Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

opinion What is a "Struggle Session" and why we should avoid them at DNForum

This is an opinion held by the original poster regarding the material discussed in the first post of the thread, be it domain name related or not.

JennBlogger

Level 4
Reaction score
There is no indication of a ban for duplicate accounts for @Neoget.

There is an indication that NP justified banning a thoughtful user with fluent English for an alleged duplicate account. The identity of that user is unknown to me but based on writing style is almost certainly a different person.

Your conflation of the topics is however duly noted. As you are brand new to DNF, enjoy yourself. If you spout nonsense or troll, people will ignore you but if you add value, people will engage and follow.
I wasn't talking about neoget, I was talking about "an objective voice of reason was banned:"

This member -
shoulda9393
Account Closed

NP mods posted they were banned for duplicate accounts.

And you didn't address 1 thing I brought up.

Are duplicate accounts here allowed?

You did delete the Alexa thread here, threatened members with bans, removed posts.

Did you not send Paul that letter that Paul posted? Did you not post in that thread basically telling people they better watch what they post?

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

You did delete the Alexa thread here, threatened members with bans, removed posts.
The Alexa thread was mobbed by two trolls intent on being abusive.

JennBlogger

Level 4
Reaction score
The Alexa thread was mobbed by a two trolls intent on being abusive.
I think they were banned but before they were, they archived the thread. They were telling the truth. You were not. It didn't make DNF look good, so they deleted it.

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wasn't talking about neoget, I was talking about "an objective voice of reason was banned:"

This member -
shoulda9393
Account Closed

NP mods posted they were banned for duplicate accounts.

Did you not send Paul that letter that Paul posted? Did you not post in that thread basically telling people they better watch what they post?

shoulda9393 was providing very balanced narrative on NP. Any forum would be lucky to have such a thoughtful and engaged user. I have no idea who he was or whether he had set up a burner account knowing that NP might burn it.

I don't know of a duplicate account policy at DNF. I am not a mod.

I sent a private note to Paul acknowledging that there were users who were posting false info. I suggested an amnesty window so that they could recall or remove content that they later realized was false. It was a kind act.

If my note to Paul was perceived as threatening, it was certainly not the spirit with which it was written.

JennBlogger

Level 4
Reaction score
shoulda9393 was providing very balanced narrative on NP. Any forum would be lucky to have such a thoughtful and engaged user. I have no idea who he was or whether he had set up a burner account knowing that NP might burn it.

I don't know of a duplicate account policy at DNF. I am not a mod.

I sent a private note to Paul acknowledging that there were users who were posting false info. I suggested an amnesty window so that they could recall or remove content that they later realized was false. It was a kind act.

If my note to Paul was perceived as threatening, it was certainly not the spirit with which it was written.
They said right in the thread it was a duplicate account.

You are not the mod, you are the owner. You hire the mods. You are in charge of the mods. That decision is yours to make. Are duplicate accounts allowed here. What is your opinion on that?

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They were telling the truth. You were not. It didn't make DNF look good, so they deleted it.

I made an honest mistake, they capitalized on it. You haven't walked in my shoes and I don't appreciate being called a liar.

Let's know what account your posting under on NP.

JennBlogger

Level 4
Reaction score
There were not banned and are still posting here. I know one was told he could not post for 24 hours.
What you posted turned out not to be true. They were pointing out the truth. It was deleted.

"I made an honest mistake, they capitalized on it."

I believe it was an honest mistake, it was corrected. It should have been left up, not hidden. It goes against what Rob purports to believe.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They said right in the thread it was a duplicate account.

You are not the mod, you are the owner. You hire the mods. You are in charge of the mods. That decision is yours to make. Are duplicate accounts allowed here. What is your opinion on that?

NP does allow duplicate accounts.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Which ones are you using? List all your accounts there. Are you the one that was banned?

I've had the same single account on both websites since 2005 ( best guess ). Mr-X. AcmeDomains.com,

What account are you using on NP? Afraid to tell the truth?

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
They did not ban me completelly, they just turned off my posting ability into that topic about Epik hack, in other threads i can post, until a moderator has not approved my reply it will not go into public view.
P.s. you can find me easy there, by the same avatar.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not playing these games with somebody that knowingly lies. None of your business. This is you trying to change the subject.

Uh-huh. You're not only a liar but a coward. What is the account you are using on NP? How many accounts do you have?

1634683182890.png

JennBlogger

Level 4
Reaction score
Uh-huh. You're not only a liar but a coward. What is the account you are using on NP? How many accounts do you have?

View attachment 5510
You were literally busted lying and they deleted that thread. And you call other people liars? I just told you, none of your business. Is harassment allowed here? Is this your audition to be a mod here?

I've reported your harassment and put you on Ignore. I've had stalking issues in college, I won't have them online. It seems your only goal is to harass people with differing opinions or try to cape for Rob.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You were literally busted lying and they deleted that thread. And you call other people liars? I just told you, none of your business. Is harassment allowed here? Is this your audition to be a mod here?
You asked the same questions of me. Was that harrasment?

Prove I didn't make a mistake and was lying.

I've reported your harassment and put you on Ignore. I've had stalking issues in college, I won't have them online. It seems your only goal is to harass people with differing opinions or try to cape for Rob.
LOL. Talking smack while running away. Great look researcher / journalist / anonymous.

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I've mostly been watching these topics, I noticed a couple of things.

The rivalry between the two forums is definitely stimulating conversation and the thing about topics like these is sometimes it's just good to let the members rave on for a bit. It gives them an outlet and when things cool down who is really going to remember this topic once its buried under a ton of real domaining information.

I did notice that the posts on np have declined over the years, I used to see a lot more new discussion topics but they have dwindled to a handful per day. I won't comment on the logistics of that or why it's happening but I do think in the end conversation can be stimulated on both platforms by engaging each other and linking back and forth.

The linking from DNForum to np is definitely driving traffic back to here and np is losing out by not allowing the bantering back on their site. You can see with some of the new np member accounts here that the process of engagement has begun. In the end the forum that allows more of the free flow of information will probably gain the most.

My advice to mods is to moderate lightly and redirect instead of deleting content. If I was moderating and had a disagreement with a member I would state my opinion (or point) and ask other members to chime in and state theirs. The community will decide who is right and nobody needs to try to overpower another member. Everybody will read into the posts and see what they want to see. Repeating my point of view numerous times it will not change anyone's mind. My time is much better spent reading the posts and learning from the other responses.

I keep saying a forum has two assets.... it's members and it's content, the job of the platform is to encourage both to thrive. Without an opposing point of view there is no forum, if we all had the same opinion we might as well go and read an online magazine.

So I am happy there are two platforms, may the rivalries continue and hopefully challenge us to write some well articulated posts.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom