Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New Way to Sell Domains that work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ive spent ~ $200 advertising 5 domains during the last 4 days.

Wow, you don't need to be spending that much. Only bid on keywords that are within your domain.

Lower your bids too! :worried:

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I cant put it down to luck, just a bit of hard work and perseverance. I have spent months putting together feeds and researching the domains for sale.

Just a few moments ago I sent an email to all previous bidders on my domains. I exported the list to Excel from Trafficz and done a mailshot. One person has now signed up to AfterNIC (got 25c Commission on that) and they have made an offer on the domain from the mailshot, the offer was for $250 so I listed it on the AfterNIC closing soon page.

Either way the domain will sell.

Dont be afraid to swallow your pride on going back to a previous offer, never burn your bridges when someone makes an offer on your domains.. This is a business and we are in the business of turning a profit.

A domain is only worth what someone will pay for it, if you can turn a profit then its better to let it go than hold onto it thinking its worth more. Never make it personal.

So many domainers hold on to a domain that has no traffic or revenue, but they believe because its generic or a dictionary word that its worth thousands even though they bought it at reg fee.

Wake up, if you buy it for $7 and someone offers $500, its a no brainer.. SELL IT.

Hello my friend,

You are on a winning roll! , if i were you i would buy one lottery ticket this Dec 24th. (btw 24 is the day of my birthday and my fav number).

On my behalf i havent had any luck. Tomorrow will be my last day trying adwords for domain advertising. Ive spent ~ $200 advertising 5 domains during the last 4 days. Its time for me to take a break on domains and php and enjoy christmas with my family.

I hope to have better luck next year, i thank you for this advice, i will recommend it to my customers for advertising purposes.

Congrats on your sales and merry christmas.

shopperx

I spent only a couple of bucks on Adwords. Its better to bid low and stay in it for longer. Exposure takes time.

shopperx

BuyPokerDomains.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you namestrands and dvestors for your reply, i really appreciate your advice.

Im disappointed at my adwords campaigns for two reasons:

1] In one of my domains they keep saying (since yesterday) "invalid display url" even though the display url is the same as the destination url when you click on the ad. I had this ad running before without problems. No popups, no parked page, nothing against their terms (i read them carefully).

2] Every day i check my keywords and it says "Increase quality or bid $x.xx to activate" in all my 5 campaigns.

It all started with "$0.05 to activate", today most of my 30 keywords on my mortgage domain require either $1 (9 keys) or $5 to activate (21 keys) minimum. The story repeats for the other domains, with slightly minimum bid differences.

So i already cancelled 3 campaigns and will run the other 2 for today only, i lowered my prices a lot and prayed enough for a sale, lets see how it goes.

I apologize if this post sounds negative (im always for positive things) but the $5 minimum requirement tried my patience.

I wish you all a happy weekend,

shopperx

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mortgage as a keyword is a brave start you risk the chance of you negating the whole purpose of the sale.

If you want to use that keyword use it as a combination, think about your target market, its not going to be people looking for a mortgage. Target the advertiser and not the consumer.

You will get an invalid URL from google if you point to a parked page, it must be a sales page.

stevesko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry.... I just dont get the point of bidding on mortage keywords to attract a sale of your mortage domain.. Has the sort of thing worked for ANYONE? How would someone use adwords to attract a buyer to a domain?

Steve

sellingonline

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry.... I just dont get the point of bidding on mortage keywords to attract a sale of your mortage domain.. Has the sort of thing worked for ANYONE? How would someone use adwords to attract a buyer to a domain?

Steve

Aehm Steve, this is what this whole thread is all about ;)

shopperx

BuyPokerDomains.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I bidded on the words within my domains, 3 out of 5 were dictionary 1-word domains, different extensions. The other two were 2-word domains with high OVT. Only one domain was related to Mortgages (2-word), all the domains had different categories. I used keywords related to the domain's category based on the OVT tool.

Now that you received the funds on your sales it would be interesting to know the names, the keywords and the bids, if you dont mind.

Anyone else had any success with this method? I will be glad to know.

Have a great day,

shopperx

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dont be afraid to swallow your pride on going back to a previous offer, never burn your bridges when someone makes an offer on your domains.. This is a business and we are in the business of turning a profit.

If someone makes a serious offer, you should avoid burning your bridges when you turn them down. Tell them you can't accept the offer at this time. You think the domain has more value and would need to seriously market it for 60 days before considering lower prices. This way you leave the door open but also give them urgency by letting them know that someone else might get the domain. It's honest and it's polite. I haven't sold a lot of domains but I have always seen offers increase with this approach. Pretty much to my asking price each time.

zenlogo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
HO HO HO
Merry Christmas from Santa!

Just kidding, congratulations and thanx for sharing your methods. zen

grevan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Need a help here.
I´m trying to write an ad in AdWords just like you did:

"KJASGDKSA.COM
Buy this domain now on afternic.com domain marketplace
www.afternic.com"

I just cannot insert a sentence that has more than 35 characters in one field.
The link i would like to add is:
www.afternic.com/name.php?id=XXXXXXXX&ref_id=MYID

What am i doing wrong?
Thanks a lot.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are FOUR lines of text... so you just cut your line from:
"Buy this domain now on afternic.com domain marketplace"

to

"Buy this domain now on afternic.com
the domain marketplace"

That should do it.

ALSO... as a side note, having actively participated in the approvals of keywords for my own domain's keyword values, I now have an ACTIVELY knowledge of what the CURRENT bids are on my keywords. I know what people are paying Adsense, so therefore, I know what the base revenue share is for parkers such as Sedo.

I also now know why Sedo is paying SO LITTLE for clicks.

Keywords that used to PAY me, via SedoPro, upwards of $2 or $3 bucks are not getting bids of only .50 cents.

Kida sets the record straight.

Anyway, I can't say if this technique worked or not, but I did sell a domain that I was promoting this way for $2500 this week. The buyer didn't mention the AdWords though. Perhaps just a coincidence.

Best of luck to everyone.

GoPC

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One question i have is. The bid price for the term i am selling is low. 15 cents
Thing is if you set a low monthly amount to spend say $20, it is unlikely your site will even have any hits or be offered for a click.
They tell you this & i must admit when i have searched on google it has never come up.
How much is everyone else putting as a monthly amount for their domain/website?
cheers
Pred

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sponsoring 10c a click, and I am coming up on 2nd place for UK and US on the keywords chosen.

Had an offer last night on another Adwords Domain, dont know what I am doing different but I am really targetting the buyer with the keywords, now had over 180,000 impression with only 5 clicks.

I am not sponsoring single keywords, more like key phrases. Use resources like Overture and word tracker to see how many searches are done. You will be suprised that sometimes high search terms are not sponsored much.

Dont just target a specific domain, find one of your domains thats terms are searched a lot but have little PPC bids.

It is trial and error.

grevan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks GoPc,
but my question was about my referral ID link. It doesn´t fit there.
Anyone can help?

grevan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks namestrands.
"Destination" is the first field on top of that section.
I was just not sure if it would work.
Thank you all.

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I didn't see this thread before. Great idea, I think I'll find someone with adword coupons and give this a shot! Maybe I'll point the sale to a Plesmo.com sales page to give plesmo a chance at rebounding :)

shopperx

BuyPokerDomains.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Keyword phrases with low CPC are because people dont type them often. Maybe the "secret" is to find a high OVT keyword with low CPC (because advertisers havent noted yet the high volume search on that key?) and must be related to your domain.

Dont take this for granted, ive failed to make a sale using adwords in a week. Its a matter of trying, and sharing knowlege. The industry is big enough for all of us and there are more end users than domainers, sales will never end.

Here is a link posted by namestrands were you can see the CPC on +6.000 keywords.

http://popularkeywords.com/google_adsense_keywords/index.php

If anyone wants to post the sold domains, the keys and the bids used to make that sale it would be great, im dying to know.

Shopperx

andrejc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@namestrands

Could you post now which domains you sold this way (I'm just curious)?

Tnx

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom