Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo PPC is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would guess to the same place that is in your sig and the same place that graciously erased all those uniques a day on my behalf saying it was from unknown sources.

You remember...that seven year old domain that was an NBA team fan website with several thousand registered members...that domain I caught on a drop? That domain that when parked with PARKED their downstream advertisers refused to pay for the traffic therefore my clicks were washed away even though they still got the traffic? Free traffic.

The one that I took back from a parked page to an active site;

Current Rankings:
PageRank: 4/10
Alexa Rank: Not Ranked

Incoming Google Links: 5
Incoming Yahoo Links: 3,069
Incoming MSN Links: 0
Incoming Alexa Links: 6
Overall Incoming Links: 3,080 (Overlap is possible - Estimated 3,069 unique links)
Outgoing Links: 41 (Ratio: 0.122% - Each Link Receives Approx. 0.083 PR) [ View History ]

Page Information:
Title: BleacherMob.com
Description: BleacherMob.com: NBA BASKETBALL & SACRAMENTO KINGS. All the latest news and information. Various languages. Updates Regularly.

Online Since: September 8th, 2000

DMOZ Listed: No
Archive.org Listed: Yes (132 results)
UrlTrends Cache: View Latest ( View All )

Doc, they obviously want to gain new customers and make people happy..that's why so many people are using parked.com..if you had an issue with one domain name and their downstream feed providers were not paying for the traffic for one reason or another it seems like a unique case with a specific name..of course as has been said many times before some domains ARE better suited to somewhere else, but trust me when I tell you my interests here are far from someone using my affiliate link to sign up for parked.com so I can make an extra few bucks at the end of the month...to be honest with you I would'nt even notice the difference as our revenue is so good there and several times what sedo ever paid us for the same exact clicks...I feel it is my moral obligation and everyone's right as a fellow domainer to know the other options out there and the fact that their is somewhere online that will not screw you. Yes, you can make a living on PPC..but not always with an expired basketball forum domain..which is a very good point to demonstrate here. I am sure if you have sufficient traffic and rev potential Donny or one of his guys would love to personally assist you in making sure that you too become another satisfied customer that gets paid twice per month..but remember, you can't make something out of nothing brother. Some people have a business model surrounding the eventual sale of domains names and they basically just sit in limbo parked anywhere up until that point and earn some nominal revenue per year..maybe reg fee back or a few times that, etc. (sedo is a great venue for this as it's is a great sales market) Other people on the other side of the domain business pay 1k,5k,10k,15k or more per traffic name (like we do all the time) and park them at the place that seems to give you one of the top returns on your investment currently for traffic and clicks, and is run by a very cool team of what I consider "domainer friendly" people that make sure you get paid on time twice per month..and I don't think I have to tell you who that is again! Acroplex came BACK over to the green side..are you next? ;)

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well said!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.if you had an issue with one domain name and their downstream feed providers were not paying for the traffic for one reason or another it seems like a unique case with a specific name
I used one and only one example. This was the case with numerous that I tried there. Virtually all traffic wiped away and clicks erased.

These were not fresh regs but proven performers with age.

I am sure if you have sufficient traffic and rev potential Donny or one of his guys would love to personally assist you in making sure that you too become another satisfied customer that gets paid twice per month..but remember, you can't make something out of nothing brother.
That opportunity was presented right here on this very forum and it was one story after another as to why this and why that. At one point he said it was my fault. I moved the domains. So I published the stat logs right here. Nothing was ever moved within the timeframe that he quoted. But I am not about to rehash all of that for the sake of Donny, Chris, Acroplex, parked and Sedo. Nor do I intend on hijacking Acroplex's thread.

Jeez, most people must think I own three domains and my parents bought those last week for me on my 14th birthday.

Acroplex came BACK over to the green side..are you next? ;)
Yeah, hold your breath...

Another example I pulled up thanks to Acroplex's thought provoking post.

It is not a huge traffic generator as it is a medical specialty.

As you can see, CTR has been consistent:

June 2007
30.00%
$5.87
$64.52

July 2007
26.00%
$4.35
$52.17

August 2007
30.00%
$2.84
$19.86

But the PPC has been cut in half. 97.3% of this traffic is USA.

Sure, I can pull some examples where the PPC has ticked up. But it is a numbers game when across the board, as a whole, traffic is steady and even increased, CTR overall is increased, but PPC is down keeping the monthly payout virtually unchanged.

In this example and the other one posted, I am seeing an overall decrease in PPC for the month thus far around $120.00. That is just two domains.

I would hate to think that I have to go through nearly 2000 domains at sedo.

But, I am saving myself some grief by trying some at Bodis. On the whole, I am seeing nearly a 66% (yes, nearly 2/3) increase in PPC with the trial period domains with the lowest PPC being $0.27. I am not sure of foreign (primarily european or asian traffic) but it is not that difficult to set keywords appropriately to that market.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are seeing good results too with bodis..but not the very high sustained click values from parked.com on high value traffic..but bodis seems VERY good to get .25 & .30 clicks out of traffic that pays .05-.10 click everywhere else...we shall see if payments are made and the numbers stick...hopefully they do and it will be another great option for some domains...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The trend is what matters. The Sedo PPC trend is lower and lower payments. I don't mind nor care about PPC spikes for 1 to 5 clicks per hundred. What I care about is the PPC average over the course of months and how low it has become. There is no transparency nor means to establish one.

HiPurple

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's official: today I made more money through the Sedo affiliates ("partners") than from my own account.

Not because I had less hits or clicks. But because the PPC that Sedo lets us keep has gone way, WAY south.

1 cent short of single digits.

What a disgrace.

Moved all the zero clickers to Parked.com and they make $1,200 a year that I'd NEVER see with Sedo.

No replies to requests.

No responses to threads about scandalous activities (Dirty.org & Raven.com)

Does Sedo care about how badly their profile has been painted amongst us domainers?

Sedo only issues PR's these days.

Ummm, who's Sedo?

::ducking::

Welkin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Really? can you provide some examples .

Cheers.

I don't want to show them in public but in general these are some names with good traffic but very few clicks and also some tm typos.
On the other hand, PPC at Sedo (and for the last days at ND also) is up and down constantly so there's no guarantee that it will be like this always.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've just applied for parked.com. I'm eager to compare them to sedo...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
On the other hand, PPC at Sedo (and for the last days at ND also) is up and down constantly so there's no guarantee that it will be like this always.

I call this the "yo-yo" effect. It's been going on since January 2006.

Canoodle

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been with Sedo for a long time. Very unhappy with them now. I have switched some low performing names to Fabulous and they paid much more right away.

I'm also trying Bodis. Not that happy so far, but I think their potential is great. Hope they succeed.

Bottom line: I'm moving 80% of my names from sedo. Very poor payouts.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone true domainer who keeps their top names or any names at Sedo is losing money. I moved my entire portfolio to Parked.com this week and I kid you not have been receiving tons of offers on my names(at least way more offers then usual around this time frame). which I think its because of how Parked actually adds meta tags and sedo doesn't) I have been with sedo for years and had some good sales and some great sales... but there customer service sucks and and so those their ppc. I've been wit parked for not too long, but I see the difference. One thing I did like about sedo is that I was able to cross-promote my names on any domain listed.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I see no reason to stay with Sedo as soon as Bodis starts their payouts. Everyone seems to be happy with the "paper money" so far. My stable traffic and clickthrough rate are decimated by Sedo's obscenely low PPC.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo were never any good for income. Maybe they are livelier in selling stuff if you have the patience to wait for payment. You don't have to park there to sell.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'd take it one step further; there seems to be a rumor about PPC-fixing. The pattern is there.
We shall see.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is what you don't want to see. Same domain name at Sedo:

09/01/07
6 Clicks
33.33% Click rate
$1.22 $/Click
$7.33 Revenue

09/02/07
5 Clicks
55.56% Click rate
$0.60 $/Click
$2.98 Revenue

09/03/07
7 Clicks
18.42% Click rate
$1.08 $/Click
$7.54 Revenue

09/04/07
12 Clicks
30.00% Click rate
$1.13 $/Click
$13.59 Revenue

09/05/07
8 Clicks
16.00% Click rate
$0.94 $/Click
$7.52 Revenue

09/06/07
7 Clicks
16.67% Click rate
$1.22 $/Click
$8.56 Revenue

09/07/07
9 Clicks
22.50% Click rate
$3.38 $/Click
$30.40 Revenue

09/08/07
4 Clicks
22.22% Click rate
$3.95 $/Click
$15.78 Revenue

09/09/07
2 Clicks
11.11% Click rate
$0.72 $/Click
$1.44 Revenue

09/10/07
7 Clicks
17.07% Click rate
$1.69 $/Click
$11.85 Revenue

09/11/07
8 Clicks
16.67% Click rate
$1.18 $/Click
$9.42 Revenue

09/12/07
6 Clicks
25.00% Click rate
$0.69 $/Click
$4.15 Revenue

93% traffic historically from US. Why the enormous fluctuation in PPC in such a short period? Paying a high on the month of $3.95 PPC 4 days ago to a today's PPC for this domain on today's numbers.

I am sure I can get a thousand different reasons why.

A 572% decrease in PPC in 4 days? You gotta be kidding me?

The graph for this one domain would look like a sine wave.

A trend seems to follow...CTR% up = PPC$ down.

When this domain was at 55.56% it was paying $0.60.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
YES!

Seriously, plot a chart and let's ponder the Sedo Arches :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom