Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Very disappointed with Namepros

Status
Not open for further replies.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I very much like DNF also but these kind of things happen here also. See these threads to see what I am talking about.
l[/url]

I am well aware of noted situation and, if you have read the thread, know that I have also posted. Yes, these "things" also happen here, but unlike NP, our mods and admins dont just close their eyes to it.

TechMan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The one difference between DNF and NP I have found out during the last few days is "To get screwed on NP costs nothing"
I created a thread about that TooManyDomains and MrsJello situation but mods closed it without giving any answer.
http://www.dnforum.com/f26/toomanydomains-vs-mrs-jello-thread-412406.html

I want to know why MrsJello is not banned yet after he stole the domain? Why the special treatment?

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have an advice, trust no one

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please note: all views stated in this post are my personal opinion, not official NP replies, I don't have any authority / authorisation for that.

It was pretty clear cut...
Actually it wasn't JP, why his account was re-opened afaik. Lynch mobs form faster against people from certain locations is all I'd like to say here.

There is no room for theft and unethical behaviour
I agree with this entirely, as do all the other mods / tls over at NP.

Just very sad to see this is how NP's now operates. :worried:
One action doesn't define a forum, if that were the case, most forums could be accused of wrongdoing, which is certainly not the case. Incidents happen everywhere, response times and methods are different is all.

On a side note my desire was granted, no longer a member of NP's. I cannot be a member of a forum whic I know allows theives and traders of stolen names to operate, it's a slap in the face to members and myself.
It's sad that you asked your NP account to be closed, not a desirable outcome, but it's your decision finally.

Though if those are your terms, you'd probably have to get out of domaining in entirety, the amount of unethical behaviour that happens at all domain venues and services is unreal. I'm sure you yourself have enough content to write a book on those.

so the community as a whole is suspect, and you just have to exclude individuals from that group as you go along

there are just as many members here who have been banned, returned, changed names, etc.

some come back and be cool and some just set-up new traps. :)
This is exactly right... buyer beware. Trade with people you know or people who've been around for a bit and you're sure their accounts are not hacked. :rolleyes:

I very much like DNF also but these kind of things happen here also.
Yes they do.

The one difference between DNF and NP I have found out during the last few days is "To get screwed on NP costs nothing"
Costs nothing except for the opportunity to trade at one of the biggest wholesale venues on the planet for domain names. Some might find that acceptable, I'm a businessman first, both these forums are important to me.

TechMan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Costs nothing except for the opportunity to trade at one of the biggest wholesale venues on the planet for domain names. Some might find that acceptable, I'm a businessman first, both these forums are important to me.

What I meant was both forums are same. Admins on both forums make mistakes and take sides. The only difference is one forum is free while other is not.
But some users think this forum is on some kind of high moral ground.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

In fact after reading the following thread I will say NP is much better than DNF.
http://www.dnforum.com/f417/ban-mrsjello-thread-412561.html

TheLegendaryJP I would like to hear your opinion on this.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]In fact after reading the following thread I will say NP is much better than DNF.
http://www.dnforum.com/f417/ban-mrsjello-thread-412561.html

TheLegendaryJP I would like to hear your opinion on this.
NP is the only forum I know of that will ban someone or kick them out of the forum for speaking badly about them even OFF the forum.

I can not count the people (myself included) that this has happened to.

Look at it this way...you are on the forum discussing your unhappiness with how a situation on this forum was handled.

Should you be banned from DNF for this?

TechMan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NP is the only forum I know of that will ban someone or kick them out of the forum for speaking badly about them even OFF the forum.

I can not count the people (myself included) that this has happened to.

Look at it this way...you are on the forum discussing your unhappiness with how a situation on this forum was handled.

Should you be banned from DNF for this?

In the same way it can be said that DNF is the only forum where even after presenting with clear proof of stealing, and after repeatedly asking admins about it, they will not ban a member because he is <insert some excuse here>

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the same way it can be said that DNF is the only forum where even after presenting with clear proof of stealing, and after repeatedly asking admins about it, they will not ban a member because he is <insert some excuse here>
No, that is what you want to say. Again.

I am asking if you think it is proper for a forum that you are praising ban members for speaking out against it either on or off the forum.

Remember the title of this thread?

I am well aware of what you are complaining about.

You have interjected your opinion and feelings all over this forum in that regard.

No, I am not taking sides with that concern.

Once more, start a thread addressing your concerns.

Or go to NP and start a thread there on DNF and how horrible they are.

TechMan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, that is what you want to say. Again.

I am asking if you think it is proper for a forum that you are praising ban members for speaking out against it either on or off the forum.

Remember the title of this thread?

I am well aware of what you are complaining about.

You have interjected your opinion and feelings all over this forum in that regard.

No, I am not taking sides with that concern.

Once more, start a thread addressing your concerns.

Or go to NP and start a thread there on DNF and how horrible they are.

Ok let me answer your question first. No this is plain wrong and childish to ban a member because he said something bad about NP whether on NP or off the forum. This shows the NP moderators are not mature enough and they can't take criticism.

By the way I post more here than NP. It's not that I hate or love DNF or NP, both are equal to me.

Now answer my question about whether what admins did in case of TooManyDomains vs MrJello was right? And I did create a thread about it but mods closed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom