Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Very disappointed with Namepros

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Long story short a short while ago I helped uncover a habitual trader of stolen names, present owner of stolen names and from what the evidence shows the theif himself! Well we worked hard and 4 names were returned, the offender identified, he faked screen shots, couldn't provide valid proof anyone else was involved to back his " story " and as should result he was banned here at DNF. It was pretty clear cut...

Well at Namepros it seemed the same ending had happened except he is now back and active :( I have notifed them if that is how they operate I am not interested in helping the board ( NP's) any longer. In fact I wish for my whole namepros account to be terminated completely. There is no room for theft and unethical behaviour, many people are hurt by it emotionally and certainly monertarily. If what that member did wasn't enough to ban him than what is?

Just very sad to see this is how NP's now operates. :worried:

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Most of NP's Ops are teenagers. Did you contact the owner, Ron James, he's also a member here.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not directly, I exchanged PM's with Dave and one other who said it was being reviewed, as off a week or so ago his account was closed, now its back. Not sure why, maybe he kicked and screamed he couldnt sale stolen names as well here now that he is banned and needed a big board to do it so they let him back lol Sad really, RJ must know of this!

On a side note my desire was granted, no longer a member of NP's. I cannot be a member of a forum whic I know allows theives and traders of stolen names to operate, it's a slap in the face to members and myself.

Last edited:

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can you reveal that member's identity please?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am surprised they granted you a cancellation.

Typically they just BAN anyone who disagrees with them.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just contacted them and asked on what grounds did they allow him to be unbanned...
Why? He voluntarily asked not to be a member.

Good god, don't ask about me. They'll kick you off as well just for asking.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very disappointed with Namepros :

it is what it is

many of their members are members here too

they may have joined here under different user names

so the community as a whole is suspect, and you just have to exclude individuals from that group as you go along

there are just as many members here who have been banned, returned, changed names, etc.

some come back and be cool and some just set-up new traps. :)

but in the future, i'll just watch...

because most newbs ain't gonna listen and a lot of domainers have blinders on.

so unless you're netsniffing their trails, someone will slip thru

for what it's worth....your efforts, along with others are appreciated

D

Deleted member 111831

NP is a joke. RJ is a joke. He's the picture of complacency. Doesn't care about his members, doesn't take questions, feedback or criticism well at all.

In my experience.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the support guys and kind words.
Hey we did what we could, this catch actually belongs to a bunch of people here who gave great info along the way, true family effort :)

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been a member here about as long as I have on NP. I can honestly say that of the time I spend on domain forums, 99.9% of it is right here on dnf. NP as a whole has more of an adolescent vibe to it. Looks like Namefinker got away with one on NP, but not here on DNF.

Kudos once again to JP

TechMan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thefts, scams etc are all over and no forum is without its criminals but the way a forum handles the situation once the scam/theft/crime is exposed is what ultimately matters. In the case you gave the two links for I have no idea what the whole story is, it would have been nice to hear from MrsJello, maybe Johnn can clariy what the discovery was?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom