAMES. After all, we're all in the LOUNGE! Okay, back to domain names: I will not sell any .us domain names until the Bush Administration is tried for war crime. :D

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
NS - Your statement doesnt change the fact that we do not and will not take orders from the UN.

beatz - it seems that your best argument for one world govt continues to fall on deaf ears.

Think - like whois, you have chosen to tell us how you feel instead of presenting some factual evidence. Your assessment of deaths may be accurate in the end but to state this as fact simply puts you in the camp of the alarmists and shows your anti-war bias.

Nothing wrong with being against the war...I have reservations about how quickly we chose to act and the potential cost of life on both sides.

But there is no credibility in statements about the number of deaths before we know the length and breadth of the war.

I wont comment in this thread again...even if NS and beatz bait me ;).

I hope/wish/pray (inclusive :) ) that this is over soon with limited loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom