Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo PPC is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you disputing what I am saying and what others have found as well? That the PPC is way down south?

Why should I contact Sedo - who doesn't care nor responds anyway - to ask them to do their job RIGHT? They make money off MY traffic by paying less and less per click.

I've sold more domains on my own; Sedo's not the only venue and as seen by the recent sales of stolen names, not as safe as they profess. But my gripe here is the PEANUTS in PPC that Sedo pays, not an overall critique of their performance in 2007; otherwise they'd receive 1 star out of 5 from me.

Not disputing you or any one else, as I don't have a problem with ppc rev at Sedo. Now my DS rev may be down, but that's not the topic.

Why should you contact Sedo?
I really don't care if you do or don't, but if it was Citibank or Chase who was short on your money, I bet you would call them.

It still however, remains your right and perogative to continue to flip back and forth to whatever ppc you want, but it's still the same story over and over.

Seems obvious that Sedo is not going to get into a piss match with you here on the forum.

So.....whatcha gonna do Theo?

:ranger:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Was DNF down for 8 hours straight? I was itching to respond :D

See Don, I am not a Sedo acolyte like you. I call them as I see them. When Sedo makes me money, I praise them. When they don't, I raise hell.

What do you mean, what am I going to do? I am not going to do anything. Sedo needs to do A LOT to get back up because they are seeing the smoke off the heels of the competition.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Maybe for traffic that originates at the Sedo offices in Germany :D

Seriously, post some PPC from Europe via Sedo. Here's mine: $0.05 to $0.11

Smoke indeed - with assorted mirrors.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my average rate per click at parked.com right now is over $1..no BS

sedo was like 0.11

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I put the blame squarely on the way Sedo generates the template code, without any keyword seeding whatsoever.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes -- lately even I have seen that I make less for the same profit. But then I am into development and park my names for the sake of parking them. Maybe it's time I make a generic landing page and have it on all my new domains rather than park them with a PPC site.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes -- lately even I have seen that I make less for the same profit. But then I am into development and park my names for the sake of parking them. Maybe it's time I make a generic landing page and have it on all my new domains rather than park them with a PPC site.
When you come up with something that is dynamic and reasonable, let me know.

I am testing the waters at Bodis and I like the flexibility. But I want even more control over content. But there's is a very good model of what a lander or parking site could be.

I have seen sedo the last few weeks and months look like a roller coaster. Ups and downs and no rationale. From one day to the next.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Are these for individual domains with the .no, .ch etc TLD? How do you extract such figures when the Sedo stats don't show it?

damitssam

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I extracted the individual stats, used some excel functions to average it all out for the epc.

These are all "statistically significant" (more then 100+ clicks each).

But of course, like i said, sedo fails at certain European Countries:

Average EPC for Luxembourg (the richest country in europe): $0.09
EPC for Germany: $0.05 (but really unsufficent stats)
EPC for Romania: $0.03
EPC For France: $0.04

Nevertheless, Sedo ROCKS for europe overall.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I can see the "rocks" that drag the ship to the bottom of the sea.
My traffic is 56% North America and 23% Europe so I am not impressed.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same domain, past three months.

June 2007
47 Clicks
21.00% Click rate
$1.16 $/Click
$54.53 Revenue

July 2007
59 Clicks
27.00% Click rate
$1.00 $/Click
$59.05 Revenue

August 2007
99 Clicks
41.00% Click rate
$0.28 $/Click
$27.52 Revenue

As the CTR has steadily increased, the PPC has steadily declined. So yes, I see the effect that Acroplex is describing.

This is (was) an excellent performer at Sedo. Within three months, the CTR has nearly doubled which is what we all desire. But within that same three month period the PPC has fallen by nearly 75%.

Rather than at the present PPC of being only $0.28, it would be nice to see the monthly total at this point $99.00 instead of $27.52.

This has prompted me to start looking a little closer at the fluctuations and swings.

By the way, no keywords have been altered or changed and 94.5% of traffic is USA.

On the whole, I am still hanging in there with Sedo, don't see me going back to Parked under any circumstances, having satisfactory results with domain parking trials at Bodis, and not too much of a fan of ND other than it is the best place for .mobi traffic.

So it will be a never ending trial of this one here, that one there, and on and on. Too many damn domains make it time consuming but they are mine and it is lost revenue to be concerned with.

That is just one domain illustrated. All in all, just looking at the top 10 for PPC, there is about a $400.00 difference in PPC that is not being shown. I am basing this on what the PPC was averaging last month vs. what it is at present. This is not readily noticable when the total dollars from last month is virtually identical thinking that all is well and good.

But when I see the CTR up but the PPC down, then it seems like someone is performing a balancing act with the numbers.

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and not too much of a fan of ND other than it is the best place for .mobi traffic.

So there is some traffic for keyword.mobi ???

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
At some point for a specific domain that gets 100% type-ins and 50-70 daily uniques, I was told by Sedo - when I asked why the large drop in PPC (from $0.35 to $0.09) - that they "had been paying too much" for the keyword. So I am convinced a lot of behind the doors cooking occurs.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to step in and say that *some* people make a few bucks per day with parking..other people make ALOT more, of course it's all a numbers game..and we have a way bigger investment in this numbers game with many more names and much more traffic than (please forgive me) the small frys...people with alot of traffic see trends on a much larger scale spread out across more names with a bigger overall effect, and choosing the best place to make the most money becomes actually quite easy, you just compare the last numbers and skip all the BS...just something to think about when advice is being given out here on the forum...Guess where we send 10k uniques per day? :eek:k:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So there is some traffic for keyword.mobi ???
Beyond a doubt. Those that have some .mobi parked (the push is to develop) use ND for several reasons:

Each lander has 10 links rather than the 5 Sedo gives. Twice the number of links gives the viewer twice as many options.

ND landing pages instantly resolve whereas Sedo my take 4-5 days, depending on what day of the week it is.

ND foreign language landers are also instantly resolve and can be very effective.

Good keyword domains are actually that...their own keywords. If you have great one word and even two word in any language, you should have good results. I have English, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Hindi, Chinese, French, German and other language keywords always getting traffic. And these are not bots as bots don't click on ads.

As for CTR, so-so results as I think alot of traffic are people "curious". PPC will not be huge as well as this is a fledling industry but it definitely picking up steam and more and more ad companies are entering the arena.

Some people report good traffic at Sedo but very poor CTR and I believe this is most likely due to their 5 ad links vs. 10 at ND.

At some point for a specific domain that gets 100% type-ins and 50-70 daily uniques, I was told by Sedo - when I asked why the large drop in PPC (from $0.35 to $0.09) - that they "had been paying too much" for the keyword. So I am convinced a lot of behind the doors cooking occurs.
Another "dart board" PPC scale?

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But when I see the CTR up but the PPC down, then it seems like someone is performing a balancing act with the numbers.

I've even noticed this with parked, and I don't have a huge traffic portfolio

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guess where we send 10k uniques per day? :eek:k:
I would guess to the same place that is in your sig and the same place that graciously erased all those uniques a day on my behalf saying it was from unknown sources.

You remember...that seven year old domain that was an NBA team fan website with several thousand registered members...that domain I caught on a drop? That domain that when parked with PARKED their downstream advertisers refused to pay for the traffic therefore my clicks were washed away even though they still got the traffic? Free traffic.

The one that I took back from a parked page to an active site;

Current Rankings:
PageRank: 4/10
Alexa Rank: Not Ranked

Incoming Google Links: 5
Incoming Yahoo Links: 3,069
Incoming MSN Links: 0
Incoming Alexa Links: 6
Overall Incoming Links: 3,080 (Overlap is possible - Estimated 3,069 unique links)
Outgoing Links: 41 (Ratio: 0.122% - Each Link Receives Approx. 0.083 PR) [ View History ]

Page Information:
Title: BleacherMob.com
Description: BleacherMob.com: NBA BASKETBALL & SACRAMENTO KINGS. All the latest news and information. Various languages. Updates Regularly.

Online Since: September 8th, 2000

DMOZ Listed: No
Archive.org Listed: Yes (132 results)
UrlTrends Cache: View Latest ( View All )

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Let's keep on-subject: the Sedo PPC that mysteriously lowers itself each and every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom