Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New Way to Sell Domains that work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just spot a lot of Afternic's domain sale from referrals. Also, they are selling quite a overvalued too. For example, doggonecrazy.com sold for $1260?? Are these work of your idea? I am tempted to give it a try. :)

adventurediver.com* 1,000 01/26/2007
ibrush.com* 1,250 01/26/2007
jobpods.com* 1,800 01/26/2007
EConstruct.com* 2,400 01/26/2007
healthfood.org 3,500 01/26/2007
doggonecrazy.com* 1,260 01/26/2007
lisaackerman.com* 200 01/25/2007

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would of course like to take credit for that, but it is unknown. None of the domains listed were purchased on my Affilliate ID.

I have referred 8 new buyers and members to AfterNIC and I earn commission on their purchases.

yandig

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have referred 8 new buyers and members to AfterNIC and I earn commission on their purchases.

Is there a way to add their code to a website to get referrals, or do you just get referrals from your sites parked with them?

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm having another go at it. Anyone had any success recently?

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have not seen this thread before, very interesting. Never tried to advertise a domain before but I have thought of it.

Are there alot of end users searching on Google that are looking for a domain?

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats the beauty of it, you get people who don't realise they want domains. From the ones that I have sold they have gone to SEO and e-retail companies, one even went to an Investment Bank, the CEO called me direct after seeing the AD.

I tend not to sell domains anymore as I am building up a sustainable income, most of my work now is in affiliate sites. That said, I am in the process of having a new WEB2.0 site developed that has never been done before, which if I have researched it right should give you an excellent vertical for selling you premium non traffic domains, I have invested a small fortune and a great deal of time getting this ready for market. I will of course post in the exclusive section once complete in January '08

MacyT.

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have a lot more people been doing this since it was first posted? I am curious if there has been any market saturation with this practice and if it has possibly numbed possible end-users.

Has anyone seen this as a potential problem?

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You guys not getting any offers should try the same thing but point the ads to Sedo instead of Afternic. Sedo offers have always outnumbered my Afternic offers about 7 to 1. You can put in your Sedo affiliate code too, just like you did with Afternic.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Big issue with SEDO is this buyer verification, and from what I have found it tends to put people off during the initial stages.

Alternative option would be to create your own sales page.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm having another go at it. Anyone had any success recently?

No, it was a total disaster which I gave up on long ago. I tried several dozen different campaigns using the same techniques Namestrands posted about with Afternic (which he said was the best to use). It cost me lots of time and money without even getting 1 inquiry from the work and insignificant increase in traffic from the campaigns. Apparenly Namestrands had some magic way to make it succeed.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, it was a total disaster which I gave up on long ago. I tried several dozen different campaigns using the same techniques Namestrands posted about with Afternic (which he said was the best to use). It cost me lots of time and money without even getting 1 inquiry from the work and insignificant increase in traffic from the campaigns. Apparenly Namestrands had some magic way to make it succeed.

Ditto here, but it didn't cost me a lot of money because I wouldn't put in high bid amounts, so Google rarely shows my ad, and I get about 1 click PER MONTH from the campaigns I built.

It was a nice idea, and I like new ideas, but it was a 100% failure. I use my own server and catalog, so I know exactly where my buyers come from.

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would create my own sales page, and have some ads there also, to get some money back if people aren't interested in buying.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would recommend against the ads, if you want to sell a domain then dress the page up with stats and other interesting info about the domain.

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Of course you should have all the info about the domain. The really interested buyer will bypass header or footer ads, but those others who just wanted to take a look, and don't know what to do next, may click on one ad.

If you don't want to use any network, advertise your own sites. Some branding won't hurt, and you won't loose a sale because of that, if your site isn't ad infested :)

HasRob

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Help me with my balance please.

Outstanding balance as of today, Nov 30, 2007 (includes uninvoiced charges: $-60.48

Do I owe that amount or is that what I have remaining from a credit I used before? So confusing.

thanks!

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i am going to give this a go as well. many questions though.

the CEO called me direct after seeing the AD.

where was your number displayed that they would find it? your ad went to afternic sales page, did you put your phone # there? on the afternic sales page are you allowed to state other ways for the buyer to contact you?

also you say you only give a fixed price. to my knowledge afternic requires there to be a minimum bid amount listed. so do you mean to say that your minimum bid amount was set to equal your BIN? also, did you have the domains on reserve to go right to auction on first bid?

if you could cover some of these finer points on how these sales all go down that might help. i want no weakest link in my ad to sale chain. i may think of more questions soon. setting up some campaigns by tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom