Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Presidential News Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see more businesses are layoff offpeople in my City.. another 400 jobs gone... I see the latest Jobs rports says we just lost another 350,000 jobs nationwide...

Oh yeah Bush's popular alright..

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Larry
Bidawinner - didnt your people elect a pro wrestler for governor? ;-)

While I tend to lean republican I don't back anybodies stand if I dont think it's the right thing.... (Nobody NEEDS an uzi regardless of what moses says)

The fact remains that he is a popular sitting president with strong support and very little coming out of the democratic party at this point to challenge him in the next election.

Maybe that will change..maybe not.

In the meantime, we have some pretty big issues facing the country and if pigs could fly we might get a little cooperation from both parties to move things forward.

Instead we will continue to get partisan politics and bickering led by the whiney *** daschle/gephardt duo and their co-whores from NY.

throw in a daily racial slur by the idiot republican of the day and we got ourselves the same old mess we have had since integrity packed it's bags and left washington about 225 years ago.

oh, well...at least the supreme court is starting to make some sense again...have you seen the results from this session? Fabulous!

Didnt the republicans elect an actor ? :laugh:

I tend to lean to the middle.. a conservative liberal I guess... Let peple live and work and do there own thing.. leave people the hell alone..quite trying to regulate every damn thing ..and at the same time..yeah, your factory is spewing garbage into my air...stop it !

Quite trying to force people to pray..and quite trying to tell people they cant pray...

I like a world of common sense..

The Problem with "iraq" is ONE MAN>.even the Iraqies now this...

The problem can be solved with 1 Bullet...

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I see more businesses are layoff offpeople in my City.. another 400 jobs gone... I see the latest Jobs rports says we just lost another 350,000 jobs nationwide...

Things have been tough...but you're smart enough to know that our economy is in a never ending cycle and this is part of it. There are usually many small things that tend to exacerbate a poor economy for individuals but it is still just a cycle.

Was Reagan responsible for a strong upturn...no more than Clinton was. It is nothing more than political luck...being in the right place at the right time.

The polls you posted show every person and every party taking a nose-dive...more a statement about our wallets than about individual political preferences I think.

Remember this poll is typical.. who he is he losing support from? democrats

Of course..any poll of the general population will reflect democrats feelings also... they werent just polling republicans when he was up 35 points were they? You dont believe that a Dem would have voted in the positive after the sept 11 attacks? of course they were.... thats what this poll was using for their comparison.

conservative liberal
- no such thing - only liberals and da** liberals :D (actually i think it is closer to jumbo shrimp)

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I dunno about you guys ... but watching and reading this stuff is pretty scarey sh*t!! Honestly. Good Luck to all of us. :eek:
See you.

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bush is beginning to to appear to be way out there. He is isolating himself even from members his own party as conservatives begin to express their opposition to the possible upcoming Iraq war:

http://www.antiwar.com/orig/duncan1.html

I love America and have always felt proud of our country's respect for civil and human rights. The detention of acused Taliban fighters at a US military base in Cuba without access access to legal counsel and due process deeply saddens me. The following story of 2 Afghanistan men being brutally killed while in the custody of US military makes me fear that we have over looked the respect of human rights. I fear we risk becoming as deplorable as the evil we are suppose to overcome:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/afghanistan/story/0,1284,909294,00.
html

George W. Bush will be remembered by the company he keeps. By appointing John Poindexter, (convicted of lieing to congress in the Iran-Contra scandal) to the head of Total Information Awareness ( a new pentagon program to spy on US citizens) and others like him to key positions puts Bush in a precarious light:

http://www.hereinreality.com/bigbrother.html

I believe Bush would be considered a hero if he changes his mind and doesn't go to war. It takes a big man to change plans and accept diplomatic solutions when he has prepared mightily for war. There is no disgrace in allowing diplomacy, even if not unfettered, to create change when the alternative is a war resulting in great human suffering and loss of life.

The world community is making it abuntantly clear that it does not want this war. Working with the world community to keep pressure on Iraq (we bomb them on a regular basis as it is) does not let Saddam off the hook. It lets the Iraqi people off the hook and hopefully gives them a chance to find a better solution to this grave problem.

Peace be with you,
c.t kirkpatrick
aka: Think

NameCaster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Bush is about as bright as a burned out lightbulb.
When you elect the village idiot to run things other countries will take advantage of it.

*uck the corporate world.

The only thing I agree with about him is taking out sadam insane.
Otherwise he's a loaded gun. His legacy may well be the guy that started world war III.

BTW
NukeKorea.com is avail.

Cheers!

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mudfence
His legacy may well be the guy that started world war III.

Absolutely.

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fizz
This is the New York Times' excellent editorial today on a war with Iraq:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/09/o...00&en=c8cacab02bc0f009&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE

Thanks for the Read Fizz. Very interesting editorial for the Times.

If this report is accurate, The Pope is brokering a deal offering Saddam 72 hours starting this coming Tuesday to except exile or prepare for war. It is being discussed by the ten nonpermanent members of the UN Securitry Council:

http://www.sundayherald.com/31989

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
'Uday might be the first to shoot his father if he refused an amnesty,' one senior Jordan official is quoted as saying.

hehe...as Chris Rock says...

Thats your family!

N

namegame

Originally posted by fizz
This is the New York Times' excellent editorial today on a war with Iraq:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/09/o...00&en=c8cacab02bc0f009&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE
Thanks for the link to this editorial. Not to sound unpatriotic but I agree 100% with this view. The crux of the problem is, as the editorial states very well, Bush has painted himself into a corner and he will definitely "lose face" if the war effort is not pushed into a major conflict. The only question I have at this point is not if but when - why March 17th as an ultimatum? Does he think we will be too smashed on green beer on St. Paddy's Day to know or care if the war has started?

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by vivnet

Thanks for the link to this editorial.

NYTimes=liberal bias

It's best to watch C-Span if you want to stay informed. Both sides of the political spectrum will use their "own" news services to try and sway public opinion. You just have to be smart enough "want" the correct answer.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To get a very wide take on the same issue from 4,500 news sources around the world, this is a fantastic resource:

www.news.google.com

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by vivnet
The only question I have at this point is not if but when - why March 17th as an ultimatum?
My understanding is that the intense Middle East summer is fast approaching and a war must go ahead before the end of March to avoid these conditions.

N

namegame

Originally posted by izopod

NYTimes=liberal bias

It's best to watch C-Span if you want to stay informed. Both sides of the political spectrum will use their "own" news services to try and sway public opinion. You just have to be smart enough "want" the correct answer.
Agreed - Since I read the NY Times on a daily basis I am aware of this bias and while 99% of the time I don't share the same view and very often oppose it vehemently, I have to say that this time they are 100% on the mark.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is an example of a biased story regarding Bush's Fed court nominee, Miguel Estrada:

http://www.aflcio.org/issuespolitics/civilrights/ns02132003.cfm

This article does not mention that Republicans begrudingly voted in many Fed Court nominees that didn't have previous bench experience. The article also fails to mention the fact that the past (7) Solitictor Generals wrote a letter to the Senate explaining why it wouldn't be a good idea to release Miguel Estrada's papers while he worked in the SG office. They said that it is of vital importance to get "good, accurate" advice from lawyers who work in that office. If these lawyers felt their papers would be subject to review in the event they are ever appointed for a judgeship, they would be less candid in giving their opininons openly and honestly Btw: Most of the SG's that signed the letter were democrats.

It might also be interesting to note Miguel Estrada was questioned for nearly 12 hours back in 9.02 when the democrats were in control. This was one of the longest q&A sessions the judiciary committee has held (the only other one--clarence thomas). ONLY two democrat senators had follow-up questions.

The democrats also claim Estrada was evasive in some of his answers. Duh! If you are going to be an impartial judge it wouldn't make sense to put yourself into a box. Many, many other appointee's have refused similiar lines of questioning. Other than that he was open and honest in his general views.

Where did I find all this info---C-Span, Senate.gov, etc.

Izopodian Philosophy: To quote liberal or conservative news sources is about as intelligent as relying on Saddam Hussein to quietly dismantle his cache of weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom