Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New Way to Sell Domains that work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I decided to try this as well using Sedo.
I've just created a campaign (first time doing so), so we'll see how it goes.

I've set my bids at .05 each, and no more than $2/day
I've also indicated my asking price within the ad: $300

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, I jumped in for a quick test too. 5 domains, bids set at .05 - .10 with a max of $1 per day for each domain (actually, $2 for one of them).

I recently signed up for a cheap hosting account and it came with about $45 of AdWords credit, so this test is costing me even less.

Will let you all know how it goes.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, I jumped in for a quick test too. 5 domains, bids set at .05 - .10 with a max of $1 per day for each domain (actually, $2 for one of them).

I recently signed up for a cheap hosting account and it came with about $45 of AdWords credit, so this test is costing me even less.

Will let you all know how it goes.

Let us know!

RedTruck

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also, here's a $250 special if anyone else is interested...

http://www.google.com/ads/250/v.html

Do you have the code from the mailer that goes with that URL?

I'm getting impressions from my Adwords but no click thru's yet. I set my daily max at $3 and the max CTC around $0.40 - varies depending on the ad.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No I don't have the mailer. I just found the link on another forum. The fine print indicates itg will take about 2 days for your account to be credited. We'll see how that goes...

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
End of Day 1 of my Adwords test.

As I mentioned, I was advertising 5 domains (linked to their Afternic listings).

Here are the total Day 1 stats:

5,007 impressions(!)
3 clicks
0.06% CTR (about the same as my parked domains! ;) )
$0.34 billed to my account

No offers yet! (Given 3 clicks, I would hardly expect any.)

I was expecting to spend about 20 times that much per day. Guess I'll boost some of my bids so I get higher rankings and - hopefully - more clicks.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to rain on the parade but this method only seemed to have worked for the OP for some odd reason so don't hold your breath waiting for results.

I'm not holding my breath ... but for pennies a day, I don't mind trying it for a while. Kind of like buying a lottery ticket: even if you don't win, it provided a little excitement, right?

Anyway, it's also a good learning experience for me, to figure out how to tweak Adwords. I just discovered that almost 2/3 of my total impressions came from one keyword that was not well suited to my campaign (the SERP for that keyword was a lot less relevant to my domain than I thought it would be). By deleting that keyword and substituting some better ones, I should improve my signal-to-noise ratio.

Last edited:

RedTruck

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Came across this today - 9 Tips for Writing Effective Adwords Copy. Could be handy. A lot of common sense, but some of it was new to me.

So far, no results from my tests. I have 4 domains advertised, each with a unique landing page. The Adwords control panel doesn't show any impressions or click throughs, but I can see the ads if I type in the search terms, so I'm thinking the actual volume of searches for these keywords must be quite low - despite what Adwords-->Tools would have me believe.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It's also a great way to get your domain seen so if you should decide to develop it at a later date, then you have it out there so to speak..

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mine hasn't worked yet, but my ad campaign hasn't started either. I think the account needs to be validated first...

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I started doing this when the thread started over a year ago. Zero sales, but the cost has been less than $1.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mine hasn't worked yet, but my ad campaign hasn't started either. I think the account needs to be validated first...

I'm thinking not....

It asks for a promo code during the New account setup.
It is on the same page as "activate" button.

We are both thinking :cheesy:, but I was looking for a more factual answer.

Anybody know:
If you can use another promo code after new account is set up?
Are promo codes only good for new account setups?

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Second day of my Adwords test: about 9,000 impressions, 11 clicks, $1.47 charged.

Even if no offers come anytime soon, it's cool to think that 9,000 people a day could be seeing some of my domain names offered for sale. (At this rate, my initial credit will last about a month, which would produce about a quarter million impressions. That makes me smile even without any sales. :) )

RedTruck

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I upped the CPC and I'm starting to see impressions in the Account Snapshot screen. Around 1000 impressions today, resulting in 3 click thru's. Clicks are from keywords the same or very closely related to the keywords in the domain name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom