Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

sedo acts as broker for buyer or seller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When you come to a "Make Offer" listing this text is at the bottom:

START

No time for direct negotiation?

Then let our professional domain brokers handle it for you! Our brokers will work directly with you, take over the tedious back and forth negotiations with the seller, and use their expert knowledge to get the domain for you at the lowest price possible. Take advantage of our personal and competent service to finally get the domain that you really want.

END

Correct me if I am wrong but since the seller is paying the commission to Sedo, shouldn't Sedo be working for the best interest of the seller and not the buyer? As in real estate, the broker represents the seller.

I'm not too happy about Sedo working AGAINST me while I pay their commission.

Also, does this mean that Sedo will make an offer from [email protected] and not [email protected]?

Domain Summit 2024

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo is acting as a dual agent, as in real estate. I would agree that many times you do not want the same broker working for both parties as there is a greater chance for conflict of interest issues. Domain Name Sales is not regulated, so I tread carefully with anyone saying they will represetn your best interest. Real Estate is heavily regulated and it is illegal for an agent or broker to represent both parties in my state without the written consent of both parties.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind negotiating with sedo, most buyers get mad at me and drop out of negotiations, I would guess because i ask too much for domains

SLushie

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
rsequin said:
When you come to a "Make Offer" listing this text is at the bottom:

START

No time for direct negotiation?

Then let our professional domain brokers handle it for you! Our brokers will work directly with you, take over the tedious back and forth negotiations with the seller, and use their expert knowledge to get the domain for you at the lowest price possible. Take advantage of our personal and competent service to finally get the domain that you really want.

END

Correct me if I am wrong but since the seller is paying the commission to Sedo, shouldn't Sedo be working for the best interest of the seller and not the buyer? As in real estate, the broker represents the seller.

I'm not too happy about Sedo working AGAINST me while I pay their commission.

Also, does this mean that Sedo will make an offer from [email protected] and not [email protected]?

Just grabbed this off their site:

Domain-Transfer: After the negotiations have been successful, Sedo will handle the formalities of the domain's technical transfer. Our all-inclusive commission fee is only 10% of the final sales price (or $100 minimum), and includes our secure escrow service.

Looks like the buyer pays the commission when they use their brokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom