Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news Masterbucks will return soon with upgrades

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Epik has taken its payments platform Masterbucks, which acts like a form of store credit, offline for maintenance. The company says it should be back online on October 10, and withdrawals won’t be available until then.

Brian Royce, the new CEO of Epik, told Domain Name Wire that changes are necessary to improve the system.

“The software was, in my opinion…it had some issues that I really felt strongly about addressing,” he said. “I don’t fly by the seat of my pants; I’m very precise. There are some issues with the software that I immediately identified, and my computer engineering and accounting backgrounds wouldn’t let that go. So I wanted to fix those things.”

As reported on Domainnamewire

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

"back online Oct 10th"

that's a very long time to be holding assets of customers.
do they plan to pay any interest?

imo.....

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't care. Would prefer just store credit tbh.

rocket

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Epik has taken its payments platform Masterbucks, which acts like a form of store credit, offline for maintenance. The company says it should be back online on October 10, and withdrawals won’t be available until then.

Brian Royce, the new CEO of Epik, told Domain Name Wire that changes are necessary to improve the system.

“The software was, in my opinion…it had some issues that I really felt strongly about addressing,” he said. “I don’t fly by the seat of my pants; I’m very precise. There are some issues with the software that I immediately identified, and my computer engineering and accounting backgrounds wouldn’t let that go. So I wanted to fix those things.”

Very nice . Love Epik.com

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of complaints about this. 😐

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
Why end users were not notified of this so called upgrade?

Level 4
Reaction score
Why end users were not notified of this so called upgrade?

No. It's a complete shitshow. They changed their terms during ongoing withdrawals, now require KYC and upped their payout fees beyond the reasonable.

They have remained silent for (over?) a month. Epik staff ignoring complaints, no updates, no engagement, missing promised deadlines. It's absolutely pathetic.

Their new updated TOS was actually a copy paste from PayPal's TOS including links to PayPal.

Amateurs.

Level 4
Reaction score
The company says it should be back online on October 10, and withdrawals won’t be available until then.

They said this when? I fail to find a public statement. No notice, no email. And that's after it has been under maintenance for weeks without being given prior notice of it going down.

Meanwhile Epik staff is nowhere to be found. Beyond pathetic for a company referring to itself as the 'swiss bank' of domains.

Level 4
Reaction score
Btw... I notice incredibly large amounts of money (still) not being payed out looking at Twitter.

Talking hundreds of thousands.

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Per my knowledge, they are sending payment. I had some customers contacted me privately during and some of them confirmed that they received their payment after completing the verification.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People are still complaining via TrustPilot and social media about funds being locked. It's concerning reading all of the complaints.

More so there is no clear communication here.

Level 4
Reaction score
People are still complaining via TrustPilot and social media about funds being locked. It's concerning reading all of the complaints.

More so there is no clear communication here.

I checked the more active domain forum and there's a pages long thread with complaints. Its insane. You should check it out.

Untill they give a proper explanation I will stop using Epik. I'd rather let a domain expire and go to Dropcatch or the likes than deal with the hassle of putting a lot of energy and time into receiving the odd couple of hundreds from masterbucks.

Level 4
Reaction score
Per my knowledge, they are sending payment. I had some customers contacted me privately during and some of them confirmed that they received their payment after completing the verification.

I noticed some did get payed but how about the fees? Epik changed withdrawal fees for ongoing escrow transactions. It's not only immoral but also illegal as far as I know.

Shady stuff going on imo.

Level 4
Reaction score
I also read Rob stepped down as CEO? How come that's not news on his own forum?

What the fuck is going on?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom