Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Warning: beware of the member - MIHOLDEM - unauthorised payment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The positive feedback actually convinced me to go through with the deal after I had some doubts :(

Lots of positive feedback accumulated over a short period of time ("frantic buying") is a sign of scamming potential. The same way that eBay scammers buy or sell cheap items for a buck or two before they pull off the "big one".

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The positive feedback actually convinced me to go through with the deal after I had some doubts :(

I am very sorry about this! Please pardon me... I won't left feedbacks like that quick again... and I won't deal with new members again.

metrisoft

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I offered to use an escrow service (and pay the fees myself) but the seller still wasn't willing to sell to me.

Is there some other way of proving my authenticity?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If us new members can't purchase or buy domains and have no other options to gain positive rep, then what is the point of paying $60 to be a member of this forum? What are we to do?

Matt MacKay
Metrisoft, LLC

Adam owns DNForum - he's also an associate of GoDaddy.

I understand your predicament, you can always verify for free. It involves the faxing of some bill statements which prove that you are who you are. This is done once, it's free (if I recall correctly) and after that you get a "Verified Member" seal.

metrisoft

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Adam owns DNForum - he's also an associate of GoDaddy.

I understand your predicament, you can always verify for free. It involves the faxing of some bill statements which prove that you are who you are. This is done once, it's free (if I recall correctly) and after that you get a "Verified Member" seal.

Perfect. Yes, I can fax over my LLC documents. Do you mind providing the fax number and contact info?

Thanks,

Matt

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I offered to use an escrow service (and pay the fees myself) but the seller still wasn't willing to sell to me.

Is there some other way of proving my authenticity?

Become a verified member on DNForum

ktechsite

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well what i always prefer is asking the buyer to open a dispute and closing the dispute and then pushing the domains

rajs1ngh

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened with me but not with the same buyer. A new member InBrownStockings purchased a few domains from me (24 3 char .net's for $750) and paid me immediately thru paypal. I pushed the domain to her a/c at godaddy.

Then again, i contacted her if she is interested to buy something else from my portfolio, and she agreed to buy another domain for $800 and sent the money immediately like earlier, but this time Paypal notified me for Unauthorize payment. Now, paypal regularly sending me emails to resolve the issue and i have sent 6-7 emails to that member "InBrownStockings" repeatedly asking to provide her "Shipping Address" on file at Paypal (Coz paypal need from me to resolve the issue.) but she is not giving me the "Shipping Address" for the same. She did replied yesterday that she has talked with paypal and Paypal has assured her to resolve the issue within 24 hours But I again got the email from paypal just now, to provide her "Shipping Address" to resolve the issue. Yes, i have not transfered domain to her a/c yet, but she has failed to provide shipping address of the paypal a/c. Following is the info of her DNF a/c.

InBrownStockings
Platinum Lifetime Member

DNF$: 100

Now if you can notice that she joined the forum in current month and have gained iTrader 6 in a very short time, even i also left positive feedback after the smooth transaction. Pls let me know if someone else also having similar issue with her.

I also want to add that this issue has been pending at paypal for last 4 days.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As an FYI,

I am on this thread and looking into it.

-=DCG=-

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Adam! Appreciated!

ekal

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
2 of the stolen domains have moved to a Singapore WHOIS:

Registrant Name:Kelvin Ng
Registrant Organization:Kelvin Ng
Registrant Street1:134 Bishan Street
Registrant City:Singapore
Registrant State/Province:Singapore
Registrant Postal Code:570134
Registrant Country:SG
Registrant Phone:+884.98394892
Registrant Email:[email protected]

silverdom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i've got an answer from Enom where they suggest me to ask for legal advice
in order to be able to get my name back.

Well, never use Enom then ever if it's so easy to go away with stolen name.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can also tell you that in the next few days I will be initiating manadatory member verification to cut down on this stuff in the future.

More will be explained early next week.

-=DCG=-

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fellow DNF members, please beware of the member MIHOLDEM

I have sold a domain name to him for $610, he paid by paypal, I pushed the domain name, then he filed a claim of unauthorised payment. The payment is holding by paypal at the moment. I am emailing paypal and godaddy.

I tried to show my trust and respect to this NEW DNF member, but he does let me down. Another DNF member also sold 2 domains to him and facing the loss.

I noticed MIHOLDEM also shown interests to other domains in forum, so please beware of this guy.

MIHOLDEM's details:

Halonen, Aimee [email protected]
1321 Malcolm Drive
Waterford, MI 48327
United States

His Godaddy info:

GD ID:22753273
email: [email protected];
user id:Miholdem;

Paypal info:

Judi Graff
[email protected]

:worried:

User banned and checking into the rest of the informaion.

-=DCG=-

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
InBrownStockings
Platinum Lifetime Member

Banned,

-=DCG=-

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Both users that have been scammed have been pm'd solutions.

-=DCG=-

ambet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was close to sell him (or her) one of my domain names, only because of Owntag's positive feedback. Thank God I am on the other side of the Earth and we didn't met at the time we agreed to, because of the difference of our time zones...
Sorry for your loss Owntag :(

Thanks, Emil.

Thanks, mate, I don't think that works if he intended to scam.

This MIHOLDEM is online and viewing this thread. I have also sent him a pm regarding this issue, but no reply.

Hopefully there is no more members scammed by MIHOLDEM. I'm really sorry that I left the positive feedback for him too quick, which may mislead other DNF members' judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom