Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Warning: beware of the member - MIHOLDEM - unauthorised payment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverdom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Adam,

i wrote an email to [email protected] as my account rep suggested me right now.

may be there is a way you may help to get the name back, i've sent you a PM with the name.

Thanks,
Guy

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thank you Adam for stepping in and cleaning out the scum.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can also tell you that in the next few days I will be initiating manadatory member verification to cut down on this stuff in the future.

More will be explained early next week.

-=DCG=-

I think this is great and I have actually looked into doing this before but I was wondering about the bill being in my wife's name (all of our bills are)...

I read this:

"The utility bill can be parents’ utility bill as long as the addresses match. "

Would the bill in my wife's name be acceptable? Obviously the address will match...

Thanks!

NameCharger

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was in the process of a transaction with MIHOLDEM and asked him/her to send me an email that corresponds to their Paypal acct and their GoDaddy acct and when they stalled, I smelled something fishy.

Sorry to owntag and anyone else who got scammed by this person.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Adam, very helpful, just sent the email to UNDO.

Regards

Yinan

That's what I am here for, no worries.

Glad to help!

-=DCG=-

rubardi1

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is unfortunate. I am impressed at the cooperation with fellow DNforum members. I will be on the look out for this guy.

iridium

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sold two names to InBrownStockings and I am not getting a paypal investigation on both. This member is clearly a fraud! Can't believe I posted 2 positive TR for her!

urbandomainer

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well this is bad news. I am a very new member as of an hour ago and I was hoping by joining dnforum that I would have a little more protection but I guess I will simply have to figure out some kind of strategy like the escrow account suggested above. I just sold 18 domain names to one guy through ebay and the same thing happened. He payed for them through paypal, I pushed them to his godaddy account and then he did a chargeback. I emailed godaddy but they said they can't get involved in 3rd party agreements, ebay said the same thing and I read over Paypal security protection agreement and they don't protect 'intangible goods' so I fear the chargeback is going to go through and I'm out a few hundred bucks. Ouch that hurt, don't think I will do that again...well I guess I will just continue reading and learn some more. Thanks.

MarkMan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sold a domain to InBrownStockings , just the other day i posted a positive for her now i am facing my first chargback in 6 years

and now paypal told me over the phone they don't protect 'intangible goods'

bgmv

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sold a domain to InBrownStockings , just the other day i posted a positive for her now i am facing my first chargback in 6 years

and now paypal told me over the phone they don't protect 'intangible goods'

Oh the good old "intangible goods" dance. PayPal will never help when it comes to intangibles. I wish I could hear the phone recording of myself talking to Paypal and GoDaddy when I got scammed, that would be funny.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Always beware the members flaunting the photo of a hot girl in their avatar or their femininity.

rajs1ngh

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I pushed 4 domains to InBrownStockings Enom a/c. Is there any way to get domains back at Enom?? Please help

silverdom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, i've got an answer from Godaddy today:

Thank you for your email. It appears that you have a 3rd party agreement between yourself and the buyer. We are not able to become involved in this dispute.
Any further dispute over the ownership of the domain name will need to be sent either to the registrant, through an ICANN-approved arbitration provider (http://www.icann.org/dndr/udrp/approved-providers.htm) or the court system.

Which means they can't help.
Does anyone knows what to do ?

nuco

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
InBrownStockings i sold a gud domain worth 300$.....it was charged backed today....is there nyway to get my domain ??? :(

urbandomainer

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well it seems a lot of domainers are learnining a lesson the hard way.
I like the idea of getting verified on dnforum.com.
The dilemma of the buyer who can't buy cause he's too new to the forum is a predicament that getting verified can also help solve.
So since I'm new too, now to find out how we get verified and where's the symbol that shows if a buyer or seller is also verified.
Any help from the dnforum moderators or administrators would be appreciated.

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, i've got an answer from Godaddy today:

Thank you for your email. It appears that you have a 3rd party agreement between yourself and the buyer. We are not able to become involved in this dispute.
Any further dispute over the ownership of the domain name will need to be sent either to the registrant, through an ICANN-approved arbitration provider (http://www.icann.org/dndr/udrp/approved-providers.htm) or the court system.

Which means they can't help.
Does anyone knows what to do ?

I received the same here.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Oh the good old "intangible goods" dance. PayPal will never help when it comes to intangibles. I wish I could hear the phone recording of myself talking to Paypal and GoDaddy when I got scammed, that would be funny.

It's not a dance, This has been Paypal's policy for as long as Paypal has been in existence, and rightly so. You have to understand that Visa, MasterCard and Amex DON'T protect sellers against virtual items when a signature is NOT captured, so why should a 3rd party processor like Paypal protect you? If you used Paypal and got burned, you have nobody to blame but yourself and the guy that ripped you off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators