Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New Domain Rating system alleged incometance by Yahoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I can say that I have been talking to Neulevel who manages .us and .biz and I am working with them to get some information to Yahoo to get them unblocked. Not sure if it will happen or not, but it's definitely worth a try.

Donny

Check this out Donny. Perhaps Yahoo has some beef with Parked.com or parked domains in general.

Search for powertools in Yahoo. What is the #1 spot? Powertools.us

Now, the DNS is Yahoo.com as the site uses Yahoo's hosting and store system. Are they blatantly discriminating? I think so.

Maybe Yahoo needs to have their balls twisted a little bit?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We had some names blocked that should not have been like a credit score one as it seems most credit names with the word "free" in it were getting blocked because yahoo thinks freecreditreport.com owns that word or something. But a quick email to our account rep and a week or so later it was back on the yahoo feed, Parked.com is great and only getting better as a company but yahoo really needs to ****ing relax and let everyone make some money. Otherwise they will find themselves with no pot to piss in pretty soon when everyone moves over to google again. It's almost like there is this guy sitting at a desk at yahoo trying to come up with ways to block more domains from parking. I'm guessing he has a very small penis. :cool:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So let me get this straight: we have to wait and kiss the ass of Yahoo in order to revert what they should not have changed in the first place?
I'm trying to revert a non adult domain parked at Parked for weeks now. I guess the Yahoo CEO will call me when it's done.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You have a better chance at winning the lottery on some of them dude, but hey that's what forwarding is for! ;)

Paralegal

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's a good example of how bad the Yahoo ratings are. They banned saves.org.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
saves.org is banned by Yahoo. I would say probably because somebody at some time did arb with it or something similiar.

Donny

Paralegal

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's been owned since 1999 and arb or something similiar has never been used. I'd like to know what Yahoo says.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's a good example of how bad the Yahoo ratings are. They banned saves.org.

Whoever decides on these bans or programmed their system to do this (including all the .us domains banned without valid reasons) must be an idiot. It almost seems like Yahoo really does not want to monetize domains or make money themselves.

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Develop it.

Yahoo often ranks .us names well. I have quite a few that do nicely with them.

What concerns me is that bing will be powering yahoo's results soon, assuming it will hurt my .us names.

Good thread. I was reading here and there about "quality block" and this explained it for me.

Regarding what I quoted, some possible good news. Bing is supposed to be powering Yahoo Search soon like you said and I took one search term mentioned earlier, power tools. Didn't see it in Yahoo, in fact half of them are .uk sites for some reason but check out the Bing search -

http://www.bing.com/search?q=power+tools&form=OSDSRC

I'm seeing powertools.us in the 3rd spot, page 1. So it looks like the .us might be good with Bing and that will mean Yahoo as well sometime shortly.

As far as Yahoo, yeah, they've always been pretty inept with anything involving search. Long history of it.

Last edited:

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We've long had problems with someone named "Donny" at Parked.com saying slanderous things about my company... perhaps Yahoo hasd picked that up?

I've never met, heard from, or corresponded with anyone at Parked, this is just what customers and friends have told me.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We've long had problems with someone named "Donny" at Parked.com saying slanderous things about my company... perhaps Yahoo hasd picked that up?

I've never met, heard from, or corresponded with anyone at Parked, this is just what customers and friends have told me.

WTF are you talking about? I've never heard of you or your company.

Donny

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WTF are you talking about? I've never heard of you or your company.

Donny

Like I said, I've never heard of "Donny" or had any contact with "Parked" before either, but I do know that this person has told at least 2 different customers not to buy from us. That had better never happen again.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like I said, I've never heard of "Donny" or had any contact with "Parked" before either, but I do know that this person has told at least 2 different customers not to buy from us. That had better never happen again.

I don't even know what your company is, so why would I tell anybody not to buy from you? You are making absolutely no sense. The only thing I can see about you is TheNameStore.com which I've never been to in my life until today. I even checked in our logs at the office and in the past 3 years not a single person has ever gone to that domain. So how could your customers say I'm telling them not to buy from your company.

Sounds like BS to me.

Donny

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't even know what your company is, so why would I tell anybody not to buy from you? You are making absolutely no sense. The only thing I can see about you is TheNameStore.com which I've never been to in my life until today. I even checked in our logs at the office and in the past 3 years not a single person has ever gone to that domain. So how could your customers say I'm telling them not to buy from your company.

Sounds like BS to me.

Donny

I have no reason to make this up.

I guess it was another "Donny at Parked.com" they were referring to, then.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have no reason to make this up.

I guess it was another "Donny at Parked.com" they were referring to, then.

So what is your company to being with? Is it thenamestore.com or something else? I don't like people talking about me. If I told somebody not to use somebody, I'll admit it even on an open forum and I'd explain why. But I've never heard of you or the company that I can see.

Donny

6sons

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had two generics marked as trademarks: tvlistings(.)ca and encyclopedia(.)ca? Not funny. Furthermore I had my very best desicriptive generic banned. coupons??? flyers???. It does seem that Yahoo if way off base. I did report it some time ago but so far nothing has come from it.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Both of the two domains that you mentioned, tvlistings and encyclopedia were not marked as tradermarks, at least as far as I can see. And right now they aren't marked either.

Donny

6sons

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Both of the two domains that you mentioned, tvlistings and encyclopedia were not marked as tradermarks, at least as far as I can see. And right now they aren't marked either.

Donny

Hi Donny

Are you checking inside my acct? I just checked again and both encyclopedia(.)ca and tvlistings(.)ca are categorized as trademark. Re: coupons and flyers I have asked staff to check with yahoo but was told not to expect any change. I appreciate their head's up about it but its hard to accept such strong descriptive generic domains as being banned. Fortunately, I am not having any trouble with them elsewhere but it gives me pause none the less about yahoo at this time.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem is when a domain is moved away we don't update our system, if a domain is no longer a trademark for example. So unless the system gets traffic it doesn't know to update the data.

As far as coupons and flyers they were banned for some reason. I sent an email to my contact to see why they were banned.

Donny
Hi Donny

Are you checking inside my acct? I just checked again and both encyclopedia(.)ca and tvlistings(.)ca are categorized as trademark. Re: coupons and flyers I have asked staff to check with yahoo but was told not to expect any change. I appreciate their head's up about it but its hard to accept such strong descriptive generic domains as being banned. Fortunately, I am not having any trouble with them elsewhere but it gives me pause none the less about yahoo at this time.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yahoo banned a domain I had parked for too high of a search thru and click thru rate, totally generic name with high quality visitors from the usa. Because of our investment in the domain this caused alot of issues with a business partner and I had zero control over it and did nothing to cause it. Donny did his damn best to get it unblocked but Yahoo refused. I think Yahoo needs to seriously rethink some of these decisions and maybe leave more control in the hands of a trusted parking company partner like Parked.com Some of the stuff they are blocking and banning just makes zero sense. I think Donny should be making these decisions not some stiff in a cubicle with an obvious chip on their shoulder. Donny should have the final say on it unless it's a blatant reason to block a name. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom