Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New Domain Rating system alleged incometance by Yahoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Donny - I need a better explanation of what is a "blocked" domain. Is it in terms of appearing in Yahoo searches, or displaying ads via Parked.com - or both?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quality Blocked means that Yahoo's ads will not show on the domain. So what I just got for one of your domains was: <CategoryRating>quality_block</CategoryRating> . And then no results for the domain from Yahoo. From my understanding this is only on a domain parking side.

Donny

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quality block is when a domain they think isn't worth the registration, more than one dash, taking a domain and just putting random numbers or other words, like thecarinsurance.com or carinsurance411.com.

I have to wonder their rating...

Domains that are adult, weapon, tobacco, or weapons are just an internal system Yahoo uses, those domains still go to Yahoo and have been for years.

I have one that would be more about historical weapons. Yahoo is a little too strict IMO.

If you really see something on the list that shouldn't be marked as it is, just send it to your account manager and they will evaluate it and if they agree with send it to Yahoo to get reviewed. And then usually you have about a 50% chance of getting the domain clean. If the domain is banned, you have about a 5% chance.

Donny

Done and TY.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Draggar - A historical weapon, is still a weapon. Historical or not. :)

Donny

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
According to eBay there is a difference between active weapons and historical weapons or weapons that have been disarmed. Yahoo = nazi. The new era of domain fascism rises. All hail the new fuhrer.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Our account managers do have an incentive plan, but they just got this the same day we launched it to everybody else. Understand, we don't have a piece of paper that says this is what will or won't be blocked. One of our own portfolios has about 75 domains in it that are not wanted in one way shape or form. Google has always claimed that they don't block domains, but I recently heard from a reliable source that about 20% of all domains that point to them are blocked now.

I think this is both companies way of starting to clean up some of the domains that get traffic to them both.

Donny

No problem. You run the best parking system I've found thus far. Hanging with you myself.

I wonder if the bing deal might have something to do with this (?)

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
<edited>

Last edited:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so the ones marked trademarked...are those blocked?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A trademark, is blocked. Yahoo actually calls them sensitive, but we renamed it to trademark, because that's really what it is.

They are pretty accurate with these, but sometimes, the do get a little carried away.

Donny

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't remember, it was probably a year ago or more.

Donny

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are pretty accurate with these, but sometimes, the do get a little carried away.

A little? :D

I'm looking at some of mine that are "quality block" yet has over 1.5M exact Google matches. Another has 1.2M. Both are .us.

I have another - the name of a breed of dog and they consider it a trademark? Yahoo is acting silly with this. I've logged a ticket w/ my account manager to see if I can get some of these cleaned up.

At least this is giving me a little push to start developing some of these. ;)

I guess I'll have to move the ones that are considered "controversial" though - I'm sure Yahoo won't budge on most of those.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I don't remember, it was probably a year ago or more.

Donny

Yahoo is apparently the biggest bigots on the domain planet. Why are my geodomains a trademark for ****'s sake?
The real argument is what Parked will do to convince Yahoo they are wrong with this, instead of on a case to case basis.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Basically it all means blocked because the secindary ads pay crap :(

Let's say for example I owned a great gold name and it was a trademark, before I earned $X a click, now the ads pay .04, looking back I can see the connection of getting flagged by yahoo and payout drop on specified names.

Id love to stay at Parked but it looks like we have to move those affected names because secondary ads pay crap, is this true for all categories Donny, something to expect?

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't get it. Just yesterday I noticed that one of my names at "parked" was showing on Yahoo on the first page for exact search. Check out yahoo for( investment planner ). My domain InvestmentPlanner.us shows on the first page. The name is listed as "quality block" at Parked. Doesn't make sense.
I will be moving a lot of my .us names to another parking company. Any suggestions?

this is not only an issue with Parked, but I think with any other provider that supports Yahoo feeds. I just came across this thread after doing a Google search for "yahoo quality block" after I just noticed today one of my domains at another parking provider (sorry Donny, I still love you) showed the text 'quality_block' under its status. it is a very generic product.us domain. i am thinking, WTF?!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This is one of the biggest cluster****s Yahoo has done. They are injecting racism into technology. I am moving out each and every affected domain, not waiting for Yahoo to "fix" what's not broken. I stand by my statement that Yahoo are nazi.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can say that I have been talking to Neulevel who manages .us and .biz and I am working with them to get some information to Yahoo to get them unblocked. Not sure if it will happen or not, but it's definitely worth a try.

Donny

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It appears to me that Yahoo! is just plain based against the .us extenson since the majority of the almost 300 names they blocked in my account were generic and non-trademarked .us domains. A number were active well targeted websites which were still in the parking account but were made websites some time ago.

Finding it amazing Yahoo a U.S. company does not like its own country code, especially since I see no valid reason why a .us website would more likely be no or low value vs other extensions.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yahoo is a nazi state. Did say that already? It's part of the daily announcement. I will trust Microsoft before I do Yahoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom